Gun Discussion

Generals » Gun Discussion Search Posts
TagAnon
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

@Get pills, against my orders  
Supposedly, revolvers have less moving parts that can jam or fail.

Semi-automatics have the advantage of reloading a single magazine with several bullets inside instead of having to load each bullet individually as a revolver would. I have heard of speed-loaders for revolvers though.
UTTFISH'S
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Silver Bit -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Buttweys
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Un*belly*vable!
Revolvers supposedly lose less energy to chambering the next cartridge mechanically per shot,  
but can’t be suppressed effectively unless specifically built to seal the gap between frame and cylinder when firing.  
Also, I can’t hit crap with a pistol as opposed to a SA/DA revolver with cocked hammer ’cuz my trigger control sucks ^^
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
I’m hoping for a refinement in 3D printing technology, as well as advances in weapon design from the likes of Defense Distributed (Makers of the all-plastic fully-functional Liberator pistol), will allow me to forgo having to spend thousands of dollars buying a weapon, and instead make it myself, with the only costs being licensing and ammunition.

And, of course, drinking to tears of all the crybaby liberals and statists who complain about me doing such things
UTTFISH'S
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Silver Bit -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Buttweys

Un*belly*vable!
@Ebalosus  
gah, I can imagine the outcries of our government/media already “People could use it to make knuckle dusters and knives!”  
(I mean, there were all sorts of news articles opposing bitcoins because “people could purchase weapons with them and other stuff we wouldn’t be able to track”)
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!

Given that I live in New Zealand, at most the government will suggest that people don’t do anything illegal with them (enforce difficult things like that? Fuck that noise, we’ve got a budget to balance lol; fiscally sound governance) :P
AaronMk
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Sky funeral
@UTTFISH’S

Apparently one bitcoin is a 113$ dollars. Although you can’t buy anything with them as so few places accept them. Although you can use them indirectly to purchase… Last I checked there’s a gift-card company out there who accepts bit-coins as payment, giving you credit to shop anywhere with bitcoins, in a step-or-two removed sense.
Vlakc

Though I’ve never used a gun myself or own one, I certainly would like to learn to shoot and buy one, One of the things I want to do before dying is go hunting :P

Unfortunately gun laws here in Portugal (and Europe in general) are way tougher than than most of the world, so both things would be kind of a pain in head to get.

As for my taste and knowledge in guns, I’m not really that much into it, maybe own a small reliable pistol and a hunting rifle.

@Ebalosus  
I read an article not long ago about 3d printed pistols, they already tested them and they work fine, although they seem to be made of plastic, even if made with high-performance plastics it makes you wonder if they deteriorate rapidly with use.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide