Gun Discussion

FliegerFaustToP47
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Laß mich sterben
I just kinda realized…
I mean, things rarely piss me off… But I find it kinda exasperating the ‘Missing Backblast’ and ‘Bottomless Magazines’.
I mean… Standing right behind of a rocket launcher or recoilless rifle the moment it fires? Inside a building? Or God forbid, inside a vehicle? It kinda reminds me of a game where you could cramp 5 rocket soldiers on a small Humvee and have them fire at tanks while inside the vehicle >.>
As for bottomless magazines… It kinda gets a bit silly when they hero somehow mows down and entire squadron of enemies with a assault rifle like if it were a general purpose machinegun; just going ratatatatatatata and firing an ungodly amount of bullets, before reloading… If they ever reload to begin with.
Background Pony #5252
@FliegerFaustToP47
TBF there are rocket launchers that can fire from inside of buildings. From what I remember, they use a countermass, like saltwater, that goes backwards in addition to the propellant gasses. Though you still can’t stand behind them when they fire.
CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP KOSA!
What are the heaviest/toughest Non-Sniping Rifle, Single Barrel Shotgun, and Semi-Pistol rounds?
The kind of rounds that make Bears and even Armored Vehicles stop in their tracks?
FliegerFaustToP47
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Laß mich sterben
Well… For shotguns… Idk… I guess the Punt gun are probably the largest shotguns out there… Though they’re more like handheld cannons than anything
Though I also humbly submit the Russian/Soviet KS-23 shotgun for consideration; 23mm in caliber (6.27 gauge in America). Made from rejected anti aircraft gun barrels.
Those Russians are wacky and inventive.
Non-sniping rifle?… If that includes anti-tank rifles, but excludes modern anti-materiel rifles, I guess the Solothurm S18-1000 could be considered.
And, for pistols, if revolver counts. The Pfeifer Zeliska .600 Nitro Express would be probably what you’re thinking
Or, if you want to get silly, the Giant 1859 28mm Remington Revolver, though I’m not sure if there’s even ammo for that thing.
And, just as a curiosity, there’s a .50 Cal handgun. No, not .50 Cal Action Express like the Desert Eagle, but .50 Cal Browning Machine Gun (BMG) like the M2HB used on Humvees; the Maadi-Griffin .50 Cal pistol (Although considering it pistol would be wrong I think, not sure)
Background Pony #5252
@CaptainXtra
IDK about US, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it differed per city, county or whatever territorial divisions have their own police/sheriff.
I would expect them to have some non-lethal capability (other than hitting people with batons). For example pepper spray, OC, and/or tasers. I would be surprised if they had rubber or bean bag rounds. Those would likely be issued only to cops dealing with crowd control or some other violent, but not deadly situations.
Beth
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
i dunno. it’s rate of fire is double that of a full sized uzi.
I want a little more barrel to reduce kickback. If you don’t have both hands on that thing it can easily spin around and put a bullet anywhere.
FliegerFaustToP47

Laß mich sterben
Yeeh, as the BP said, that looks like a micro Uzi (Not to be confused with a mini Uzi), it doesn’t seem like a Mac-10 or Mac-11 for me, and those are the only other machine pistols I know that have that kinda cute shape.

Micro Uzi
Those little devils have 1,200-1,500 rounds per minute of rate of fire. That’s… About the same rate of fire, if not a little faster, than an German MG-42/MG-3 machinegun… It’s nuts… And it’s pretty much double than a regular Uzi. That’s the only thing wild for me, but it’s definitely not cursed for me, in my definition this is cursed;
CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP KOSA!
How much larger/heavier/bulkier are Sniper type Rifle Rounds than Semi/Auto type Rifle Rounds?
I mean one is meant for a solo bullet traveling really long ass distances with nothing but perfection precision:
And the other is meant to be spent in large quantities covering mid to semi-far ranges with somewhat decent accuracy at least:
Background Pony #5252
@CaptainXtra
“Sniper type Rifle Rounds” are just more precise rifle rounds. You could fire them from a semi-auto or full auto rifle just fine. And the other way around.
Here’s a size comparison of various rifle rounds:
large
Left to right:
.22 WMR
.223 Remington (Western intermediate cartridge used in AR-15, almost the same as 5.56×45mm NATO used in M16/M4)
.300 AAC Blackout
7.62×39 (Russian intermediate cartridge used in AK)
.308 Winchester (Western full power rifle cartridge, used in AR-10, almost the same as 7.62×51mm NATO used in M14, FAL, M240, G3)
.303 British
7.62×54R (Russian full power rifle cartridge, used in Mosin-Nagant)
.338 Lapua Magnum (that’s probably closest to your idea of “Sniper type Rifle Rounds”, used in AI AWM, Sako TRG-42)
.375 Cheytac
.50 BMG (the well known heavy machine gun/anti-materiel rifle cartridge used in M2)
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
The old trope/cliche of guns being able to shoot off locks with ease is one that always gets me…
Direct focused blasts from a Shotgun or Rifle is what’s actually needed to remove or at least damage these small troopers:
A Handgun can’t make these lads dent even slightly unless it’s carrying some tough ass rounds:
Beth
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
@CaptainXtra
Are you sure a shotgun won’t scatter too much to damage a lock?
I’d be worried about the bullet or shard of the lock bouncing off and cutting me in the jugular vein.
There is also the trope of guns shooting off handcuffs. I’d rather leave handcuffs on than be bleeding everywhere while my hands are probably still bound together.
NitroFury
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Horseplay
Artist -

Nitro Cat Bad!
Here’s this trope that may or may not annoy you
Ever watch a scene where the protagonist has to fight through a building full of armed goons to get to the crime boss, then they a fight and kill through them with like a sharp object, but never takes the gun off the armed goon they killed?
Beth

In digital purgatory
@NitroFury
Well if you pick up someone elses gun, you better figure out how it works really fast.
I’ve seen real life disarming situations where the defender yeets the gun, they either don’t know how to fire it, or simply don’t want to be an armed target (like in case another armed guy comes through the door).
Background Pony #5252
@CaptainXtra
Damaging a lock is not the same as opening it. Just bring a bolt cutter. Or at least frangible ammo for safety.
  • You are not trained and familiar with some random dude’s gun.
  • Especially if the goon is some untrained criminal or terrorist, their weapon might not be in the best condition.
  • You don’t know how it’s zeroed. Perhaps it’s not zeroed at all.
  • If it’s a military gun, especially an older one, it might simply not be as good as your high end civilian gun.
  • Or even worse, it might be a low end civilian gun built by a dude who sat next to a gunsmith once. It might have only aliexpress folding iron sights and the gummiest, grittiest trigger with two inches of overtravel. It might jam every second shot and force you to rip the empty mags out when reloading.
As long as you have your own gun, it’s not a good idea to use someone else’s gun.
EDIT: Oh, you mean the protagonist does not have a gun of their own? Well, an in-universe explanation would be that they don’t know how to use one. And the actual explanation is that melee looks cooler and the scenario writer probably was anti-gun.
FliegerFaustToP47

Laß mich sterben
Actually, I believe that, for police enforcement agencies and military forces atleast, there’s frangible rounds available for shotguns.
(EDIT: I think a regular person can buy frangible ammunition like that, but like, I would imagine SWAT teams and militaries have a good quantity of them by default to not risk their own operators or the lives of civilians, especially the former.)
These shells, unlike buckshot shells, are made specifically to destroy whatever they hit and then afterwards disperse into harmless powder, instead of penetrating and hitting something behind the target or ricochet and create collateral damage.
Also, as a funny note, I admire the sense of humour they have for nicknaming the act of shotgun breaching as ‘Avon calling’
Ahh, you’re 2 fast 4 me BP >.<’
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
Shotguns are technically a Burst Type Weapon.
(Except when they fire Single Heavy Slugs that is.)
Unlike Burst Pistols, SMG’s, and AR’s which fire several Bullets one after another in rapid succession, a Shotgun Shell releases all Metal Balls stored in the Shell at once but it’s still a Burst.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide