General Anime Thread

Penguin Dragneel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
@Lord WyrmSpawN
Alright, if you really wanna know…
The main character has an imagine spot where a buddy of his cucks him out of his rental girlfriend. And it’s not just a random gag. It’s 8 full pages of barely-censored sexual intercourse in a manga that didn’t have any of that previously (as far as I know).
The worst part? The chapter ends with the dude crying. All the while having a boner from it.
Yeah… This isn’t a very pleasant reading experience.
Holofan4life
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

I II II L
The thing that frustrates me the most is that I actually think Rent a Girlfriend has a good premise. With good writing, I think it could’ve been the next Nisekoi. Instead, it’s become the next School Days.
Holofan4life
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
Why can’t we get an anime where the tsundere hooks up with the main character early on in the series? I can count on my hand the number of times that’s happened. I want my tsundere fluff, dang it.
ghostfacekiller39
Duck - Bona fide shitposter - ignore or report

Sunny Day Realtor
@Holofan4life
Because established romances aren’t geared for narrative development, and certainly not as much as the romance being established, it’d likely just be a tertiary element to a main narrative in execution, I.e. something else would be going on causing some form of conflict the characters would have to navigate
Your concept sets itself up for being underwhelming in execution if that’s the main thing you want focused on
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
Yeah, you might be right. When I wrote my first light novel series that was about a tsundere hooking up with the main character early on, I found myself writing a lot about the secondary characters. Because as cute as I find tsundere fluff to be, you need some form of conflict.
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
I really liked the first episode of My Dress-up Darling. I think the thing that stands out the most to me is that it’s your typical loner and popular person have something in common story, but it’s done more believable than most. The main character is a hina doll craftsman, and the girl needs someone to help her sew because she loves cosplaying.
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
I mean, you eventually have to have the tsundere experience character development and become nicer. Because if they don’t, you have a situation where it’s like “Well, why are you still with them?” Mind you, this is coming from someone who probably loves tsunderes more than anybody else on the face of the planet.
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
Seeing Rent a Girlfriend get published gives me hope that maybe I too can get published. Because even if my writing sucks, I’m confident enough that it’s better than that.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide