Mario Discussion

Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@northern haste
I wouldn’t mind that. Seeing as Foreman Spike is in it, and apparently the Mario Brothers’ work boss, this was back when they were carpenters, before they were plumbers. (Or they may just ignore the plumber thing. Supposedly, Miyamoto never considered them as plumbers.)
@igotnopicks
Looking at that, “Apologize to this movie right now” image he posted, he doesn’t seem to think so.
In fact, he’s well aware the original 1993 movie has a huge cult following. (And not just people who like it ironically. I genuinely enjoyed it as a kid.)
I think that went to his head a little…
Still, he really put his foot in his mouth trying to make an “issue” out of it… It really seems like sour-grapes, egotistical of him to say only he can make it work, and trying to bash the new movie.
(And frankly, the 1993 SMB movie cast wasn’t really that diverse.)
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

I don’t think the Super Mario Bros film was a bad film (it has some fascinating production value that, if not for the title of the film, would have been more praised), but I don’t think it was underrated or anything like that.
I’m on the camp of liking it ironically, kinda like Linkin Park or Shrek: I don’t like it, I just love having fun with it.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Ring Team
Yeah, it’s in no way a “perfect film/adaption,” but it’s still amusing, has intetetesting practical special effects, and features for it’s time. Even has some subtle nods to the games.
Sometimes I think it gets overhated, but even I can admit it wasn’t a “great” movie.
While John looks back on it fondly, meanwhile Bob “Mario” Hoskins said he hated making it, calling it the worst movie he ever did. He broke his hand during filming, (and they had to hide his cast with flesh colored paint) and according to him, the husband & wife directors were very egotystical, and made the movie difficult.
I remember Nintendo Power magazine’s later writers loved poking fun at the movie. So apparently many at NOA didn’t like it either. Probably why they haven’t allowed any movie adaptions of any Nintendo franchise until recently.
Ring Team
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

@Beau Skunky
Yeah, I’ve read a lot about what happened behind the scenes, particularly the Bob Hoskins experience.
I think the fact that some people rewatch the film every couple of years prove that this is a very weird and odd pop-culture product from the 90s. If this film wasn’t named Super Mario Bros, it wouldn’t have got that cult following you mentioned. That’s what makes it an oddity.
Not that I mind though. As much as I love Mario games, I don’t have strong feelings about this film. I think it’s a very interesting film from the point of view of a content creator.
northern haste
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Enter if you dare
I remember one thing miyamoto did say about the movie is that It may have became more of a movie based on a video game rather than entertaining movie on it own right
Ring Team
Artist -

I mean, I won’t watch the Mario film (the Illumination one), but I don’t mind talking about it.
I’m not saying anything original, but Charlie Day as Luigi made me laugh. A lot. For days. It was like watching the ending of Once upon a time in Hollywood: Intense and long laughs.
Sparx
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

#115 Wassup Voltage!
Got all the unique moons in Odyssey which was 880 and have a total of 951
Now to need grind 5000 coins to make the counter 999.
Gotta say getting all the moons is pretty daunting. I think I prefer Galaxy overall.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide