General Anime Thread

Silent_Witness
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Chippin’ In
It seems Cyberpunk Edgerunners has quickly rocketed to the top of the most popular anime of this quarter. I wonder if it’ll hang onto its top spot, or if Lycoris Recoil will reclaim it once releases its last episode.
Penguin Dragneel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
@NitroFury
What really pisses me off though was that Kyle wasn’t even asking for the project itself to be union. He would’ve been more than willing to partake in a non-union dub on the condition that Crunchyroll at least talked to SAG-AFTRA about a possible contract.
The fact that they wouldn’t even do THAT MUCH is just disgusting.
Background Pony #24E3
wait so Curncyrool really DID sell out?
Tthats why the site gone down the tubes?
….
two questions spring to mind
why would they make such a deal?
.. and why did they not get torch and pitchforked for it?
Cyborg_pony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

@Background Pony #24E3
Did you forget about High Guardian Spice? Honestly, I wouldn’t be surprised if you did.
Also, Unions today suck ass. They don’t do anything other then a handful of the elites, while people put money towards a “rep” that just says their hands are tied while on a vacation paid for by the company, in the tropics.
I remember that VA strike that happened that was supposed to “help” and really it went nowhere until the face of it wasn’t allowed to play her OC in Life is Strange game, then all of a sudden everything was resolved. Keep in mind, because of “unions” Carey Means didn’t get any royalties for his voice work and when a tree fell on his house, he couldn’t afford to pat the damages.
Cyborg_pony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

@NitroFury
When your father is forced to work having a heart attack because the union’s “hands were tied” as well as other horror stories, maybe there’s some reason why there’s distrust in a “Union”. A union isn’t a “greater good” in any world. Reps are paid off by companies all the time. The same ones I’m sure you love you tweeting the right tweets. If you actually cared and bothered listening to people instead of tuning them out in and living in a convenient, comfy bubble you’d realize your god is corrupt and would easily screw you over for a free trip to Palm Beach.
But really, Unions are great because you can be bad at your job and keep it, because you don’t get any rewards for being good at it anyways. Which explains why a lot tend to like them.
Hilariously, we now see those that praised CR for years now even with all the underhanded garbage people had been pointing out and NOW they say they’re bad. Why should I side with hypocrites?
Do you know why you see the same like, eight VAs in main roles? Because of the screen actors guild gives them roles to the elites and everyone else gets the scraps - and can you tell me what the SAG is?
Penguin Dragneel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
@Cyborg_pony
Have you ever even LISTENED to an English Dub from within the past decade? Or are you just talking out your ass again?
Unions may not be perfect, but they offer VAs benefits and compensation that allow them to actually THRIVE in this career. They offer healthcare, a minimum hour requirement so they actually get to work for more than an hour per project, limitations so that they don’t mutilate their damn throat from screaming in a Shonen anime, and ensures ACTUAL COMPENSATION for the workers involved.
You wanna know how badly it’s gotten for non-union VAs in the industry? The dub actors involved with Jujutsu Kaisen 0 (aka a movie based on one of the most popular anime series out there right now) only got paid $150-600 for their work. Not on an hourly basis, but OVERALL.
But I guess you’re fine with all of this if it means “OwNiNg ThOsE dAmN lIbErAl AcToRs,” right? Miss me with that bullshit.
Angrybrony
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

🔥Sunset is best girl🔥
so todays big stupid twitter controversy is basement neck breads getting mad that people don’t call rebcca from edgerunners a “loli” because they’re a bunch smooth brains that don’t know what a short stack or petite is.
this “people” can all shut up because they are stupid with no worthwhile thoughts in there heads.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide