Metal Music General - All Sub-Genres Welcome

Lord Hypno
Non-Fungible Trixie -
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@.44caliberloveletter  
I love Rage For Order, not as metal as the other Ryche releases from that era but still pretty interesting and full of catchy melodies. Still has the dystopian sci-fi feel to it that I dig in The Warning. I just prefer the more power metal oriented feel of The Warning.
Lord Hypno
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

A lot of newer thrash metal bands bore me, I hate how all newer thrash has to have those stupid punking “shouting” vocals, lyrics about partying and beer, no melodic sections, and flat sounding “modern” production.

Bring back thrash with clean singing and lyrics that aren’t about partying please.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
A lot of The Hu, a Mongolian metal band, sounds a bit like country metal.

I bet they’d like moonshine.
SNESChalmers
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

What have I become...
@TheHappySpaceman  
Favorite guitar duos and dual guitar parts…oh boy so many I could list.

I’ll go with three off the top of my head: Between the Buried and Me, Protest the Hero, Animals As Leaders.  
As for best dual guitar parts: “Moonlight” by Protest the Hero (they have a lot of great guitar moments) and “Dream the Dead” by Caligula’s Horse.

Again, there’s a lot more out there, but that’s just stuff that immediately comes to mind for me.
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
@SNESChalmers  
For me, Queensrÿche’s Chris DeGarmo and Michael Wilton without question have some of my favorite dual guitar parts (Revolution Calling, Another Rainy Night, Empire, and obviously Eyes of a Stranger come to mind). Def Leppard’s first two albums have some surprisingly great parts, too; Overture is full of them, and the intro to Bringin’ on the Heartbreak is iconic.

I don’t even think I need to mention Iron Maiden, of course.
Lord Hypno
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I think Warlord - Deliver Us is by far my all time favorite metal EP.

Anyone here ever listened to the Christian heavy/power metal band Warlord? Deliver Us (EP) and The Cannons of Destruction are both absolutely fantastic albums.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
I was just reminded of a lost classic.

Anvil, considered one of the founders of heavy metal, only to fall into obscurity come the 90s.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide