Gun Discussion

Background Pony #5252
@CaptainXtra
Not really. Burst fire is few shots with one trigger pull. Shotguns shoot a single shot with multiple projectiles, not multiple shots.
Theoretically, a burst fire shotgun could exist, but I don’t know of any.
@Ebalosus
When posting an image, it’s good to provide some context. Is it Myanmar? Somewhere else? Or is this just a random photo of FGC-9 in the wild?
FliegerFaustToP47
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Laß mich sterben
Does anyone have a picture (Either old WW2 ones or modern ones) of a Gewehr 41 Mauser with an scope? I’ve seen the Walther design with a scope of sorts like this one:
But it would be nice to know if the Mauser’s design had such luxury to install a scope… Or heck, if that same ZF41 mount could be used on the G41(M)
Theoretically, a burst fire shotgun could exist, but I don’t know of any.
Well, there’s the Smith & Wesson Assault Shotgun
From what I’ve read, the last two models (AS-2 and AS-3) could do burst fire
CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP KOSA!
Scopes on Pistols can be useful in certain situations but I can’t see the same for this:
I mean, Revolvers are usually loaded with tough rounds but they’re not exactly for Sniping…
FliegerFaustToP47
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Laß mich sterben
That’s some pretty cool concept, I mean, aside from the fact that Maxim is old as dirt, I don’t think there’s any better gun that can be placed on a sentry turret like a water-cooled machinegun, those things never overheat or stop xP.
Also, if you have a stockpile of Maxim guns around, put them to good use anyways. I’m just worried about the functionality of a sentry gun, like, how it can recognize someone hostile from a non-combatant?
I think more because they’re revolvers. Like, the lack of a long barrel like a rifle, the caliber, stuff like that. I’m not sure though.
Background Pony #5252
@Beth, @FliegerFaustToP47
I didn’t mean how far the bullets go, but how far you can hit the things you want to hit. Revolvers’ effective range is mainly limited by the fact that they are handguns. It’s hard to hit far targets if you don’t have any stabilization other than your hands. Adding a stock would certainly increase the effective range.
Beth
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
Deletion reason: Rule #6 - incendiary political shitpost. This kind of behavior wasn't ok in Tartarus, it's not ok anywhere here. Go to Twitter or Facebook or someplace like that if you want to do this.
CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP KOSA!
Oh, oh, oh!
A friend (Who I won’t say any name, because it’s a private conversation) once gave me an explanation of that, well, kinda.
…Just, there’s not much point. Full-auto burns ammo so quick that it’s less dangerous than semi-auto unless it’s something like a belt-fed machine gun. Like, an M16 fires 950 rounds per minute, so 16 bullets a second: you’d empty a 30 round magazine in 2 seconds. Heck, the modern-day US Army uses modified M16s that don’t even have full-auto anymore, but have semi-auto and three-round-burst.
I hope it’s helpful ^^
Burst mode has always been a crutch for training, and it only used when they either don’t want to spend the money on ammo, or can’t afford to spend the money on ammo, to train [whomever] in utilising full auto mode. It takes an awful lot of practice to git gud at full auto marksmanship.
SO WHO HERE IS RIGHT?
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
Technically both of us, since both are valid concerns. It takes an awful lot of ammo to train someone to be proficient at full auto, so there is truth to the argument about it being wasteful of ammo.
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
What’s the most powerful handgun THAT ISN’T COMICALLY OVERSIZED?
As in you can carry it in one hand if you’re tough enough to do so and pack enough of a punch to make a bear, gorilla, or unarmored/maybe lightly armored vehicle stop dead in their tracks in a just a few shots.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
Boomer fudd answer: Anything in .44 Magnum or .45 ACP
Normie answer: Anything in 10mm or .357 Sig
Gunchad answer: Thinking “muh stoppen powah” is a substitute for training and acclimatisation LMAO
JStark acolyte: 9mm Dagney Dagger from Atlas Arms in [insert favourite hammer/striker-fired pistol here]
Background Pony #5252
lightly armored vehicle stop dead in their tracks in a just a few shots
So you want an anti-materiel handgun? I’m afraid it will be a bit… large.
The truth is that handguns are much worse at quickly incapacitating than rifles and shotguns. The shots simply have less energy. If you are looking for a usable handgun that you can actually carry all day, just get a 9x19mm semi-auto pistol. If you expect that you might need to one-shot a bear or a car engine, get a rifle. Or just stay home where it’s safe.
And if you just want to see a big but not huge handgun, here’s the largest commercially produced revolver, the Smith & Wesson Model 500. This particular one is a Performance Center variant.
large
Video of someone shooting it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkogJJ0Xkxs
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
Weaponizing Fire resulted in the Flamethrower so what do we get for Water?
This Aquatic Railgun:
SPYRA be filled with mad lads.
FliegerFaustToP47

Laß mich sterben
@CaptainXtra
I don’t want to be that mean guy who loves to correct everyone, that’s a bit of a dick move, but, erm, a railgun works by the use of parallel rails and a sliding armature/conductive projectile that’s accelerated by the electromagnetism between the rails.
Though that watergun is insane, I wouldn’t want to play with a guy who has one of those, omg, it would be quite painful getting shot in the face with that.
Having said that, now that we’re talking about railguns… For Ebalosus; 3D Printed handheld railgun:
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
What are the best Shotguns and Rifles for hunting tough fellas like Wolves and Bears?
Obviously since Handguns ain’t gonna cut it.
This may sound like a dumb question but are there any type of Hunting Grenade Launchers?
RustleRustle
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Artist -

Battybattybattybatty-
@CaptainXtra
Twelve gauge slugs or standard buckshot are pretty much all you need for dealing with wolves. Bears, though, could be put down with something like a .30-06 rifle, such as the 1903 Springfield, but there are more reliable - and more expensive - means.
Anything in .458 Winchester could do, though you’ll probably give yourself some major bruising if you’re not prepared. And, of course, there’s the lung-collapsing hilarity of .500 S&W. Just make sure to get that in a lever action rifle platform or something, like so.
Oh, and no, there are no hunting grenade launchers. For one, you’d be picking bits of game out of the trees, and two, the cops would be wondering why in the lemon fresh fuck someone’s lighting off explosives in the woods.
Source: My dad’s an experienced game hunter. Mostly deer, but he did go to Zimbabwe once and bagged a water buffalo.
FliegerFaustToP47

Laß mich sterben
Not really an expert in shotguns myself by any chance, but I believe that, while there aren’t shotgun-miniguns, I do think there are ‘shotgun-like’ autocannons, that actually just fire specialized ammunition.
For instance, the German 35mm Nächstbereichschutzsystem MANTIS Air Defence System uses shells named AHEAD (“Advanced Hit Efficiency And Destruction”) that are basically very big shotgun shells: They have around 152 tungsten projectiles inside that, upon reaching an aircraft, explode, sending fragments in a conical area in front of the shell, damaging the aircraft
MANTIS ADS
medium
‘AHEAD’ shell
medium
There are also other ammunition like that, such as the 20mm DM 111
medium
And a MBT (M1A2 Abrams) has available shrapnel shells too
medium
(All images are medium sized by Derpibooru to not annoy users >.<’. You can open them on a new tab)
These are often called ‘Shrapnel shell’, though IIRC there are also ‘Canister shells’ which might fit what you’re looking for, in any case, while there are autocannons, big cannons, and artillery that can fire shrapnel shells, I kinda doubt of the utility of a minigun with shotgun-like shells… (Miniguns are 7.62mm caliber, and they’re called miniguns because they’re basically the smol version of the 20mm Vulcan. The stuff that look like miniguns but aren’t actually miniguns in caliber are named rotary cannons), autocannons/chain guns and rotary cannons though… It’s feasible, and they might be useful for anti-aircraft and anti-missile defence.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide