The great GamerGate discussion. (Stuff and things)

The Frowning Pony

Administrator
13 blinks per minute
@Cyborg_pony  
EVERY COMPANY

Clearly when Neverwinter Nights (Bioware) came out and I and many others thought “This girl’s armor is retarded” we was actually fine with it and my memories of that and similar are just the result of intense gaslighting by Anita and her troupe’s elite mentalist skills.
Cyborg_pony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

@The Frowning Pony  
Bioware did have her at their office once.

full

Not the best example there, chief.

Plus, I didn’t really see anyone complaining. Except for the one that want to complain.

And also, can’t they do what they want? Guess those “Horny boys” can’t control themselves over a mass of polygons and need those girls covered up or they may act on impulse promoted by the game! I must got sing three Hail Thompson to calm myself and the impure thoughts caused by video game boobage!

It wasn’t my fault, officer! She was wearing bikini armor!
The Frowning Pony

Administrator
13 blinks per minute
@Cyborg_pony  
You do realize Neverwinter Nights was released in 2002, right?

The rest of your post is an incomprehensible jumble of words, I can’t tell if it’s an attempt at being clever or just your persistent inability to write proper English.
The Frowning Pony

Administrator
13 blinks per minute
@Scrabbleman  
That makes literally no sense.

The only thing I can imagine is if one of their games downloaded assets from a ND server that also hosted/was connected to internal assets (for some unknowable reason) and someone faked a connection request to crawl and slurp up whatever they could find.

Which would be an astonishing security failure for a company over one week old, so it really makes no sense to even consider.
Cyborg_pony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

@The Frowning Pony  
And when were people raising a fuss? Because like I said, I haven’t seen anyone.

@Scrabbleman  
It’s okay guys, it wasn’t a pissed off employee. Schreirw said it was hackers from the darknet and all the employees were paid. He isn’t pulling anything out his ass to save a company that look very bad right now.

full  
full  
full  
full

Jason said everything’s fine.
The Frowning Pony

Administrator
13 blinks per minute
@Cyborg_pony  
There were plenty of people raising the issue of the armour being ridiculous back in the day, sorry that you weren’t around to see them.

And no, they weren’t demands or “how dare they!”. Unlike your reaction to seeing a buff “unattractive” woman in a game now, which is pretty much a mirror for how Anita and co. behave.
The Frowning Pony

Administrator
13 blinks per minute
@Cyborg_pony  

wow

You really got me there, cyborg.

Put me in a bind, twisted me right round and left me flapping in the wind.

Except, except

That image there is an image of a mod.

Released in 2015.

For Neverwinter Nights 2.

Good job!

Lemme help you out a bit there, sport.

This was the official art for the non-player protagonist, set up to be really a serious, down to earth, no frills, warrior badass, in a game that took its grim setting very seriously

full  
full

Are you seeing why some people thought “hrmm, that doesn’t seem to quite fit…”?
Background Pony #2A56
This was the official art for the non-player protagonist, set up to be really a serious, down to earth, no frills, warrior badass, in a game that took its grim setting very seriously
Sheesh, did her warrior training involve twirling around some kind of pole? Because that definitely feels like an influence here.

Also, does she ever look down at all? Because as much as she really, really seems to like that holding that sword, I feel like her “mid throes of passion” head tilt there exposes an awful big vulnerable spot to literally everyone within sword range.
Cyborg_pony

@The Frowning Pony  
And?

What’s wrong with it?

Better then the actual boxart that’s just an eyeball, plus:

full  
full  
full  
full  
full

This is also official art.

Plus; Aribeth seems to be a favorite of people to Copsplay.

I wonder why.
The Frowning Pony

Administrator
13 blinks per minute
What’s wrong with it?
…  
If you honestly can’t see it, there’s no point even bothering with you at all.

Better then the actual boxart that’s just an eyeball
There were several different sets of boxart depending on the edition, some featuring Aribeth.

This is also official art.
And? Aribeth has the same armour in all she’s portrayed in, and in-game.

Plus; Aribeth seems to be a favorite of people to Copsplay.
I wonder why.
She was a memorable character in a groundbreaking game. Plus skimpy/sexy cosplay is always popular.

Regardless, you clearly didn’t have any idea who “Aribeth” was until you fucked up by not only confusing the art of two different different games made by two different developers, but confusing it with a fan made mod released 7 years after it.

I’ve found that method of “discussion” all too common: talk fast and loose, hope something stick enough for the other side to reply to it, pretend you know what you’re talking about, and if someone points out the blatant mistakes or misinformation just completely ignore it and keep charging with the next tenuous argument line. Never be on defence, hope to tire the “opponent” out as they grow tired of all the nonsense and goalpost moving.
Cyborg_pony

If you honestly can’t see it, there’s no point even bothering with you at all.

That sounds an awful lot like:  
I’m not going to enact the labor. Educate yourself.

Bruh. ಠ_ಠ)

It’s an excuse people always use they can’t defend their position.

I find this method of deflecting all too common with those demanding changes, for their own ends. Quite sad honestly. They can’t defend their argument, but it’s the one that should be taken as the pure, just way. It’s almost like religious doctrine…

It’s not like she’s grabbing the hilt and jacking it off with a face during orgasm.

You what it reminds me of?

full  
And this is far more adversely sexual…

If you can’t explain what’s the problem with it, then you’re essentially just saying “It’s a problem because I don’t like it” The exact mentality of every person that wanted to change entertainment to make them feel better.
NitroFury
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Horseplay
Artist -

Nitro Cat Bad!
Okay, rule of thumb, never say “Educate Yourself” when you can subject yourself of lacking that too; just throwing that out there.
The Frowning Pony

Administrator
13 blinks per minute
@Cyborg_pony  
hurr durr “People that don’t spoonfeed me their argument don’t have one”. Part of the same “tactic”, exhaust the other party explain everything in detail again and again in order to exhaust them and find new avenues to veer away from the original argument.

But assuming you really couldn’t infer “the problem” when I wrote
The game’s setting is serious, everything is serious, nothing is played for laughs, lightheartedly, no old-fashioned heroics where “Thorgor the Barbarian slays 4 dragons and rescues the princess” type of stuff. That character in particular is always serious, very martial, no nonsense, and explicitly against romance or anything of the sort.

Yet she has massively impractical armour designed for players to get a good look at her cleavage. Never mind all the poses the official art has her in. It doesn’t fit with the tone and setting of the game, let alone the character, at all.

You what it reminds me of?
Yes, and? Bioware didn’t invent “nonsense impractical armour”, and I’m not saying it doesn’t have its place.
Cyborg_pony

@The Frowning Pony  
If you want characters to stand out, you usually give them an appealing visage that stands out from regular NPCs.

I don’t think most would want to replicate her look if was something like tihs:  
full

also, It’s a game with monsters and magic, it’s as practice as the writers feel it should be.
The Frowning Pony

Administrator
13 blinks per minute
@Cyborg_pony  
Dark Souls has loads of practical and visually striking armor.

Also you mean “practical”, and the issue is the art direction was seriously discordant with the writing. It’s like if Halo’s Master Chief was dressed up like Duke Nukem with a giant crotch bulge and bare chest while everyone else is in full combat gear and talking about how a single shot can kill them and his attire is never addressed.
The Frowning Pony

Administrator
13 blinks per minute
@Cyborg_pony  
So, are you going back to complain now that a game set in a world where mushroom people roam the land and a single man was capable of bulldozing through several armed gangs and militias and hordes of not-zombies is broken because this one woman got buff in a gym after several years of training?
NitroFury
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Horseplay
Artist -

Nitro Cat Bad!
Okay, I’m just going to leave this thread until you two Belt Up about this nonsense, I don’t care who did who, just resolve it or leave the argument alone.
The Frowning Pony

Administrator
13 blinks per minute
@Cyborg_pony  
I must’ve hallucinated this post

Or your nice words towards the character’s appearance of “orc” and “ogre”.

Clearly you think it’s fine for a game to abscond its setting in order to show sexy characters, but there is no excuse for unattractive characters; particularly if they’re female given you were OK with Max Payne.

Or are you going to go back to how it’s just impossible for an armed militia to have found a room, some gym kit, a power generator, and figured out how to gather produce food? Wait until you hear about this game series called “Fallout”…
dissociativity
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

@The Frowning Pony  
not to mention literally all you need to work out is your own body, why do people think you need a gym to get quite fit?

A combination of pushups, situps, squats, lunges, pull ups, and general survival in dangerous situations in this apocalypse and I’m sure many more exercises that use more or less just your own body, not to mention just filling some sacks with dirt or sand and tying them to a pipe for lifting lol, is plenty to get pretty swole so long as this survivalist lifestyle gets you enough food to live on without starving your body, women don’t need as many kcal as men as well.

This isn’t complicated, maybe he should try exercising irl without paying out the ass for gym equipment while quarantined and learn something?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide