The great GamerGate discussion. (Stuff and things)

Cyborg_pony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

@The Frowning Pony  
So basically, a fully operational facility just outta nowhere because magic.

You’re also ignoring the fact this character supposedly overpowers both Joel, Ellie and apparently murders all three of them out of nowhere. Plus it’s not confirmed which way transition went. You know there’s F to M Trans people.

I’m also, sense some projection.

You also are forgetting Druckman praised Anita back in 2014, and she “inspired him” on Uncharted 4, one of the worst, if not for the last one.

He also called testers ‘sexist and MISS-ODGE-OH-NISS-TICK’

Because they though it was stupid for the player to have no control in a fight when playing a video game. Kind of a key part of a game is actuating playing and not “Press buttons to lose and only lose because we tell you so” It’s not a very fun experience for an interactive medium. It’s like the DM just says your Play Character dies, because he said so.

Latter in the game acts like Nadine is helpless and needs HIS help out of people a ruthless mercenary essentially saying she has no agency in what she was doing.

Don’t forget, he harassed Amy Hennig out of Naughty Dog so he could swoop in. The great Champion of the wahman that must be defended!

Also rumors of people needing hold their tongue about any concerns the way the game is going or be shunned and called “Close-minded” Probably the same happened with Uncharted 4, which is why it was delayed heavily.  
Just sit there, nod when Neil tells you to and be a good little work monkey- and Maybe you’ll get paid when we feel like it.

But you know; Female characters, so it’s all gravy.
The Frowning Pony

Administrator
13 blinks per minute
outta nowhere because magic
Or it’s perfectly explained in the full game?

You’re also ignoring the fact this character supposedly overpowers
Or it’s perfectly explained in the full game?

Plus it’s not confirmed which way transition went
What transition? What is your source for any of this “trans” stuff?

I’m also, sense some projection.
I’m sensing you’re talking a lot about things you have no information about because you want to be angry about ~the SJWs~.

You also are forgetting Druckman [etc.]
I ain’t forgetting jack shit, I didn’t know this person existed until 3-4 days ago and I still know nothing about them, or care about them.

Show me the leaks that point to the character being transexual, because it seems a whole lot of people are really stuck on that when as far as I can tell it’s just based on “this female in a game doesn’t fit any of my ideal waifu archetypes, thus trans”. I doubt you’re able to, given I apparently have been able to find more info about the leaks in a couple of bored minutes than you have despite spending the last few days ranting about how terrible they are.

tbh you sound an awful lot like a “game reviewer” or blue-checkmark crew, talking mad shit about a game being sexist or whatever without ever having seen more than a trailer. Except you’ve not even seen all the trailers. smh
The Frowning Pony

Administrator
13 blinks per minute
That sounds an awful lot like Strawman arguments.
Care to explain how so, or are you just using buzzwords hoping they’ll have some impact?

so has the entire story
So tell us the story, then.

it has NOTHING to do with SJWs
That’s… that’s my entire point.

Jesus Christ, dude, you keep doing this.
Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Pone of Astronomy
@Penguin Dragneel  
No offense mate, but constantly censoring your swear words like that is dumb and if you’re trying to have some sort of effect with it it’s not working in the slightest.
Cyborg_pony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

@The Frowning Pony  
You are the one that said;

@The Frowning Pony  
@Cyborg_pony
seems like a chanesque response to seeing a woman in a game that isn’t moe, bimbo, or tomboy. I can’t even imagine the rage if she’d been not-white as well.

Correct?  
Which is a Very blue checkmark response to anyone having any criticism about a female character, Ususally someone like Captain Murder. It’s also quite the ASSumption to make.

Also, If they have a balding, fat, middle-aged man who sits on a couch all day eating cheetos. I highly doubt all the ones using that Person of Straw would be singing high praise and would pre-order the definitive edition with the mustard-stained tanktop. People like attractive characters, What a shocker.

And the big problem is; If it’s not explained, then people spent Sixty or more dollars on a game that not much explained, and only about an 1 and a half of actual gameplay. I know a lot of the rich, gated community types in a 3 story mansion that’s not much, but to the average person, who has lost income during a time of crisis. That is money that could go to anything better.

Not many are going to take that risk right now, and now after ND’s and Sony’s shenanigans won’t take that risk. That’s something you keep skirting around.
The Frowning Pony

Administrator
13 blinks per minute
Which is a Very blue checkmark response to anyone having any criticism about a female character, Ususally someone like Captain Murder. It’s also quite the ASSumption to make.
Except the criticisms aren’t even based on factual information, they’re mostly going off people assuming the character is trans because she doesn’t fit their idea of “female” and they want to be mad at something.

Also, If they have a balding, fat, middle-aged man who sits on a couch all day eating cheetos. I highly doubt all the ones using that Person of Straw would be singing high praise and would pre-order the definitive edition with the mustard-stained tanktop. People like attractive characters, What a shocker.
You just described Max Payne 3. Minus the “sitting on a couch all day”, given it is a game and not a Twitch Eats stream simulator.

And the big problem is; If it’s not explained, then…
Cool. You have no idea if it’s explained or not, though. You’re making a mountain of a few grains of sand and the biased descriptions strangers have passed on to you about what molehills look like. What people have seen is a few 10-20 second clips from various cutscenes, and you haven’t even seen all the ones out there, yet somehow you already know that plot and character elements aren’t explained? Amazing skill.

That’s something you keep skirting around.
Skirting around what exactly? Sony is a shit company full of talentless sociopaths and Naughty Dog seems to have one of the worst development cultures in existence. Nobody should buy their games based on those two things along, but this nonsense about “the SJW devs put a trans character for forced diversity!” or “the plot is terrible based on these combined 15 seconds of video!” is just utter nonsense.
Cyborg_pony

Except the criticisms aren’t even based on factual information, they’re mostly going off people assuming the character is trans because she doesn’t fit their idea of “female” and they want to be mad at something.

Is it though? Or is it more “The people you like die brutally. Subvert expectations! I didn’t really see many complaining about the character being trans because of the lack of resources to be able to transition in a post-apocalypses. Maybe that’s just what to ASSUME is the case.

You just described Max Payne 3. Minus the “sitting on a couch all day”, given it is a game and not a Twitch Eats stream simulator.

He’s still doing something.  
full

and still looks bad ass.  
full  
People just don’t want an Orc and have that be called “Representation.”

Cool. You have no idea if it’s explained or not,

You don’t, either. And lets not pretend like this hasn’t happened before…

“the plot is terrible based on these combined 15 seconds of video!” is just utter nonsense.

That’s what a lot of people said about Ghostbusters and Star Wars the last jedi.

Look where those lead.

Also; it was the entire plot that was leaked. Not 15 minute of an ogre murdering the characters people cared about in this series.

Imagine a new Metroid where Samus was killed and replaced by her killer. Yeah. Don’t tell me you wouldn’t be cranky.
Penguin Dragneel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
Show me the leaks that point to the character being transexual, because it seems a whole lot of people are really stuck on that when as far as I can tell it’s just based on “this female in a game doesn’t fit any of my ideal waifu archetypes, thus trans”.

I’m sensing you’re talking a lot about things you have no information about because you want to be angry about the SJWs.

I love how you deny that you did anything wrong.
Cyborg_pony

Also, had to double check. Joel is killed by the ogre that is Abby, which means everyone probably also dies by Abby. That’s been confirmed.

So….. Yeah….
The Frowning Pony

Administrator
13 blinks per minute
Is it though?
Yeah? The topic was brought here with “she’s trans” and ND being “too progressive”, and it’s certainly been the talk of the net since.

He’s still doing something.
Of course, and so would this Abby character.

and still looks bad ass.
And Abby doesn’t look “badass”? Nevermind Max looks like he just woke up from a 5-day alcohol binge and instantly got a beatdown (which is exactly what they were going for). I’m not so sure women as a whole would find him “sexy” any more than men as a whole would do so for Abby.

People just don’t want an Orc and have that be called “Representation.”
???  
Are you really saying women can’t be represented as being physically strong in games? They have to be tomboys or lithe catsuit wearing ninjas or something?

Are you saying women like Zoe Smith can’t bee seen in games because “that’s Representation”? Representation of what?

full full

That’s what a lot of people said about Ghostbusters and Star Wars the last jedi.
Look where those lead.
Never watched the first because the marketing was abysmal and the latter was known to be trash just because of how the previous movies went. How about how the Sonic movie turned out to be pretty decent? Or how Harley Quinn wasn’t a two-hour long “girl power, men suck!”-fest and actually just John Wick with more dialogue

Criticisms based on TLOU2’s plot “not making sense” is just absurd to make given the leaks, which you’ve not even seen all of, total about a minute and are 50% fight scenes, in a narrative-heavy game meant to last hours. Wanna be mad that they kill an MC? Sure, go ahead, not the first game/movie/series that kicks off a sequel doing that, won’t be the last. The whole “the plot doesn’t make sense!” stuff is premature rage based on next-to-nothing, and I think everyone knows pretty well that it wouldn’t be getting nearly this much attention were it not for the “Abby is trans” FUD or that Ellie hooks up with a girl with, as you so tactfully put it, “[a] huge honker”.

People just want to be mad.
Cyborg_pony

@The Frowning Pony  
And those women still look like women. Abby Has very broad shoulders and pecks- And again overpowers everyone with ease. I didn’t know steroids where still in ready supply during the dark ages of an apocalypses.
Background Pony #81F5
I don’t know if she is trans, but damn her being that jacked in a zombie apocalypse is crazy
Patachu
Patachu - For Patreon supporters
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Best Art Program Ever - For artists who were courageous enough to draw something for the April Fools day.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag

@The Frowning Pony  
what’s the point of representing a women or a guy as “strong or weak” if it’s a character you are controlling.

it’s all SJWism. never had drama like that with Samus Aran, Chun-Li or Lada Croft in vidya, it’s all about identity politics.

pick a character and git gud fuckers! It should be a game, not a novel.

@Scrabbleman  
ditto, we see this everyday, we know what they are talking about.
Cyborg_pony

@Scrabbleman  
It’s really not worth it honestly, just someone trying to get onto a something by being “against” it because they think it’s the “cool” thing to do, probably due to spending 27 hours of their day on Twitter.

It’s always funny how they forget how this has been a thing for a decade now, and it’s now just causing a lot of financial losses for companies.

>progressive loons demand change without supporting the product at all

>Companies cater to them

>people that did buy are now feeling like they mean nothing

>People rebuttal and show how wrong those demanding change are and won’t support changes

>Companies tell them to go fuck themselves for a Better. Diverse. Nu fanbase

>Media jumps in on this while still telling them “Consume product bigot”

>People demanding change cheer and mock them over that.

>They don’t buy any products the companies makes

>They then complain it wasn’t “good” enough for them and “X” also needs to change.

>Some even brag about blacklisting companies with “Istaphobic content”

>Companies lose tons of revenue.

>Many can’t figure out why or move to blaming the “Fans” who they spent a lot of time harassing via social media by calling them any negative word they could think of

>People create a slogan to show the obvious spin all mentality they’ve all had.

>Grifters then pretend there isn’t anything to the phenomenon and act like it just popped up over night and people are just “mad” for no reason.

Basically, SJWs mad people aren’t supporting what they like by proxy anymore and now lash out importantly at a term used that describes them and what they’ve done to every piece of entertainment perfectly. They hate it, because it’s true.
The Frowning Pony

Administrator
13 blinks per minute
what’s the point of representing a women or a guy as “strong or weak” if it’s a character you are controlling.
Some people like a tinge or realism and variety in their games.

it’s all SJWism. never had drama like that with Samus Aran, Chun-Li or Lada Croft in vidya, it’s all about identity politics.

You cannot be serious. There were massive shitfits when those character’s triple D boobies got “shrunk” to a more reasonable D cup. Horny boys got so mad.

pick a character and git gud fuckers! It should be a game, not a novel.
It’s a narrative heavy game; your comment may as well promote replacing Joel and Ellie in the first game with orks.

@Scrabbleman  
@Cyborg_pony  
It’s almost entirely just clips of “anti-sjws” youtube talking heads freaking out like babies about this or that going “woke”. The guy reeeeing about Parasite getting an Oscar was legendary already.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide