General Anime Thread

Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
@Random-Rambling
Well that’s disappointing we rarely get a anime and manga that solely focuses on feet, I mean sure it’s a bit of an exploitative idea but at the same time if it works then no harm plus it has good characters and story so it’s engaging for more then just the fetish.
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@Holofan4life
Is there a story behind it? I like when fanart has some kind of story to it.

This was drawn by Joshua Seth’s son. Joshua Seth was the English voice for Tai in Digimon.
Holofan4life
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

I II II L
Has there ever been an anime where a violent tsundere celebrates not punching their crush in the face like they just won The World Series?
I’m talking specifically a tsundere going something along the lines of “Yes! Thank you God! Woo hoo! I went a whole day without punching my crush! This is the best day of my life!”
I just think something like that would be hilarious. Like the tsundere is acting like they accomplished some big achievement but nope. They just managed not to act like an asshole.
Vivace
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
Over the past month and a half, I binged the completed seasons from the sports anime Beyblade Burst. Fun times.
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

I II II L
I wanted to give my two cents on Steins;Gate episode 18 seeing as how it’s controversial amongst people.
Right off the bat, I want to state that I’m a huge advocator for trans and gay rights. I believe everyone should be treated equal regardless of their gender or orientation. As such, not having read the visual novels before watching the anime, I was curious to see what they were going to do with Luka.
I think given the circumstances, they actually did a pretty okay job with the stuff between Okabe and Luka. In fact, I would go so far as to say the episode made Okabe more likable once the episode was over with. Really, I think my issues with it mostly has to do with things in hindsight.
I feel if you don’t pay close enough attention to the episode, you might end up thinking that Okabe turned Luka down because he’s a guy. And at first, that was his big hang-up. But I think as the episode progresses, the more Okabe realizes that the reason he doesn’t want to date Luka isn’t because he’s a guy but rather he’s not attracted to him. I think in today’s world, they probably would make that point more salient and clear: that Okabe still loves Luka for who he is. They do a decent job with it, I just fear if you don’t pay close attention you might think otherwise.
Another thing I thought while watching the episode is while Luka is not trans, I thought the episode did have somewhat of an unintentional pro trans message. What Okabe learns is to not be uncomfortable around Luka just because he’s a guy who has a crush on him. He learns to accept Luka’s feelings while also politely turning him down. This is an extremely slippery slope this episode went down, but I felt by the end of it Luka and Okabe’s relationship grew and became stronger.
One last thing I want to say is that I think focusing somewhat on Kurisu’s reactions to the date between Okabe and Luka actually improved the episode for me. I know this is unintentional, but I kinda view the Kurisu stuff as a necessary crutch that prevented the episode from being more awkward than it could be. Not only did the Kurisu stuff make the episode not age as poorly as it theoretically could’ve, but it furthers the relationship between Okabe and Kurisu, which is honestly one of my favorite parts of the show.
Overall, I’m probably rambling, but I thought episode 18 wasn’t as bad as it could’ve been. I think some aspects of the episode are unfortunate in hindsight, and if Steins;Gate came out today this episode would probably be rewritten, but I came away thinking it spouted a pro gay and trans message, even though that may not have entirely been the point.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Reading Records of Ragnarok.
I don’t feel the fights. Way too smashy with its setpieces. Also the frequent cutaways ruins the pacing.
Granted, the cutaways are at least worth it just for the sheer HYPE! it builds on the human champions. I get some chills when Adam’s fight slows down and we see the audience’s reaction. Likewise I never heard of Sasaki Kojiro but still found myself actually rooting for the guy.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide