The great GamerGate discussion. (Stuff and things)

Cyborg_pony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

@The Frowning Pony  
I actually spend most of the time playing video games, but since I want to make sure I don’t get dicked over by devs believing themselves arbiters of moral thought. It’s gotten so bad, I can’t even go completely blind into a game anymore.

I usually watch vids on relevant issues within cultures that I’m adapt to enjoying. It’s just a sad reality that outlets of escapism are contently under attack by people with such a borg-like hivemind that everyone and everything must adhere to their way of thinking and they usually use shields like “the women, the minorities, the children” to strong-arm people to their demands and deride, dismiss and label anyone critical of them as inhuman.

Now, I don’t mean to speculate, but I know quite a few of them spend a lot of time in threads and forums complaining about the “hidden boogeyman” that’s somehow a minuscule number, but also the greatest threat to the well-being of the world in some way, shape and/or form that they must take it upon themselves to eradicate by any means necessary to combat this every growing threat, since they keep calling everyone that.
The Frowning Pony

Administrator
13 blinks per minute
@Penguin Dragneel  
Pointless drama, in the Gamergate thread? Say it isn’t so!

A good 95% of this thread is pointless drama. I can’t think of many things discussed on this site or the entire web in general that fit the bill for “pointless drama” better than gamergate.
Cyborg_pony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

@Penguin Dragneel  
Remember when they thought Farcry 4 had the “right poltics” so they celebrated it, but then when it turned not to it was a “frightening look” at how the army can do whatever it wants, or whatever their problem was?

THEN the DLC comes out featuring the two women and the cheered, forgetting those are usually the people you try to kill has been on the front since the 3rd, and was overall just a looter shooter “Buy a better gun” micro-transaction mess.
Penguin Dragneel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
@Cyborg_pony  
It’s pretty scummy that people care more about politics in video games, instead of actually scummy things like microtransactions and loot boxes.

But hey, that’s just life
Plain Pony
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Patron
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Not a Plane pony
I think I’ll just decide to assume all gamergaters share in the above opinions :^)

roffle

He brings up a valid point: how much sexuality should we be exposing to children? But, saying that same sex relationships are a fetish is stupid, and implying that stuff like paedophilia is the same thing is also stupid. Not to mention that in this particular case, the relationship isn’t even shown onscreen! Clearly, he’s looking for any excuse to talk about his tract on how anything not hetero-normative is purely sexual, and therefore needs to be kept from children. What an idiot.
Lord WyrmSpawN
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Lingering Wyvern
Peta made a guide to living vegan in animal crossing.

A game where you can only eat fruit.

And are incapable of killing most things you can catch.
Cyborg_pony

@dissociativity  
Seems to just be bitching about “Muh sexualizations” without referring to the Manga source at all.

“The story spends so much time on her selling her body.”  
Does it, or is that what he wanted to see?

“could have catered to teens who would have appreciated its Animal Farm-esque take on division, class and xenophobia”  
Sane people don’t constantly want to be lectured to in entertainment. It’s what you would call Propoganda and I don’t think they’d like it if it didn’t stroke their ideological ego. Then again, Escapism isn’t for someone that lives in a fantasy world.  
No surprise, that he screams into the void a lot, on twitter and hat quite a bit of hated at certain people. Double standards, and H’wutnot.

“Haru has no agency in the show and doesn’t feel like a proper character.”  
A favorite phrase of theirs, and they typically ignore a lot of shows the do the same but play to their. . . fantasies of how women should be and how all women should listen to them on what female characters they should want.

That’s how we came to getting Snowflake and Safepace here in the west. And I don’t think I need to bring up how well-received they are.
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

[screams in German]
People are already blaming Gamergate on coronavirus deaths due to “misinformation”.

Fucking bullshit. I can’t believe I’m hearing such audacity.

Also, this free game on Steam has a really low score because most of the reviews are just Chinese players complaining that there’s no Chinese language pack. Maybe filters aren’t so bad after all.
Plain Pony

Not a Plane pony
@Scrabbleman  
Most Steam reviews, and reviews in general, are trash. There’s a lot of people out there with completely nonsense tastes, and it’s rare that those tastes will be clearly communicated. The best thing to do is not to take any review as gospel and look for actual information about the game itself within. Many reviews provide no information at all beyond what the reviewer feels about the game. But, what more can one expect from random people on the internet?

If only there was some more respectable place one could read reviews, where people who submit reviews there are held to a higher standard of quality, and are financially compensated for their work. It’s a shame that no such thing exists.
Patachu
Patachu - For Patreon supporters
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Best Art Program Ever - For artists who were courageous enough to draw something for the April Fools day.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag

@Plain Pony  
yep, more reviews come from paid shills. Even myself when I wanted to play a game I spent cash on gaming press, like Consoles+, Joypad, etc. knowing the news and reviews and sometimes there’s praised games that were awful, and lots of games they never mentioned.

So yeah. the press, the media are only thing for influence. Just like you don’t trust RottenTomatoes to recommend a good movie to watch.

Also interesting how a little crisis can get people to change their minds all of a sudden…  
full
Background Pony #2A56
Also interesting how a little crisis can get people to change their minds all of a sudden…
Except it didn’t, really. One of those articles is talking about video game addiction, which is a much different thing than normal gaming. You’d only really have a point if the one on the left there was classifying any kind of video game playing as a mental illness, instead of the “obsessive to the point of interfering in the normal function of your life” kind.

To put it another way, your current comparison is like putting an article discussing the dangers of eating 12 boxes of bacon wrapped doughnuts a day next to one discussing healthy diets that allow for the occasional sweet, and acting like being able to have an occasional indulgence and still be healthy somehow invalidates the risks of 50,000 calories a sitting. And that’s simply not the case.
Plain Pony

Not a Plane pony
@Patachu  
Being shills is one of those things that, in theory, shouldn’t be that much of a problem. If a news source is continuously providing bad information, people should stop listening to what they have to say. For video games in particular, since gaming is an interactive medium, it should be much easier to verify the quality of a game for the average person. But this doesn’t happen.

Gaming as a whole has moved to a very anti-intellectual state, both in how we judge games, and how they’re designed. Games are getting easier and more accessible, and critique of those games is getting marginalised. And I think this lowering of standards is very convenient for journalists, who want to have everyone accept what they write regardless of quality or accuracy. I don’t think they’re responsible for the shift alone, but GamerGate was an obvious attempt to dismiss any criticism they receive.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide