Mario Discussion

Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Ring Team  
@Mikey  
The second one wasn’t bad either, and “Sing” was surprisingly good in my opinion.

So honestly, Illumination isn’t that bad. They just get a bad rap, ‘cause they cash in on the “Minions” merch’ so much, and because they aren’t Pixar, or Dreamworks.  
(Whom get crap for making Cars 2, and Shrek 4. So they aren’t infallable either.)

There’s no way it’s going to be as “bad” as the old 1993 SMB movie. (Which honestly I still liked.)  
Especially, now that Miyamoto is helping make the movie.

And let’s not forget, people said the Sonic movie, and Detective Pikachu were going to be bad, and they turned out good.  
So honestly, the days of “all video game movies are automatically bad” are over.  
Also, I felt the new Mortal Kombat wasn’t bad. It’s nice, and gory.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Dragon-Phoenix  
If they do, I wouldn’t mind Kirby talking, as the 2002 anime already tried to make him a “heroic mime,” like the games.  
Would be funny if they gave Kirby a celebrity voice too.

Kinda opens up oppertunities for other Nintendo properties to get movies.  
Besides the Pokemon, and Animal Crossing anime movies.  
(The AC one was never released internationally oddly, despite being a popular series worldwide. An unofficial fandub exists though.)
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Dragon-Phoenix  
Ok.

Zelda, and Star Fox might also make good animated movies too, if done right. But with western animated movies focusing so much on comedy nowadays, (which while suitable for already silly series like Mario, or Kirby) I kinda worry they won’t make those serious enough.
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@Mikey  
I only watched one film, which is the first Despicable Me film. And I wish I hadn’t. Jesus, it was so bad and so obnoxious.

Everything I needed to know about the rest of the films are in this video. I don’t think the Mario film will be different from other proyects.

That said, I laughed a lot during the cast part, especially Vinny’s reaction. xD
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Ring Team  
Well, it’s possible for even a “bad” company to make something good, plus Mario’s own creator Miyamoto is involved.  
It’s not always the company that counts.

And personally, I enjoyed “Despicaple Me,” and “Sing.” They weren’t just “stupid comedy,” as they had some nice heartfelt moments, but I understand they aren’t everyone’s cup of tea.

I’m a bit more optimistic. (Frankly, I’m more excited for Mario then the new MLP Netflix reboot.) After all, nobody expected Sonic to be decent.
Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
@Dragon-Phoenix  
Technically they have a Kirby movie or at least an OVA based on the anime  
full

@Beau Skunky

Illuminations isn’t an awful company but the movies they make are just mostly bland, but I didn’t mind the first Despicable Me film and Sing did have a cool soundtrack at least.  
Speaking of which after looking into it a bit there’s a chance the actors they picked for the movie may really pull a good performance off seeing how both Steve Carell and Russell Brand did a good job playing the characters they were given.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Dr_Osaka  
Actually, that wasn’t really a movie, or OVA. That was the localized version of the last episodes of the 2002 Kirby anime edited together.

I remember the 2-episode Sonic OVA was edited into, and packaged/advertised as a “movie” too outside Japan.
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

I liked the Sonic film (the japanese one), but I think it was outdated. After discovering the Ghibli gems, the Sonic in the 90s felt like an 80s film compared to Whispers of the Heart or Princess Mononoke. I think that says a lot about the OVAs.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide