The great GamerGate discussion. (Stuff and things)

Cyborg_pony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

@The Frowning Pony  
Oh never mind, I thought you said I was going back to talking about that. I was kind of tired.

We’ve already gone over why it’s very strange someone get that jacked and murders the protagonists people grew to like to say “I’m the lead now.”

Produce food is one thing; gathering and manufacturing steroids, electricity to keep defenses and facility functional when they had to use an abandon hospital for invasive surgery the last time seems a little weird in canon.’

Usually trying to stay in continuity helps to not make dumb decisions that won’t do anything and just raise questions and break immersion of the story you want people invested in.

Or you just get:  
full  
Because reasons.
Background Pony #674C
@dissociativity  
Woman don’t gain muscle mass nearly as well as a man. A woman is really not going to get that big with just basic survivalist setting. She would need that well stocked gym, and plenty of calories, and be devoted completely to it. Is it possible? Sure, just kind of out there.
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

[screams in German]
Unpopular opinion but immersion is a stupid argument when talking about video games. Immersion doesn’t necessarily mean that you feel like you were there. I was immersed in Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood but I never once imagined myself in Rome, I just lost track of time.

I hate people who use immersion as if it’s the make-or-break factor. It’s so subjective and everyone has a different idea and experience. That’s like saying a specific dish in a restaurant is bad because you dislike it’s taste, even though other people do like it.

I can hate a lot of people. In fact, I hate people that fuck up games with unnecessary identity politics but I also hate people that fuck it up with their pandering and “accuracy” bullshit. Piss off, you gate-keeping elitist fucks.

I play games because I want to be entertained. I don’t expect some deep thought-provoking crap, especially when I don’t care much about it. But if it’s there and it entertains me, then it succeeds.

A game that fails to entertain, regardless of the method, design and reason, is not a game. It’s a chore.
Cyborg_pony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

@Scrabbleman  
Usually it’s about a deep mental involvement. Meaning if the story is understandable, then it makes it easier to have fun with the game.

With what we’ve been talking about and what we’ve seen there is none of that, so there’s no way to feel invested or involved since there’s too many questions that don’t seem answered. Which is why I brought up Star wars, since it’s the same concept. They just wanted to make a character look cool without thinking and the story fell apart.
dissociativity
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

@Background Pony #D7C8  
She isn’t that big though, I personally know plenty of female bodybuilders that don’t abuse substances that are bigger so idk if you only know women who just drive to work and do fuck all or something m8, most women who go to the gym focus on mostly cardio irl, it’s not that it’s super hard or impossible, just most people who go to the gym use it for aesthetics, not actually being strong or some shit.

Anyway she looks badass, that’s neat, she’s not nearly as buff as female bodybuilders, sooo, idk what you’re getting at, you can get that buff by lifting weighs and regularly riding a bike.
Background Pony #81F5
@dissociativity  
She is pretty buff, enough that she would need to be a bodybuilder. I’m not saying it is impossible I’m saying that it is a post apocalyptic world where you have a female bodybuilder. Any bodybuilder in that world is a little off, just due to the resources devoted toward something that doesn’t have a practical payoff, that’s all.
Plain Pony
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Patron
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters

Not a Plane pony
@Scrabbleman  
Add another to that opinion. “Immersion” to me means that I don’t think about anything but the game, and the quality of the story doesn’t affect that unless it’s so boring that I’d rather not watch it. I actually prefer bad stories over boring, as it gives me something to think about while I’m waiting to play the game again.

I really hate people trotting out immersion breaking as a justification for bad game design. Like the idea that difficulty is bad because it breaks immersion. When I spent around an hour trying to beat one boss in Devil May Cry V, I was immersed the entire time, because I really wanted to beat that boss, and I knew that I had to git gud to do that. (Or I could have used Gold Orbs, but I’m trying to avoid that)

I like analysing games, but immersion is one of those things that are so nebulous that it cannot be analysed. It’s the very definition of subjective.
Cyborg_pony

@NitroFury  
No. It always looks better in many circumstances.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, despite having massively bland game, looks very good visually. All the characters look good, ( Some as good as they could be. ) While I look at that new Avengers game, and I’ve pretty much said hard pass.
Plain Pony

Not a Plane pony
Real life visuals have a lot of detail to them, so trying to replicate that in a video game is very costly compared to going for a style or abstracting the shit out of it. It’s costly not only to develop it, but to test it, and run it as well. Not to mention that the potential for feature creep is essentially limitless. Plus, it’s harder to maintain a willing suspension of disbelief when you feature unrealistic events with a realistic style. Unless looking realistic is important to your game, you should never use it.
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

[screams in German]
@Mikey  
Also, realistic visuals never age well. Assassin’s Creed have great games early on but they look horrible, especially when involving water.
Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ayriana
@Scrabbleman  
I seriously love that Doom Eternal went with a more cartoony and arcadey visual style contrary to Doom 2016’s more realistic and gritty look, it’s a lot more like the classic Doom visuals and I think it’ll age beautifully as a result.
Cyborg_pony

Twitch really is digging a grave with it’s new hires of actual crazy people, with absurd demands like banning voice chat and saying gamers are the buzzword of the year. With glee  
The typical spin of course as it’s just harassment and not someone who given any amount of power or influence instantly abuses it and becomes a tyrant.  
It’s always the most toxic people crying about toxicity.

Another the case a company that gets too big and hates the people that got it there, for a different twitch user. The better twitch. the Nu twitch user.

I think this tweet Sums it up best  
If there was a competitor without the inmates policing the townsfolk, Twitch would most likely be probably be abandoned by everyone except those under contract and forced to deal with Twitch hiring the insane asylum.
Plain Pony

Not a Plane pony
@Cyborg_pony  
I think it’s darkly hilarious that Twitch is following in Twitter’s footsteps on this one. Unlike Twitter, Twitch is more set up like Reddit in that each streamer is like a subreddit, with its own rules and community, instead of Twitter which is more like a blob. In recent years though, the Twitch community has been becoming more homogeneous, with each stream chat becoming more and more similar to one another.

Which is why I think the fact that Twitch feels the need to have a Safety Advisory Council is very appropriate for the time. The idea of a streamer cultivating their own community is long gone, replaced with the “Twitch” community, which is essentially the cancer chat the most popular streamers were known for, but now for everyone! And I don’t blame Twitch for this. It’s all on the community this time. I doubt the SAC is going to do anything to help the situation though. It’s going to be about as effective for Twitch as it was for Twitter.
Cyborg_pony

@Plain Pony  
I’m beginning to think it’s more siniter now.

This Steph is not well liked or popular and yet; chosen to represent Twitch as a whole. I think they chose thise grass-eating (Yes, there’s a clip. Go find it’s not hard) loony to wash their hands of doing anything wrong. If something bad happens that piss of a lot of people, they can just go “our hands are tied. They did it. So they are essentially using this Steph as a patsy. The problem is, the obvious of being power mad, and something dumb will happen.
Cyborg_pony

When a Twitter user asked for clarification regarding Sarkessian’s involvement, Naughty Dog Level Designer Evan Hill stated that her influence went as far as Druckmann citing her videos “like 5 years ago.”
However, Hill also confirmed that Naughty Dog “is vocally/adamantly progressive” and deflected criticism towards the game’s content as criticism of the studio’s politics by claiming that these views were the reason that upset fans were “targeting” members of the game’s “design and narrative” teams
When asked directly for confirmation on Sarkeesian’s influence, Hill offered up a tired insult, classifying critics as “chuds” who were “obsessive, creepy, and weird.”

With something like this, it’s almost proof she was in the boardroom during development.

You don’t become that defensive for no reason.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide