Mario Discussion

Background Pony #DE4B
According to the japanese translators, there are two options when you’re in battle in Paper Mario: The Origami King: Weapons and Items. Weapons are Mario’s basic attacks, which are seen in the trailer (Jump and Hammer) while Items is yet to be seen, but this makes me thinking that they’re bringing back the classic item system that was gone since Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door. Interesting. Also there are implications that Partners will help Mario even during the battles. Good to know.
09MurphyM

So, Masae anela is doing a LP of super mario 64. This will be interesting because she does speedruns where she does specific stars in the game and has only seen some of the levels but not all of the stars or levels.
user4897
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

Unpopular opinion:  
Blue Shells are harmless in Mario Kart Tour as it doesn’t throw you in the air and you can easily get back driving after a really short time

Note: winged Blue Shells are more devastating than wingless Blue Shells
09MurphyM

It seems like the wario cap is the rarest in Super Mario 64 DS. It doesn’t even show up for the stars that specifically require Wario himself.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@09MurphyM  
I’ve seen Wario hats in Bob-omb Battlefield, Rainbow Ride, and a few other stages, I recall.

I actually have that game on WiiU, and surprisingly, it works well if you configure the screen settings to “Top screen = TV,” & “Bottom screen = GamePad.”
09MurphyM

If they do remaster super mario 64, they need to seriously fix the wing cap controls so that you have actual control over your descent.
Red-Supernova
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Thread Starter - The Mega Man thread!
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Passionate opinionator
Having just watched Antdude’s review of the Super Mario Advance series, it piqued my interest that I should properly play Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3 as I have owned the first three games back when I was a teen and I was unable to get the fourth due to a change in my life. Thankfully my old Wii U still has funds left in the Nintendo eShop or maybe its the same amount that’s also in my Switch eShop balance, regardless who agrees that I should play this? And yes, I am aware that all E-Reader levels have been added in this version, that was the my main interest in wanting to give this game a shot.
Beau Skunky
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Red-Supernova  
I’d say go for it, also if you want I found out GBA games, & SNES games on WiiU interestingly can use the Wii-remote if you want.  
(Provided you hold down a certain button while powering on the game, I can’t remember which, but it’s in the game’s digital instructions, and you may have to use the customizable button feature, as well to get the controls you like on the remote.)  
I find the Wii remote can be easier to use on some games.

I thought about getting that too actually, I know everybody’s going to go, “Why not just pirate/emulate it on your computer? Then you can get it for free?” I prefer playing retro games on consoles, (I hate gaming with a keyboard) and honestly at $8 it’s fairly cheap anyway, and I kinda prefer supporting the official product. (Plus it kinda shows Nintendo we still like old game products, and such.)  
I think most emulated unofficial versions of SMA4 don’t have the E-Reader levels, because those are kinda hard to emulate, and the cards are hard to find nowadays too.

Y’know, alot of Youtube gamer videos call the E-Reader a “failure,” or a “lame gimmicky product,” (which is what some gamers consider anything original) but I had one for my GBA as a kid, and I loved it, especially the NES games.
Red-Supernova
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Thread Starter - The Mega Man thread!
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Passionate opinionator
@Beau Skunky  
I knew you would recommend it. Then I shall download it right away.  
(I’m fine with just using the Gamepad like I have with my other Wii U games both physical and digital.)

Me too. Unless I really need to save on money or if the game is really worth getting or….I dunno. How I decide to play certain games either on consoles or emulation is random with me. I downloaded the GB versions of Mega Man 2 and Mega Man 3 even though I have Mega Man: Dr. Wily’s Revenge on my 3DS and I have beaten all three of those games. I’ve also downloaded Mega Man & Bass which I have beaten with Mega Man and yet I have downloaded Golden Sun for my Wii U but lost interest during the beginning portions of the game.  
The only emulated games worth playing on keyboards are RPGs really. Platformers and other genres though, I use my PC controller for.  
That’s what makes the Wii U version of SMA4: SMB3 shine. AntDude even said it was one of the best things that came out of the Wii U.

I still have my E-Reader as well. I’m even one of the lucky son of a bitches that own what many people consider the rarest card of them all, the Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire Eon Ticket. In which I have to keep in a ziploc bag because I keep having fears that my tourettes will destroy the card.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide