General Anime Thread

Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
So I just watched Promare in a special release at my local cinema.

I have no idea what I just saw, but I loved it.
Penguin Dragneel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
Finally finished watching the first half of Edens Zero.

Definitely a hell of a lot better than the anime community is giving it credit for.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
The biggest thing putting me off from anime is how much damn fanservice there always is. If it was toned down a bit more or even just done a little bit more tastefully, I’d be okay with it. As it is, it just feels like they’re shoving panty shots in my face.
Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Artist -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Pone of Astronomy
@TheHappySpaceman  
You….. do know that’s not all anime is and there’s a ton of anime without fanservice like panty shots, boobs, and actual nudity, right?  
Anime is just as if not more diverse than western animation. No offense but you’re generalizing it down to something it’s not.
ghostfacekiller39
Duck - Bona fide shitposter - ignore or report

Sunny Day Realtor
@Penguin Dragneel  
Hey man, I’m not even shitposting this time, believe me or not. Fanservice isn’t as omnipresent as people talk about - even in ecchi shows it’s not - and even in spite of that, finding anime without it isn’t very difficult at all. It’s a minor issue some people take that tends to be blown way out of proportion.

It’s hard to sympathize with a problem that can be circumvented by just looking around a bit more and putting the actual amount of content centered around panty shots and the like into perspective, both on an individual series level as well as a medium wide one.

If it’s enough to keep someone off as it is, that’s their problem. They can stay off at that point. It’s like refusing to play a videogame because you don’t like one of the side quests you heard about secondhand. Do I want to try to convince someone to play it if they have a reason like that?
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
@Mikey  
And I’m aware, which is why I’m thankful for the anime I’ve found that don’t have that or have it more tastefully done, like LWA.  
I have no idea where to go after that, granted. (And I hated MHA from the two seasons I’ve seen of it—plus the guy who introduced it to me turned out to be a nonce—so that’s not one I’m trying to watch more of, you dig?)
Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Artist -

Pone of Astronomy
@TheHappySpaceman  
Try Initial D if you like racing. It’s like if Fast and Furious was interesting and made you care about the racing and the racers.  
Hell, even if you don’t like racing give it a try.
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
Oh! Candy Boy! That had incest I think. A girl goes to live with her cousin and they get really close if I remember correctly.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide