Mario Discussion

Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
Got back to playing Super Mario Odyssey and I decided to restart from the beginning so I can immerse myself in the game once again. Finding the first 60 or so Power Moons in the Sand Kingdom was brutal…
Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
Poor Mario, all he wanted was a vacation but he’s stuck having to clean up graffiti that wasn’t his fault.  
Also it’s interesting that Mario is mostly mute in the game and cutscenes, his character consists of a lot of grunts and his usual catchphrases. Always found it kinda odd especially since everyone else gets to talk, Luigi, Peach, Toads, Yoshi, hell even Bowser who you’d assume didn’t have an actual voice.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Dr_Osaka  
Bowser Koopa spoke in text in many games prior though, like Super Mario 64, Super Mario RPG, Paper Mario, and the Mario Party series.

I kinda liked hearing the characters talk, but I suppose text works better where the hero is more of a heroic mime.  
Plus, honestly Jen Taylor Peach isn’t as easy on the ears as Leslie Swan Peach.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Myoozik  
From the demo, I already do, I especially like the ability to buy costumes, which while not original, (many games did that, and “Sunshine” had one) is a rewarding and fun feature. I like how some costumes are obscure references too. (Like Mario’s “Sombrero” outfit is a nod to his cameo in “QIX” for Gameboy.)
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Sparx  
I saw a bunch of copies at my local Walmart, so apparently Youtubers, and such exaggerated how difficult they’d be to get. (Or perhaps either Nintendo made a ridiculous amount of copies, or because of all the internet “drama” over the collection, and people cancelling their pre-orders might have something to do with it. Either way, it’s apparently selling well regardless.)

The SMB Game & Watch due out in November on the other hand might be harder to find, sense it’s a device. So I might pre-order that.  
I’ve always wanted a G&W, but they were before my time, and old ones go for ridiculous high prices online with collectors.
Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
@Beau Skunky  
Yeah I knew about the text boxes, but up until Sunshine we hadn’t really heard an actual voice in the games (not including the catoons)

I don’t mind Peach’s current voice since I think it’s cute enough but I’ll admit I do like the voice she was given in the N64 games more maybe cause I grew up with it idk.

Also bro you are totally missing out not playing Odyssey, it is one of the best Mario games ever released, and I also love the different outfits you can have Mario wear, you can even get some through Amiibo.
Background Pony #2847
You know the “out of bounds” cheaters that ruin Luigi’s Balloon World in Super Mario Odyssey?

I found one.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Mikey  
The Pachinko stage was my most hardest/frustrating one. Even the “lily pad of death,” and Corona Mountain were nowhere near as hard for me.

It’s almost pure luck.

@Background Pony #2847  
I remember running into hackers in “Sonic Rush Adventure,” in “Collect the most rings” VS mode, they’d always start with 999 rings. In retaliation, I wouldn’t even bother collecting any, and just attack/fight with them for fun. Ironically, we made a game of it.

@Dr_Osaka  
Yeah, though of course SM64’s ending did feature full voice acting for Peach. (The Japanese version was just text though, until the rumble version added the english voice oddly.)

I actually do really want “Super Mario Odyssey,” though I’m kinda reluctant to get it, because I fear they’ll discount it soon as a cheaper “Nintendo Selects” game soon, or something. And honestly… I can’t really afford very many $60 games at the moment.
Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ayriana
@Beau Skunky  
Yep. At least if you miss red coins on the lily pad you can walk to the start and retry. There’s also one ups in the stage, unlike Pachinko.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@igotnopicks  
“Easy?” How? I literally lost almost every 1up I had on it alone. and it took me an hour to beat.

I’d rather play that lily pad level you claim is harder… Or are you B.S.’ing us?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide