General Anime Thread

Holofan4life
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

I II II L
The Demon Slayer movie Mugen Train recently aired on Japanese television for the first time and in its first airing, over 11 million people watched it.

That makes it the most watched anime broadcast in over 20 years.
Holofan4life
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
Outside of Studio Ghibli movies airing on TV, the last time an anime of any kind pulled anything close to those kinds of numbers on Japanese TV, you’d have to go back to an episode of Detective Conan that was broadcasted in 1999.
Random-Rambling
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
The Demon Slayer movie Mugen Train recently aired on Japanese television for the first time and in its first airing, over 11 million people watched it.
That makes it the most watched anime broadcast in over 20 years.

Daaaang!
Penguin Dragneel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
@Holofan4life  
Forget the anime broadcast record. That’s the most watched worldwide broadcast I’ve seen in the past half a decade!

(Y’know, Super Bowl aside, because 70% of the population has a football fetish for some reason)
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Penguin Dragneel  
Football is way less popular worldwide than FOO’BALL. You got Superbowl in the USA but everywhere else there’s the World Cup, Euro Cup, Copa America, Champion’s League, La Liga, Bundesliga, etc.

Wanna know the number for the World Cup Finals on 2018? 3 billion.

I know this aint the thread, but you know…
Penguin Dragneel
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Artist -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
After a bunch of detours (mostly surrounding new Netflix anime), I’ve finally finished My Hero Academia Season 2.
Don’t ask me when I’m starting Season 3, since I have no idea myself.
Background Pony #E479
Read a martial arts manga. Take a shot every time you yell, “That’s not how martial arts/the human body works!”.
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
I was kinda iffy on the first couple episodes, but ever since they introduced the magical girl, I’ve really been enjoying Jahy-sama.
Jahy-sama is unique in that most animes take about a couple episodes before hitting their stride. But with Jahy-sama, it took like 4 or 5 episodes. I continued watching because I felt the show had a lot of potential, but some of the early episodes were really lackluster and mediocre. I credit this to the show trying to establish so much. They had a lot of moving pieces, so they spent a lot of time introducing them. Consequently, by trying to introduce 5 or 6 characters over the span of 4 episodes while also establishing the characters relationships,
everything feel like it was in first gear. I mean, it took until the end of episode 1 to establish that Jahy’s boss and Jahy’s landlord are sisters. And even then, it was only in passing.
And yet, at the same time, while things felt rushed, it also felt kinda slow.
The beginning also suffered because the first three episodes only had four characters: Jahy, her boss, Druj, and the landlord. There was little to no background characters whatsoever, making things feel very static and bland. Again, the introduction of the magical girl has really added a lot to the show and really gave the show a sense of purpose. As whatever the first couple episodes ended up feeling, the last 2 or 3 episodes of Jahy-sama have been really good.
Now that we’re finally past the introduction stage, the show is living up to the potential I knew it had. I’m really glad I’ve stuck with this show. The long wait has really paid off.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
So I drunkenly started watching Kill La Kill the other day.
Was it the whiskey, or does it really not make sense in the first few episodes?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide