General Anime Thread

Penguin Dragneel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
@Cyborg_pony
See, this is why internet discourse has gotten as bad as it has. Because entitled little shits like you throw a fucking tantrum whenever a single line in a localization is slightly different compared to the original.
The fact that you’re actively wanting people to lose their jobs to A.I. because “WaH, tHeY uSeD tHe TeRm ‘NoN-bInArY’ iN mAh GaMe” is just pathetic.
Posted Report
Cyborg_pony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

@Dex Stewart
Localizers are waiters at a restaurant. If you order something and the waiter alters it to meet their own tastes, like taking a massive dump on it. You’d rightfully be mad about it. It should be no different since I don’t think anyone would eat a meal, especially when the waiter in question goes on about their hating what you ordered.
Also. imagine that same waiter having a smug attitude about doing a better job, only to say: “I don’t cook.”

I’m supposed to care about your job, when you don’t? Uh-huh. make next time, fuck right off.
Penguin Dragneel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
@Cyborg_pony
Again, you do realize that Japanese is a complicated language to translate, right? Certain Japanese words can have multiple meanings, and it’s up to the translators to decide how to express it to an English audience without sounding awkward.
Posted Report
Penguin Dragneel
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
Just to give an example of why doing a literal translation is a bad idea on any front, here’s a line from Outlaw Star.
Anta ga arukanakya ikenai michisuji no notta chizu nante, dare mo kureyashinai yo.
Here’s the official translation of that line-
No one’s going to give you a map, you have to walk your own path.
And now, here’s how Google translated the line (which, mind you, is probably as literal as it can possibly get)-
No one will give you a map with the route you have to walk.
Huh, I wonder which one sounds like something a person speaking English would actually say.
Posted Report
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
I had a dream last night in which I was watching an episode of KonoSuba, and then was transferred into the episode and was interacting with the characters.
Only I have never seen a single episode of KonoSuba.
And I’m pretty sure what I was dreaming was just the characters doing the dialogue from the Soup Nazi episode of Seinfeld.
Posted Report
Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
For those who don’t know this but in the Azumanga Daioh vol. that shows this comic of Tomo talking about Yomi’s singing, in the version that I own they translated it from the Jaian Song from Doraemon karaoke theme to that of King Louie’s I Wanna Be Like You from the Jungle Book. (According to the translators they chose that song not only because english readers would recognize it but also because it had similar sounding lyrics.)
Posted Report
Holofan4life
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
The Crunchyroll award winners have been announced. Here are the results.
Full list:
• Anime of the Year – Cyberpunk: Edgerunners
• Best Anime Director – Haruo Sotozaki, Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Entertainment District Arc
• Best Anime Film – Jujutsu Kaisen 0
• Best Anime Song – “The Rumbling” by SiM, Attack on Titan Final Season Part 2
• Best Anime Score – Kohta Yamamoto and Hiroyuki Sawano, Attack on Titan Final Season Part 2
• Best Comedy Anime – SPY x FAMILY
• Best Fantasy Anime – Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Entertainment District Arc
• Best Romance Anime – Kaguya-sama: Love is War -Ultra Romantic-
• Best Continuing Anime Series – One Piece
• Best Animation – Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Entertainment District Arc
• Best Original Anime – Lycoris Recoil
• Best Anime Character Design – Akira Matsushima, Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Entertainment District Arc
• Best New Anime Series – SPY x FAMILY
• Best Main Anime Character – Eren Jaeger, Attack on Titan Final Season Part 2
• Best Supporting Anime Character – Anya Forger, SPY x FAMILY
• Best Action Anime – Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Entertainment District Arc
• Best Drama Anime – Attack on Titan Final Season Part 2
• Best Voice Acting Performance (Japanese) – Yuki Kaji, Eren Jaeger in Attack on Titan Final Season Part 2
• Best Voice Acting Performance (English) – Zach Aguilar, David Martinez in Cyberpunk: Edgerunners
• Best Anime Ending Sequence – “Comedy” by Gen Hoshino, Storyboard and Direction from Atsushi Nishigori, SPY x FAMILY
• Best Anime Opening Sequence – “The Rumbling” by SiM, Storyboard and Direction from Takashi Kojima, Attack on Titan Final Season Part 2
• Best “Must Protect at All Costs” Anime Character – Anya Forger, SPY x FAMILY
Posted Report
Holofan4life
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
100 Girlfriends is getting an anime adaptation. I can’t wait to hear anime fans’ reaction to Karane, she’s a tremendous tsundere.
Posted Report
QuasarNova
Thread Starter - Equestria Girls RPG
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

She would push him away because of her emotinal inability to accept someone genuinely cares for her and is not just having pity on het causing an ever more destructive downwards spiral of isolation and self hatred projected as anger towards everyone around her
And fucking Phineas refuses to get back on the robot after Pherb turned out to be an angel
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide