The great GamerGate discussion. (Stuff and things)

Plain Pony
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Patron
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Not a Plane pony
@The Frowning Pony  
So I went on down to the most accurate website for gamer opinions, GameFAQs, and looked for people making those complaints. While I did find detractors of the game, I didn’t find any specifically complaining about Naughty Dog becoming a movie studio. Maybe I’m looking too far back, but as for proof that people complained about it that early, I don’t have any. I know that I definitely didn’t like it back then, but my word is not proof.

I did find some stuff that’s hilarious in hindsight though, like a lot of people praising the game that don’t mention any gameplay at all.
Cyborg_pony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

Not sure how true this is, but having seen a trend and how western game studios have falling all over this parasite- There’s rumors floating around that Anita helped with Last of Us 2, some of this comes just like with Bioware and other Studios that had a very toxic work environment as well as very bad game releases.
Cyborg_pony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

So ND is on full damage control and have struck several videos talking about the leaks. Not the leaks themselves, just people talking about how they don’t like them.

This is gonna backfire so badly for them.
The Frowning Pony

Administrator
13 blinks per minute
From what I’ve been seeing, the leaks had little to do with not liking the direction of the game and a whole lot to do with the game being in development hell and crunch for half a year+, with the final straw being the company refusing salary increases in favour of bonuses based on title success (rating averages and sales targets).

Naughty Dog seems to have been running on a pretty toxic work culture of bro-development, with no middle managers and just “be your best :^) “ as a guideline. Cycle of junior devs being bullied to do more work than they know how to for less than they deserve to not be the “weak link” leading to crunch to cover their inexperience leading to burnout leading to churn leading to losing a now experienced dev and exchanging them for another junior and repeat the cycle, with only “savants”, bullies, and “old boys club” people left behind.

Pretty ech setup, surprised it took this long to fall apart.
The Frowning Pony

Administrator
13 blinks per minute
And now that I’ve caught up on all the leaked clips, the “Abby” character is clearly not trans, that’s just chan-esque reeeeing that she isn’t a hot bimbo or tomboy.
Penguin Dragneel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
@The Frowning Pony  
The leaks say she’s trans. End of story.

And it’s not the fact that she’s trans thta has us upset. It’s the fact that they try to get us to sympathise with someone who brutally kills Joel and then goes after Ellie.
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

[screams in German]
@Penguin Dragneel  
According to other leaks, she might not actually be trans. But that doesn’t really change the fact that she’s as buff like a bodybuilder in a post-apocalyptic zombie universe where food is scarce and survival of the fittest, not the biggest.
The Frowning Pony

Administrator
13 blinks per minute
@Penguin Dragneel  
@Scrabbleman  
What are your sources? I’ve watched the videos the character as a scrawny young girl crying over her father’s death and spending the next years getting buffed up in a gym. Nothing suggests she’s trans, just highly focused on never being weak and murderizing Ellie.
The Frowning Pony

Administrator
13 blinks per minute
@Cyborg_pony  
There’s a cutscene where young Abby sees her dead father and breaks out crying as the fireflies take her away; then smashcut to her getting buff at an underground gym complex.

Y’all really talking and speculating about leaks you haven’t even seen?
Cyborg_pony

@The Frowning Pony  
Yeah, I haven’t seen no “underground gym” scene from any of them.

Plus, as Scrab says. Sound pretty friggin’ stupid to waste time and resources on a gym for those sick gains, especially one underground when the “lab” they were gonna pick at Ellie’s brain was just an far from sterile and high-tech for the experiments they were doing.

LEt’s break this down.-  
Abby is taken away, Obvious immune by the SAME GROUP that was gonna dice Ellie into bitd, but in stead, allow her to pump iron in an underground gym just because.

• A Gym that would need to have used digging equipment to create, if using an old facility that would mean raiders, but let’s pretend.

• This “Gym” and obviously the entire compound Abby is located would require electricity to keep lights and ventilation systems on so no one suffocates. Don’t think a few generators, gas powered generators are gonna be efficient and not raise suspicion to near by raider.

• So not only the concept of power. but wasting metal on gym equipment that could be smelted down. I doubt they’ve have been able to pick at other gyms that were just left with all of that laying around just for Abby to get the swol to get Jeol.

All of this _during _the post-apocalypses where the basic necessities like food is scares.

That sound absolutely stupid in any way to picture it.

Who’s Abby’s Father and why was she in such a place to begin with when there was no other children around?
The Frowning Pony

Administrator
13 blinks per minute
@Cyborg_pony  
Abby’s dad is one the scientists that were going to brainprobe Ellie that Joel kills at the end of the game, thus leading Abby on a quest to hunt down terrorist Joel for killing the group that was working on saving humanity.

The video with the full scene of Abby crying as a kid got nuked, but here’s a cap of the gym,

full

Found another upload, probably nuked soon as well but,

full
Cyborg_pony

@The Frowning Pony  
So that does show there’s a magic gym in the post-apocalypses that would not and does not make any sense given the conditions of they were going to extract Ellie’s brain.

What also doesn’t make this scene work why wasn’t she taken away from Joel’s rampage and why was she there anyways?

The more shown, the more bullshit this game the story looks and to make matter worse for ND

They are filing false copyright claims on people talking about the game.

Several people have already been hit and are making it known everywhere.

They’ve screwed themselves over hardcore, and for what? To please someone that doesn’t care?
Lord WyrmSpawN
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Lingering Wyvern
Since we’re still on TLOU2, consider a development claimed in a different thread:

@Kiryu-Chan  
Speaking of which, I hate how a lot of the discussion around the TLOU2 leaks of COURSE ended up devolving into “lol, stupid SJW’s, fuck them”, and not, you know, the actual problems with the nature of the leaked content, why it was leaked, and the poor treatment of employees.
It’s even worse since it’s getting out that it’s not even an employee who leaked it which was confirmed by Sony and it’s being buried and ignore by those people, and things like that detailed reddit post turned out to be fake and that they are being paid for the COVID-19 quarantines
Yet a lot of the developments coming out are being ignored because it doesn’t suit their narratives
It’s just the usual suspects wanting to act like a bunch of retards and nothing more
The Frowning Pony

Administrator
13 blinks per minute
@Cyborg_pony  

I’m not a writer at Naught Dog.

For all I know the Fireflies eventually found an abandoned military / government base or one of those rich people apocalypse bunkers.

In any case, point is the whole “REEEE, TRANS CHARACTER, FUCKING SJWS, GO WOKE GO BROKE” stuff seems like a chanesque response to seeing a woman in a game that isn’t moe, bimbo, or tomboy. I can’t even imagine the rage if she’d been not-white as well.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide