Mario Discussion

user4897
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

Mario Kart may fall short on mobile, but I know just one game that might look great on mobile…

WarioWare

Yes, with short, touch oriented microgames, it will fit better on mobile devices
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@RhodieNite  
“Wario Ware” would make a great mobile game, though it might be limited to “Touch” microgames. Especially, ‘cause the gyro sensors in some phones, or tablets aren’t as reponsive as say, a 3DS’s.

I dunno, I actually enjoyed “Mario Kart Tour.”  
Despite the “microtransaction” drama, you can honestly still enjoy it without paying a cent. The only annoying things are collecting coins & gems can be a slow process, (like many mobile games) the random pipe sometimes gives you copies of stuff you already have, (sure doing that “levels” ‘em up, but it’s still annoying) and there’s no original brand new tracks.

Though, that last one I don’t mind too much, as I actually like how the game kinda focuses on the retro tracks from all the past consoles, and they look great in HD.

@Red-Supernova  
That’s cool. I have a few of the Pokémon E-Reader cards I got from Nintendo Power, some NES card packs, (Balloon Fight is still a favorite) a Game & Watch card, (Manhole, shame the others were cancelled) an air hockey one, a few Animal Crossing ones, and such.

Amiibo cards seemed to be a spiritual successor to the E-Reader cards, but similarly, they didn’t seem popular either.
Red-Supernova
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Thread Starter - The Mega Man thread!
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Passionate opinionator
@Beau Skunky  
There are brand new original tracks in Mario Kart Tour. It just depends on what tour you happen to be part of. There have been levels that take place in New York City, Tokyo, Paris, London and Vancouver. Still, the retro tracks in HD do look nice.  
I hate to be the downer but the game tries to make you leave with no other option but to at least subscribe to the Gold Pass. Even though Tour is half a year old, the amount of Rubies you can collect without the Gold Pass is very little, leaving with you a bit short if you want to pull 10 collectables from the pipes. And when you start to get higher in those rankings that are set for two certain cups per tour, the amount of crap you need to do to get higher in the ranks can be absurd. For me, it feels like the current player in first clearly had to pay a lot of money to get to the top.

I’ve collected some Pokémon E-Reader cards from Nintendo Power and booster packs back in the day, when it came to the NES games I had Donkey Kong Jr., Pinball and Ice Climber. Other than those, I had the air hockey and Kirby slide puzzle cards.
09MurphyM

One of the more notable differences between 3D mario games and other 3D platformers/collecathons like the Banjo Kazooie series is that you don’t really have to do a tutorial area first to learn your moves before you can access the hub world and the first level.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@09MurphyM  
It could be argued the hub worlds like Peach’s Castle, Delfino Plaza, the Comet Observatory, ect. are kinda like practice/tutorial areas.

And in Super Mario 64 DS you can’t even access Peach’s castle until you catch the first bunny.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
If the new “Super Mario 3D HD Collection” rumors are true, which version of “Super Mario 64” would you guys rather see in it?

A faithful remake of the original N64 game with the original low-polygon graphics in HD, an HD remake of the enhanced graphics DS game, (with the new areas/characters) or a different kind of new HD remake?
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Sparx  
I kinda agree, (it’d be nice to have both versions though) they shoud add Wario’s shoulder-charge move from “Wario Land” in it. Felt like he was missing something without it.

And yeah. I liked playing as Yoshi. It’s one of the few games besides “Super Mario Run” that treats Yoshi as a playable character, instead of an item for only a handfull of levels.

It replaced a few stars, like the one on Bob-omb Battlefield’s floating island box, but that was replaced with a better one.
Sparx
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

#115 Wassup Voltage!
@Beau Skunky  
He’s my go to for every spin off game.

I thought it was dumb that he couldn’t defeat ghosts or break big blocks because he lacked a moustache though.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Sparx  
I guess they didn’t want Yoshi to have too many advantages. (After all, he could flutter-jump, eat enemies, make/throw eggs.) If he could, there’d be no need to switch characters. (Everyone deserves some love.)

Was kinda annoying Mario was the only one whom could wall-jump, but I guess they had to give him a unique ability besides the balloon flower, and wing cap power.
Shyette
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Yuri (NSFW)
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

I want coffiee
So Mario Supper Sluggers great game. I was slightly bumped when Blue and Yellow Koopas were not included, with there paratroops counterparts that would be four more slots on Wario’s already lackluster team. I was also Bumped that K. Rool was included but not as a Captian. But my biggest let down was the lack of Chargin Chuck, the Sports themed mook!

So these little letdowns got me thinking and stewing over how I would lay out the teams if I could in the end. I ended up making teams for Palune, Rosalina, King K. Rool, King Boo, Captin Syrup, and Boom Boom. I also gave Wario a complete overhaul.

Teams with small changes

Mario Fireballs

Morty Mole: Mario lacks a heavy hitter couldn’t think of anybody else.  
E. Gadd: Sometimes I add him.  
Lakitu  
Orange Pianta: Not sure how to change his stats just need to even it out with the Noki  
Violet Noki: Give her extra power.

Peach Monarchs

Crazee Dayzee: Give Daisy a flower teammate.  
Piranha Plant: They are in smash and Petey is on this team so why not?  
  • Fire (orange): one with Extra Power  
  • Poison: one with Extra Speed  
  • Frost: one with extra fielding.

Yoshi Kahunas

Red Birdo  
    Green Birdo  
    Violet Birdo. Was Birdo ever violet? I just think it would look nice.

Teams that had members taken out.

Donkey Kong Beasts

The Kremlings are no longer on their teams no Kritters, no K.Rool.  
    Cranky Kong: This old-timer still has a decent hit he also has good felid work, but he can’t get around like he used two.  
    Lanky Kong: Good at feeding and has okay running but not good with pitching and batting. I would like him to use Enguarde as a bat.  
    Mini-Necky  
    Gnawty (Green): There tails make surprisingly good bats they got high batting and okay running but not much else.  
  • Pink: Has some extra speed.  
  • Blue: has some extra fielding skills.

Bowser Monsters

The Dry bones have gone over to King Boo.  
    Ice Bro.  
    Koopatrol (black): To make up for losing the Dry Bones these guys step up  
  • Green  
  • Red  
  • Blue

Wario Stinkers

This team gets a complete overall the only Wario and Waluigi are still on the team. I thought about including Ninji and Little Mousers but for now, I’m stiking with Viruses.

Ashley  
    Kat  
    Ana  
    Chuckya: The new heavy hitter on the team.  
    Boshi  
    Nabbit  
    Virus (red)  
  • Blue  
  • Yellow  
  • Green  
  • Cyan  
  • Pink

New Teams

Palune Swingers  
    (Stanley Hornets.)

They started as the pickup team in fanfic that never got off the ground after nobody wanted the Goomba’s, Koopa Troopers and their winged counterparts anymore Palune stated up a team for them they split Skill and Power.

Captian Palune  
    Co-Captian: Stanley  
    Cain Chop: The Heavy hitter of the team  
    Goomba  
    Paragomba  
    Galoomba  
    Spike  
    Pokio  
    Koopa Troopa (Green)  
  • Red  
  • Yellow  
  • Blue  
    Koopa Paratroopa (red)  
  • Green  
  • Yellow  
  • Blue

K.Rool Krushers  
    (Karusha Krahers)

Well, I was bumped that K. Roll didn’t get his own team in Sluggers so here he is with the Kritters. They are strong and tricky.

Captin K. Rool.  
    Ko-Captin Krusha  
    Klump: The teams Super Slugger.  
    Kaypso  
    Kopter  
    Re-Koil  
    Kritter (Green)  
  • Red  
  • Blue  
  • Brown  
    Klaptrap (blue)  
  • Green  
  • Red  
  • Purple

Rosalina Comments  
    (Lubba Astronauts)

Another team I had trouble with I could drum up the members easy but again it didn’t enough personality. They combine Speed and Skill.

Captin Rosalina  
    Co Captin Lubba  
    Honey Queen: Heavy hitter for the team.  
    Whittle  
    Penguin  
    The Chimp  
    Octoomba  
    Polari  
    Luma (yellow)  
  • Red  
  • Blue  
  • Green  
    Grarmo (Green)  
  • Pink  
  • Blue  
  • Yellow

King Boo Phantoms

Dry Bowser Rattlers.

King Boo is back and he brought along ghosts and skeletons. The Dry Bones left the fleshy version of Bowser to be on this team. This team is Speedy and Tricky. I considered having some of the Luigi Manson Mooks but they change every game.

Captin King Boo.  
    Co Captin Dry Bowser  
    Boolossus: The team’s heavy hitter.  
    Hellen Gravely: I haven’t gotten far in 3 but she seems to disserve a spot.  
    Broozer  
    Boo (White)  
  • Pink  
  • Green  
  • Violet  
    Dry Bones  
  • Green  
  • Blue  
  • Dark

__Syrup Pirates __  
    (Mona Riders )

Captin Syrup comes crashing in with a crew that are both Skilled and Tricky. I never played the Wario games so I had a hard time with this one.

Captin Syrup  
    Co Captin Mona  
    Rudy the clown: The heavy hitter for the team.  
    Gaugau  
    Pirate Goom  
    Peacan  
    Little Mouser (blue)  
  • White  
  • Green  
  • Black  
    Bandit (red)  
  • Blue  
  • Yellow  
  • Green  
  • Violet

__Boom Boom Busters __  
    (Pom Pom Pummlers)

Captin Boom Boom  
    Co Captin Pom Pom  
    Chargin’ Chuck: The strongest guy on this strong team.  
    Clubba  
    Bully (black)  
  • Stone  
  • Ice  
  • Metal  
    Ninji (black)  
  • Red  
  • Blue  
  • Green

The Final boss team  
    ||  
    Wart Nightmares  
    (Mouser Gangsters)

Captin: Wart  
    Co Captin Mouser  
    Clawgrip: Heavy hitter  
    Triclide  
    Fryguy  
    Pidgit  
    Snift (red)  
  • Green  
  • Yellow  
  • Blue  
    Robobirdo (pink)  
  • Red  
  • Green  
    ||
northern haste
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Enter if you dare
I don’t know if they sold these normally in my country but in a shop that sells Polish stuff I found some Mario kinder joys.  
I got a Mario keyring and what I can only describe as an off brand fidget spinner
Red-Supernova
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Thread Starter - The Mega Man thread!
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Passionate opinionator
So as of last week, I have dropped Mario Kart Tour from my usual gaming schedule. I am simply tired of seeing the required racers that can activate frenzies in certain tracks locked behind paywalls and having to replay the same track over and over again only for my total high score to at least get me the lowest place on the leaderboards that can still give you a reward for being placed there.  
The prices offered for their kart & racer specials are REALLY too damn high and the Gacha system is crap.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide