General Anime Thread

Penguin Dragneel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
Repost due to a new page burying the original.
Seems like Sony/Crunchyroll/Funimation is trying to get rid of remote recording for their dubs and move everything back to being done in-studio.
This will definitely NOT end well.
Hali the Emoji girl
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Goth Cinnamon Roll
Man Riko suffers through a lot of shit first almost dying from the curse and bleeding from every orifice in her body and later having to suffer from having the mushrooms removed from her arm and peeing herself from how painful it was and she’s still cheerful after going through all that she’s tough as hell; I’m definitely expecting her to suffer even more in the series also R.I.P Mitty.
Random-Rambling
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
Hayao Miyazaki apparently believes the “orcs represent black people” thing about Lord of the Rings.
You know how some people are absolute raging assholes, and the only reason anybody ever puts up with their bullshit is because they’re REALLY DAMN GOOD at what they do?
That’s Hayao Miyazaki.
He took a big, steamy dump on the dreams of his own son, Goro. Goro wanted to be a filmmaker, just like Dear Old Dad. Unfortunately, his first major film, Tales From Earthsea, caused Hayao such disappointment that he walked out of the theatre halfway through, and then told the nearby reporters just how incredibly disappointed he was in his son.
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@Random-Rambling
Wow. Well. That’s makes everything I just read in an article about him make alot more sense.
He came off as a bit of a pretentious ass, I thought they might’ve been taking him out of context, but jeez that’s shitty.
Penguin Dragneel
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
@Hali the Emoji girl
I’m worried for three reasons. And no, it has nothing to do with these alleged “pOlItIcAl DuBs.”
  1. Since Covid is still a thing, it could very well put immuno-compromised folks in danger.
  2. One of the best things of doing dubs via remote recording was that it could allow VAs from around the world to participate without much issue (the dub for Moriarty the Patriot had actors from Texas, LA, and even the UK). If Funiroll no longer allows their actors to record remotely, then that pretty much limits their actor pool back to folks who work in Texas (and the occasional actor who works in both LA and Texas).
  3. Considering how soon this occurred after people started pushing for all anime dubs to be unionized, this very well feels like Sony punishing it’s workers by removing something well-liked amongst them.
Penguin Dragneel
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
@Hali the Emoji girl
I’m talking about how people seem to think all Funimation dubs are changed to be politically charged, when in reality it was always just a few throwaway lines in three specific shows from 2015-2017 that these people can’t seem to get over (Prison School, Mrs. Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid, and Hajimete no Gal).
Random-Rambling
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
@Hali the Emoji girl
I’m talking about how people seem to think all Funimation dubs are changed to be politically charged, when in reality it was always just a few throwaway lines in three specific shows from 2015-2017 that these people can’t seem to get over (Prison School, Mrs. Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid, and Hajimete no Gal).
I agree it was just a few lines, but those few lines stuck out like sore thumbs because people watch anime to get away from politics.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide