General Anime Thread

Background Pony #79BE
Do people really still think anime isn’t mainstream? I saw several anime shirts at Wal-Mart a few weeks ago, and I saw an entire store dedicated to anime at my local mall.
I’d say the majority of people know what anime is.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
As a German: Ah shit, here we go again… ;-)
But is that really Eren? Looks more like Reiner Braun to me. Well, I didn’t watch Attack on Titan after a certain point anyway. (shrugs)
Penguin Dragneel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
I’m now up to Bleach episode 27.
I’ve been enjoying what I’ve seen so far. The characters are interesting, the artstyle is pretty good (though the animation itself is rather wonky at points), it has an interesting power system, and I love how it just oozes style all throughout.
I do have some gripes though. The pacing was a little too fast for the Substitute arc (which is ironic considering how people like to claim the series has the exact opposite problem), and the wonky animation kinds lessens the impact of some of the fight scenes.
I’m also watching it via the English dub, and… Yeah, you can definitely tell it was a mid 2000s dub. It’s not bad, not in the slightest, and there have been some great performances throughout (Rukia’s plea in Episode 17 comes to mind), but you can definitely tell they were trying to get the hang of it. But hey, it was the mid 2000s, so I don’t see any reason to harp on it, especially since I hear it gets better over time.
It’s a good start overall, and I can’t wait to see how Soul Society ends.
Holofan4life
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

I II II L
Anyone else surprised by the amount of rap numbers there are this season? We have Ya Boy Kongming, then the rap number in Aharen-san, then the rap number in the latest episode of Kaguya-sama.
Holofan4life
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

I II II L
I wrote a Toradora Mother’s Day fic. Let me know what you think.
It was Mother’s Day, and Ryuuji didn’t know how it came to this.
Ryuuji had a very unique relationship with his mother. At times, he was frustrated with her because he felt she acted too much like a child and not enough like a responsible adult. Yet at other times, he was taken aback by how mature and grown up his mother was, far more than he is even on his best day. Call it ignorance or what have you, but he sometimes assumed that he was the responsible one in the household, the one that is the glue keeping everything together. Yet in reality, not only is his mother the one paying the bills, but she single-handedly is the one keeping him on track to getting an education.
But today, on the day he is supposed to honor is mother, it somehow wasn’t about that. For he got into another argument with his girlfriend, the palmtop tiger. And this time, he is the one at fault.
When it comes to Mother’s Day, Ryuuji doesn’t spend much time coming up with gift ideas. A simple card and flowers will do the trick. After all, he has shown his love for her many a time verbally as well as physically. Their relationship was such that they knew they couldn’t be where they were without each other, so no simple gift could ever articulate that. So, imagine the horror on Ryuuji’s face when he saw a bunch of gifts on the table.
Individually, there were about 5 or 6 gifts each uniquely wrapped albeit messily, like something had gone wrong in a factory but they still managed to go through the assembly line. Yet to Ryuuji, it wasn’t about how poorly the gifts were wrapped, for the 5 or 6 gifts might as well had been 1000 gifts, way more than he had ever given to his mother for Mother’s Day. Ryuuji knew instinctively that it was his girlfriend who had bought all those gifts, and instead of thanking her for the nice gesture and for pouring her heart to his mother, he snapped at Taiga, yelling that she bought way too many gifts. Maybe it was because it made his gift seem paltry in comparison, or maybe because he felt that this was his day with his mother and Taiga made it seem like she was the better child, but Ryuuji ended up yelling at his girlfriend. And he felt pretty horrible about it.
“Hey.”
“Hey. How was work?”
“It was okay, I guess. A bit slow, though nothing seemed to go wrong.”
Ryuuji had started working at a post office right across the street from his house. Though at this time, he wishes he could send himself packing for the way he treated his girlfriend.
“So, listen, Taiga, I just want to say that–”
“I’m sorry.”
“…Sorry? Taiga, what are you apologizing for?”
“I should’ve known that this was your special day between you and your mother. I wanted to show her my gratitude for being an awesome parent, and like always, I overstepped that boundary. I’ll do better next time. It’s just that… well… your mother is the first adult that I feel really gets me and understands who I am. And seeing as how this is the first holiday I’ve spent with her since coming back, I wanted to show her my appreciation. I shouldn’t have done what I did.”
“Oh, Taiga. You did nothing wrong. Honest. I should have never yelled at you for giving my mother gifts. She’s as much your mom as she is my mom.”
“Well, mother-in-law, that is. It be kinda problematic if she was my actual mother given me and you’s relationship.”
“Even so, I had no reason to snap at you for just showing the kindness in your heart. That was an uncalled thing for me to do. I guess I reacted the way I did because I felt you were outshining me as a child. Here I am, just with a card and some flowers I bought for less than 5000 yen, and you bought her a ton of gifts for her. I guess I felt that I was the weak link of the family.”
Taiga laughs
“What’s so funny? Did I do something wrong?”
“No, it’s just that you? The weak link? I’ve seen the way you help out your mother, Ryuuji. This house would be hideous looking if it wasn’t for you. Also, since when is Mother’s Day a competition? I didn’t know you had to battle for your mother’s affection.”
“Yeah. I know. I was being silly.”
“What I appreciate about you, Ryuuji, is the fact that you do whatever you can to help out with your mother, be it cooking or cleaning or whatever. Try as I might, I could never be what your mother sees you as: a loving son who will always do his best to make things even better. Now, come on. We need to prepare for when Yasuko gets home so we can surprise her.”
“By the way, did you wrap all those gifts by yourself? They look terrible.”
“Not as terrible as your self-consciousness, you mangy mutt.”
“Oh, Taiga. I really miss this.”
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide