Mario Discussion

Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
Oh my god, the Mario movie will have Smash Bros. AND Mario Kart?
The first trailer got me hyped, and now the second trailer is getting me even more excited for it’s release! I gotta say though this movie is looking more and more different from what I imagine, I mean the plot is pretty much what a Mario story would be but I didn’t think Peach would be going along with Mario instead of being the one that has to be rescued, also Mario and Donkey Kong’s confrontation I imagined similar but also different from what we are getting.
I also hope Luigi’s role involves him doing more then just getting captured by Bowser and needing rescue instead of Peach.

With that said the movie looks absolutely amazing and I love they still keep a lot of the video game logic the same, we finally get to hear Luigi and Peach talk, Luigi sounds great and while Peach doesn’t have her Snow White cutesy voice like from the games I think the voice still works with her character.
No lines from Donkey & Cranky yet, almost makes you wonder if Seth Rogan is actually gonna have any lines.
Overall can’t wait to see the movie, and I’m just loving all the easter eggs being thrown at us! (Peach wearing her Kart suit and the Fure dress is great, Mario in the Tanooki suit, even Funky Kong has an appearance.)
…also YOSHI ARE IN THE MOVIE!!!!
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
Y’know, I still hope to see Foreman Spike’s design too. I’m glad to see the movie makers are geeky enough to allow an obscure character like that to come back, and even Nintendo is fine with that.
…(Unlike Sega, whom actually forbids certain Sonic characters from returning in the comics, and such…)
Maybe we’ll see Spike return in the next Mario Kart, or as an assist trophy in the next Smash. I like seeing old characters get a surge in popularity.
SleepySteve
Duck - Believes in a quack for a quack. Not a fan of being civil to others.
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Apples and Pears
Kinda getting annoyed by all the fanboys wondering where Link and Kirby are in the movie ignoring (conveniently) that Illumination/Universal likely only have the rights to the Mario, Yoshi and Donkey Kong characters and nothing else.
Posted Report
Background Pony #2FA3
@SleepySteve
Most of it could just be goofing around. They might not actually be serious. Or they could just be theorising or wondering if there is going to be a movie like those in the future
Posted Report
Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Sata Andagi!
A couple things I noticed watching the trailer multiple times

They showed us a map of the world they live in, there’s of course Yoshi’s Island and Kong’s island but there’s also a desert location which could be Sarasaland which means there’s a chance Daisy might make an appearance in the film.
Peach says “there is a whole universe out there.” Which could be a reference to Mario Galaxy so there’s the possibility of that game being connected to the movie (though they might save that for a sequel)

The poster with Donkey Kong has a very small cameo of Diddy, Dixie, and Swanky from the DK series which would be cool to actually see in the movie.
So there’s plenty to speculate until the release, plus given what information was in the trailers we can sort of piece together some of how the story may play out now.
Posted Report
SleepySteve
Duck - Believes in a quack for a quack. Not a fan of being civil to others.
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Apples and Pears
So some new short TV spots were released in some countries and came with some new footage. Apparently it looks like Mario and Luigi were separated when they went down the pipe to the Mushroom Kingdom, explaining why Luigi might have ended up in Bowser’s world.
Dr_Osaka

Sata Andagi!
A friend of mine brought up a funny idea for the movie:
So we all know that the Mario Bros. in this movie are actual plumbers running their own business.
She brought up how funny it would be if they had their own homemade commercial to advertise their business and in the commercial Mario puts on a fake Italian accent as part of his character in the ads meaning that Mario basically sounds normal when not putting on a show. She even comments that Charles Martinet could voice Mario for the commercial as well.
Posted Report
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

I saw the second trailer at the time, but I didn’t have time to share my thoughts here.
The art and composition is great, but I’m a little skeptical about the animation. I find the animation too light and too harmless for that. Donkey Kong doesn’t punch Mario, he slaps him in the face. If they want to do physical humor, then I suggest to work on the anticipation and timing. The sound design should also help to make the hits more impactful.
And I’m not saying “so you want Mario to be Mortal Kombat?”. I’m saying that physical humor is more fun when you feel the impact of the hits. If you want a great example of what I’m saying, check out the Tom & Jerry classic shorts. Look at the animation, look at the frames, pay attention to the sound. And then go watch this trailer.
I also expected a more chaotic Charlie Day as Luigi. Maybe his scene wasn’t the best example and he will have more funny moments. We’ll see.
Chris Pratt still doesn’t convince me as Mario. I think Nintendo did a Hollywood starter pack with the cast.
While I like the Mario Kart bit, I have very low expectations for the movie. After all, it’s still an Illumination movie. I wouldn’t be even surprised if they introduced some Minions, fart jokes or pop songs for the background.
Posted Report
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@Ring Team
Fart jokes maybe, but I doubt that they’ll incorporate Minions or even IRL pop songs except for most likely the big soundtrack song that’ll play in yhe credits.
Posted Report
Ring Team
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Saw the sequence. And I have two problems:
1- It’s so damn loud. I expected some loudness because it’s Illumination, but they seem to really really dislike silence.
2- The pacing of the sequence was too fast.
I don’t think I’m gonna be that interested in the movie in the long run. But at least it looks appealing.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide