The great GamerGate discussion. (Stuff and things)

Twilestia
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Primo Victoria
@WyrmSpawN

@Penguin Dragneel

To quote it:

I may not be displacing a native people or anything like that, but it’s still hard to wash off the politics of the frontier when I play. The idea of finding “unoccupied” land and taming it, turning it into an urban society, is so entangled with colonialism that it is impossible to unravel that knot. But the analogy to real-world, extractive colonialism gets much more pointed when it comes to New Horizons’ two new mechanics: Nook Miles and crafting.
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

[screams in German]
I like the fact that no one likes the New Warriors reboot. Both the “Haterz™” and Tumblrites hate the new heroes Snowflake and Safespace.

It’s so obvious that the industry behind this have no idea what they’re trying to do, and that all this pandering they’ve been doing was dishonest and greedy. Hell, I can write a nonbinary better than they could and I’m not even an industry professional!
Cyborg_pony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

@Penguin Dragneel  
It’s VICE.

@Scrabbleman  
This was the inevitable. SJWs always cannibalize the companies that pander to them.

CBR ran and article calling them out how “people are worried that snowflake is only because if their idenity.”, even though, they defended several other characters who were known to just be there for the same thing.

The age of decadence is over, and Marvel will now face not only those they’ve spat on for a decade, but the ones they did everything for. And it is rightly deserved.
Scrabbleman
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

[screams in German]
@Cyborg_pony  
The problem with SJWs is that they believe they are the representation of the oppressed minority when in reality, they are the minority of minorities.

Most gays, queers, trangenders, blacks, etc. are nothing like that. They don’t go around trying to stir trouble for the sake of trouble. They believe in equal rights but they also have actual morals and aren’t stupid about it. SJWs are the exact opposite of that.
Plain Pony
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Patron
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters

Not a Plane pony
@Background Pony #9599
why do we even need to listen to “journalists”’s opinions on anything, if we stopped doing that and blocking everyone with a verified checkmark the world would be much better.

Their original job was to bring information to people who lack the ability to find that information for themselves. At some point their role changed to telling people what they want to hear, facts be damned. In today’s connected society, journalism’s main benefit is to highlight important news that everyone should be aware of, which explains why so much journalism centres around politics. Since information is so easy to find nowadays, anything more niche can be found at each individual’s preference, rather than being reported on.

Clearly, journalism is mostly untrustworthy at this point. But, if there was more quality control, it could be a useful asset.

@Scrabbleman  
I like the fact that no one likes the New Warriors reboot. Both the “Haterz™” and Tumblrites hate the new heroes Snowflake and Safespace.
It’s so obvious that the industry behind this have no idea what they’re trying to do, and that all this pandering they’ve been doing was dishonest and greedy. Hell, I can write a nonbinary better than they could and I’m not even an industry professional!

When I first saw it, I thought it was a parody, though the fact that is was Marvel behind it cast doubt on that theory. Then I watched the video and any possibility that it wasn’t serious was erased. The funny thing is that I think some of the ideas are actually good. Safespace looks like a good concept, no sarcasm. It’s doubtful that it’s going to end up well, even if it wasn’t SJW as fuck, since trying to write characters based on what’s currently in the present often ends badly.
Scrabbleman
Artist -

[screams in German]
@Cyborg_pony  
Not a fan of the first one. It just screams “bimbo sex sells” which is something I hate. If I want something sexy, I don’t look for prostitutes.

The second one okay, I guess. The silhouette thing is cool but it reminds me of designs from the 90s which is outdated.
Cyborg_pony
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

@Scrabbleman  
People also don’t want to look at shapeless blobs. Both men and women usually prefer a curvy female just as much as the build, broad-shouldered males.

Some of the redesigns haven’t been the best either. Which is why this “New Warriors” is so hilarious, as it was just made to pander to them.
The Frowning Pony

Administrator
13 blinks per minute
@Cyborg_pony  
I’m sorry, but when I look at that, the only thing on my mind is how each of her tits is larger than her entire head, and as wide as the waist that’s supposed to be supporting them. Oh, and also that those platform high-heel boots will snap her ankles after she invariably loses balance from being so ridiculously proportioned for an action character.

It’s the sort of thing I’d expect from a comic parodying mid 90s marvel comics.
The Frowning Pony

Administrator
13 blinks per minute
@Penguin Dragneel  
That… that’s a cartoon. With highly unrealistic proportions. It isn’t “curvy”, and I didn’t say anything about showing skin.

Stop trying so hard, it’s sad.

(and where even do I talk about “body shaming” being bad to the point it’s something I can be identified by?)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide