General Anime Thread

Silent_Witness
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Chippin’ In
Man, just when I was about to watch an anime that was actually released this year, I find it’s still in progress. Same with my backup choice. Guess that’s on me for not paying attention to any schedule.
Posted Report
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
So, Giorgia Meloni likes to post herself as an anime character. Right, because Italy and Japan had such good memories together…. ARGH!!! I hate this.
Posted Report
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Finally read the Witch of Mercury short novel on Suletta’s backstory.
I kid you not.
She had no kids her age to play and interact with. The only friend AND family she’s got is her mother AND THE GUNDAM (The Gundam is sentient, advanced AI and stuff)
She would spend her free time, at the age of 9, playing video games and WATCHING ANIME. That totally explains why she has this ridiculously specific list of anime high school tropes that she would want to experience.
She’s nuts…and I’m for it all the way.
Posted Report
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

“Loran look, he’s still there we should help him out”
“Miss…it’s possible that those arms are what’s left of him. He’s already…”
“What? NO! NO That isn’t true!”
Reminds me of that one scene in the american adaptation of Im Westen Nichts Neues. The one scene where a french soldier grabbed hold of a wire fence with both arms, got blasted by explosive and when the dust settles, you see the arms holding the fence and…they’re not attached to a body.
Posted Report
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

I II II L
I decided to check out Blue Lock since I’m a mod for the subreddit. And while I don’t hate it per se, my suspension of disbelief is stretched pretty thin. I mean, the show is about finding the best soccer player in a battle royale type setting. And those who get eliminated get essentially blacklisted from the sport. You mean to tell me you’d be blacklisted even if you’re one of the best? Episode 1 has one of best players be eliminated first, and you’re saying he’s no longer allowed to play? That is bullshit, and I find that hard to believe. Unless this is gonna play out later on down the line where the eliminated character fights to overturn the ruling, no way would he be blacklisted from the sport when he’s better than most people at it.
I compare Blue Lock to Maid Wars, and I wonder why this doesn’t sit right with me. Both shows are over the top, and I’ve been loving Maid Wars. It’s my favorite anime this season besides Spy X Family. And I think it’s because Maid Wars’ over the top nature is played for comedy, whereas Blue Lock is played straight. Blue Lock has comedic scenes in it, but so far it’s been mostly dramatic. I feel this hurts it as far as suspension of disbelief is concerned. Yeah, the characters call out how bullshit this whole system is, but it’s not done for laughs. It’s done totally seriously. Maybe my opinion will change once we get to the actual soccer portion, but it’s kind of ridiculous the rules set in place. I mean, can’t the parents just pull them out of the competition? I believe they’re still in high school most of them.
That being said, the animation is incredible, the music is wonderful, and the action scenes so far are well done. It might honestly be the best animated show of the season. I don’t find myself possibly dropping it anytime soon because while I have problems with it, I think it has more strengths than weaknesses. The suspension of disbelief is just something I try not to think about because of all the logic holes and the fact it’s meant to be taken at face value.
Silent_Witness
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Chippin’ In
@Angrybrony
No idea. It’s why I was a bit miffed yesterday about those series I was wanting to watch: the dubs for them are still in progress. One’s much further on than the other, but the whole thing won’t be released for another two weeks, while the other is nowhere near done- it hasn’t even hit the halfway mark yet.
Posted Report
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

I II II L
Some thoughts on the latest episode of Maid Wars.
I think it’s really cool they got an actual Russian VA to voice the Russian woman.
I like that they did an episode about MMA given MMA in Japan has a long history of being fixed. So I thought that was cool.
Lots of Hajime no Ippo references in this episode, which is kinda weird because boxing isn’t MMA. But I didn’t mind it.
Funniest part of the episode is when the manager is begging for her life while naked and then the person says “Why are you naked? I didn’t ask you to strip.” Speaking of manager, her character reminds me of the producer Kotaro from Zombieland Saga. Both are scumbag assholes right off the onset and just like Kotaro, they’ll probably eventually explain why the manager is the way she is. Personally, I think the producer is funnier because his VA was doing his Okabe voice, and the image of the main protagonist of Steins Gate producing a zombie idol group is outstanding.
Overall, pretty good. This episode and last episode have been somewhat of a step down compared to episode 1, as I was hoping the show would have more action scenes involving the maids. Instead, it’s them trying to pay off their debts doing various odd jobs, which we already saw in Zombieland Saga. And in my opinion, Zombieland Saga did it better.
As an aside, I was shocked to find out that the person who voices Ranko also does the voice of Mikoto Misaka, one of the best tsunderes of all time. Talk about range.
Silent_Witness
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Chippin’ In
I don’t typically double dip when it comes to anime- normally, I try to restrict myself to watching one series at a time. But one of the series I just finished had shorter episodes than normal, so I figured I could get away with it just this once.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide