General Anime Thread

Lord WyrmSpawN
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
@Dex Stewart
I mean, I’m no huge digimon fan, but a reboot seems like something you do when waneing in popularity and I never got the impression it stopped or even stalled.
It’s alot like one piece except they’ve always got another series to belt out rather than the same one that goes forever.
Holofan4life
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

I II II L
Here’s an idea I have for a first couple chapters of a light novel.
A nice protagonist comes across this big, intimidating female tomboy gyaru. She runs the school with an iron fist. After he bumps into her, she feels she has to protect her reputation, so she tells the MC to meet her in the school playground so she can hit him. Intimidated, the MC accepts.
However, when they get to the school playground, things start to unravel for the tomboy gyaru. Every time time she goes to hit him, things don’t go as planned. First, her mother calls her (She first tells her she’s busy but then ends the conversation quietly saying “I love you too.”) Then, she starts coughing uncontrollably and sneezes 8 times in succession. It’s revealed it’s because she uses the same tissue for multiple days without changing, which she insists is because tissues are a luxury at her house. Finally, as she goes to punch MC, she trips and falls flat on her face on the concrete. Her shoelaces weren’t tied. MC asks if she’s okay, to which the tomboy says “Yeah. I just broke my fall with my face. No biggie.”
Later on, MC takes the school bully to the nurse’s office. There, he asks her how come she considers tissue a luxury. She explains that even though her family makes 93% more than most people, her mother spends it all on bills, alcohol, and cigarettes, with little money left over for other stuff. MC then asks if she thought about applying for a job, to which she says she has, but that they’ve told her her face isn’t customer friendly.
From there, MC proposes a plan: in exchange for bumping into her and making her look foolish, he will help her become healthier and pick up better habits. That way, they will be even steven.
And that sets up the rest of the series.
I really do think this idea of mine has legs
Silent_Witness
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Chippin’ In
For some reason, I’ve been really indecisive when it comes to anime recently, bouncing around watching the first one or two episodes without really settling down to finish any of them. I finally decided to break the habit by picking a series I’ve been wanting to watch but hadn’t gotten around to yet.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Am reading the crap out of Kimetsu no Yaiba right now.
Boy oh boy this manga caught a major case of the Naruto Tragic Backstory.
Like, holy shit this manga is absolutely not even trying to play them any differently at all. Straight up “Lemme go back a couple-a years and reminisce and get a power up once I finish my flashback” or if you’re a villain, “lemme tell you how I was once a nice kind young person and the world screwed me over” to win the audience’s sympathy.
I like it. Tragic flashbacks work. It’s just…I find them funny.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

Comparing binging Kimetsu no Yaiba and binging Jujutsu Kaisen I definitely feel like Kimetsu is a better structured experience.
Mostly for me due to the fact that Kimetsu never bothered to explain how any of their techniques work, so you’re only caught up in the “emotions” of the fights rather than the logic of them.
That goes with the dialogues as well. Kimetsu does not spend time with exposition dump, nor in setting up a scene with complicated moving parts. I appreciate the very simple approach Kimetsu takes with the story.
Silent_Witness
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Chippin’ In
And that’s season one of KonoSuba. After so much bouncing around, feels nice to actually finish something.
Sidenote: I know I’ve mentioned this before, but since it is based on a light novel, I hope I can get a little more closure out of this series than I have with previous examples.
QuasarNova
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Equestria Girls RPG
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

see the issue here is the harem needs to be made of archetypes, you need the loli, the onee-san, the tsundere, etc
A harem filled with MILF’s would not work on a general harem audience because its only one type of girl, maybe different personalities, but still the same archetype
Also you could argue you cant have a milf tsundere because the latter is meant to emphasize the immaturity of the character so they can grow, the tsun side is as much the appeal as it is a flaw that has to be overcomed; a milf by opposition is someone who has grown those flaws in their character, and therefore are more in control.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide