The great GamerGate discussion. (Stuff and things)

Patachu
Patachu - For Patreon supporters
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Best Art Program Ever - For artists who were courageous enough to draw something for the April Fools day.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag

@The Frowning Pony  
I don’t see where he is trolling, maybe you just don’t understand. I don’t see him being passive-agressive and going with insults either. You need to chill, my guy, or make an effort of honesty, because you perfectly understood his point.

@Cyborg_pony  
Indeed it’s about stating obvious things to get attention. “Look, in my opinion racism is bad, pollution is evil and Hitler was a horrible person” don’t earn you any praise. There is not conviction behind, other than elaborating a model as «I am against bad thing, anything I will say will be defendable by the fact I am against an obvious bad thing, and if you disagree with me you are literally a nazi»

thing that generally happens on the politics forums.

Although it is sometimes more or less elaborated as “I’m a good guy because I said fuck hitler, gimme subs”, virtue signaling is exactly like that on a mediatic and political level. Complete idiots will be praised for their opinions. Whatever the cause can be about.
MethidMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -

Although it is sometimes more or less elaborated as “I’m a good guy because I said fuck hitler, gimme subs”, virtue signaling is exactly like that on a mediatic and political level. Complete idiots will be praised for their opinions. Whatever the cause can be about.

Dude, all the guy said was “fuck Hitler” when someone mentioned him. How the hell do you take that and turn it into “I’m a good guy because I said fuck hitler, gimme subs” virtue signalling?
Patachu
Best Art Program Ever - For artists who were courageous enough to draw something for the April Fools day.
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab

@MethidMan  
yeah, we all think the same, we all hate Hitler. Does someone need special praise for saying obvious things?

You know what? Racism is bad. Do you agree with me or are you a racist?

Also kicking puppies is the worst thing ever, if you disagree with me you disagree with someone who thinks kicking puppies is bad.

Now give me my verified symbol and a holy halo thing, so I can point my finger at anyone who disagree with me and expose them as monsters.

That’s virtue signaling.
Patachu

for the context because in fact, this transcends virtue signalling

>I like Donkey Kong Movie, good to see it in cinemas again

>Hitler’s favorite movie

>Fuck Hitler

just go watch the originl King Kong and don’t give a fuck if Hitler liked it.

@MethidMan  
I never said it wasn’t free speech you dunce. Are you seeing things? Stop panicking and calm down!
MethidMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -

@Patachu  
Even in that context, it still isn’t virtue signalling. If I said “fuck Hitler” in that scenario, I might as well be saying “I don’t give a fuck if Hitler liked it so fuck him”. Just because someone says “fuck Hitler” after someone mentioned X was his favorite movie doesn’t automatically mean they’re suggesting they shouldn’t watch X.
Commune
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

🚙
@Patachu  
It’s amazing how you are this triggered over someone saying “fuck hitler”  
Homeboy just wrote several essays worth of text due to some guy saying two words
Patachu

@Commune  
How am I triggered? I stated that it’s like saying “fuck death” no one likes death. or “fuck cancer” it’s common sense, Shinji!

@MethidMan  
It’s a sophism also to show someone like  
«You wrote a book, huh? Do you know who else wrote a book ? HITLER!» «Oh you wanna commit suicide? Do you know who else committed suicide? Hitler!»~

oh my god it’s horribly absurd, but well, you get the idea.

just fuck whoever you want, it’s your freedom as long you don’t use my cock, ok?
Cyborg_pony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

@Patachu  
Seems like a lot of people were mocking him, but for some reason a so many chose to focus on one of of many. Almost like they needed it.

But just in case; Guys. Racism… is bad.

I’ll take my awards and praise now.
Penguin Dragneel
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Artist -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
This whole “@#$& Hitler” controversy needs to stop. No matter how it’s intended to sound, it ends up coming off as defending Hitler’s actions, and I for one don’t want this thread to devolve to that.
Background Pony #BE2F
So this is what become of Gamergate? Pages arguing that saying “fuck Hitler” is bad? Is this really legacy for all of this?
Well considering that it began life as a hate mob meant to harass some guy’s ex-girlfriend, it really never had much of a “legacy” to begin with.
The Frowning Pony

Administrator
13 blinks per minute
@Penguin Dragneel  
Maybe don’t attack people that say it, or defend those that attack them?

What’s next, “everyone knows pedophiles are bad, so stating as much makes you an virtue signalling SJW out to silence dissent!”, “Bin Laden was obviously bad, you don’t have to SAY it! Do you want a cookie for denouncing radical islam?”, “of course the opiod epidemic is harming the country, why are you bringing it up right after an ad for an opiod drug came on TV?!”
Cyborg_pony

@Penguin Dragneel  
Slept with far more then just one. There’s a joke about 2 greyhounds to go along with it if you catch my cold.

As for journos being journos; IGN has been putting out articles essentially trying to shame companies like Sony, Kojima and others for skipping PAX and GDC, saying it’s “racist” to do so. Even the Mayor of Boston was demanding Sony not skip.

A bit sus if you ask me.
Patachu

@DeathCloud  
Of course we all know Hitler was a monster, just like Stalin or Pol Pot, AIDS or a teratocarcinoma. That’s the point, it’s a fact, like something globally accepted a pare rare solid cases that should not even be worth being defended or anything.

Nah for once I gotta agree with guy, it’s not even really virtue signaling - Virtue signaling is biased use of conspicuous expression of moral values without a relation, like «To stop global warming we must fight capitalism and patriarchy!»

In that given context the guy who said «You know who else liked King kong? HITLEEERERrr» is even more fallacious, it’s a false dichotomy. The guy just saying «Fuck hitler, IDGAF man» don’t even need to defend himself for liking King Kong ! Have everyone gone crazy?

@Cyborg_pony  
Yeah that’s just the point, or like to pass a job interview and say a few citations or quotes from Richard Anthony, Rand or Heidegger to sound smart and get the job with praise, it’s surface, it’s empty, it’s void, there is nothing under that, no conviction, no structure, nothing to understand or even think.

At best if you don’t say «fuck hitler» it means you are literally hitler2 to some who imagine all who even ignore such a thing can be immediately be categorized as complete nazis by fucktards in need of praise, and especially in need of supreme enemies to fight to give a justification to their existence.  
As simple as that!

«You did not say fuck hitler so I can legitimately assume a nazi that must be punched! What can you say in your defense?»  
«হ্যালো স্যার আমি ভয় পাচ্ছি আপনি কী বলছেন তা আমি বুঝতে পারছি না…»  
«I KNEW IT ANOTHER OPPRESSOR!»

@The Frowning Pony  
nah in fact there’s not even a word for this. the idea of saying X is bad is for some to pose as the only enemies of a cause that is commonly fought. «Behold! I don’t like thing! »  
As unsubstantial as a Hollywood millionaire verified profile on twitter who will just post like «fuck Tonald Drumpf»

Or pass as original, get to become the center of attention.

«You know what pisses me off? Pollution!»  
«Rape is bad»  
«Communism killed people»  
«Pedophilia is bad!»  
«I, yes me, am against RACISM!»  
«Poverty sucks!»  
I admit, that sophism who don’t clearly have a name is vastly used. It’s a syndrome. It’s nonsequitur, or something. You’re english, right? You must have a word for this!
Cyborg_pony

@Patachu  
There was this purity test people were doing and still are.

I remember when RAGE 2 or the Division 2 was coming out; Journalists demanded they proclaim the game is what they wanted it to be about. My guess, so they can play on easy mode in some vane attempt and thinking they’ve beaten their great Satan.
Patachu

@Cyborg_pony  
no matter what, any game based on Tom Clancy WILL be political. and triggering. Kind of remember the Kotaku debacle about D2, being about authoritarianism and a lot of ready-to-use drama. But indeed, when the bloggers AKA “journalists” don’t create an outrage, deeming something problematic, there’s nothing.

It’s just counter-advertising, there’s still a business reason behind these attacks.
Background Pony #BE2F
@Background Pony #083C
No, it started because a developer slept with a journalist to get her game positively reviewed
Except, as has been mentioned time and time again both here and in other places, at the time this was all going on, the person she supposedly slept with to get a positive review had not actually ever reviewed her game. Honestly, you guys keep offering this review up as some kind of evidence that there was some greater purpose to all the harassment she had to endure, and the thing literally did not exist.

So no, this never started over journalism, or reviews, or anything like that. It is entirely traceable back to a pathetic twit who decided to enlist the internet to get revenge on an ex, and pretending that it was ever intended to be anything else is a lie, plain and simple.

@Cyborg_pony  
@Penguin Dragneel
Slept with far more then just one. There’s a joke about 2 greyhounds to go along with it if you catch my cold.
Is that according to the same people who couldn’t be bothered to fact check whether their smoking gun “great review” evidence actually existed? I mean, it’s not that I think random anonymous internet denizens who think sending some woman they never met so many death and rape threats she literally fled her home would lie, or anything, but I have some justifiable concerns over the validity of their testimony to that supposed fact.

@The Frowning Pony  
Trailer for a WW2 french resistance movie has comments full of shit
Guess this one’s for you, Cyborg and Patachu; assuming you’ve not already got a few comments in there decrying “yet another movie saying nazis are bad”, ofc.
Clearly the Vichy government was the true heroes here, unlike all those virtue signaling resistance members.
Background Pony #BE2F
@Background Pony #083C
Are you getting these rape and deaths threats from the same people that were then caught having sexual misconduct with women?
No, I’m getting it from the mountain of evidence that it occurred. You know, little things like all the (legitimate) news reporting about it, and the books that came out discussing it, and the 3756 page IRC chat log where people discussed the things they were doing to get at her, and so on.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide