Super Smash Bros General Thread

Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
@Beau Skunky  
I’d say Bandana Dee is a lame choice to have, but after Smash made an awesome character out of a freaking Piranha Plant, I can’t really say anything there. Geno though is a character I never got the hype for, even after playing SMRPG
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Kiryu-Chan  
Well, Geno has interesting weapons/abilities, and his wooden caped heroic puppet look gives him a unique look compared to all the humans & other creatures in SSB. So I can understand the hype.

I don’t get the hype for Waluigi frankly, (whom oftentimes tops “Most wanted” SSB charts) as honestly he doesn’t really do anything, so they’d have to take liberties with him. (I like one person’s idea that he could use attacks based on the Mario sports/party/ect. spinoffs.)  
Also, frankly with him already in as an Assist, he’s probably not likely until the next SSB comes out for a new future Nintendo console. Though, many fans insist he can somehow be both, simply because Li’l Mac, Isabelle, & Charizard used to be assists, but they’re not simultaneously both assists & playables in the new Ultimate game.  
Overall, I have doubts for both Geno & Waluigi, but as I said before… You never know.

I hear Paper Mario is a popular request from Japanese fans, though I’d only like him, if he’s different from Mario & Dr. Mario.
09MurphyM

@Beau Skunky  
Yup, the same goes for Shantae, Duster, Waluigi, spear waddle Dee, and other highly popular suggestions. Also, Waluigi wouldn’t work as DLC because he has no source material to draw from other then Mario Spinoffs.
Background Pony #D5E8
I really don’t think Bandana Dee can make it. It’s WAY too minor to be a DLC.  
Also Shantae is a spirit, so I don’t think she will make it. Same goes for characters from Residenr Evil and Astral Chain for the same reason.

Right now my prime choices for future Smash DLC are Crash Bandicoot, Dante and Geno. For the rest they can add whatever they want.
Jarkes
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@Background Pony #14DA

Ah, we’re already putting arbitrary rules for what makes a character “worthy” again even though pretty much every excuse for that is officially no longer valid with what we’ve had now.
Background Pony #D5E8
@Jarkes

Who would pay 6 dollars for a minor character like Bandana Dee? Joker, The Hero, Banjo, Terry and even Byleth all had their big fanbases you know. But Bandana Dee… he doesn’t really reaches those levels. Besides he’s not even a protagonist. In both Smash 4 and Ultimate, the DLC Characters were always protagonists of the games they came from. This is why I’m excluding him (and no, don’t pull in Piranha Plant in this, it was a bonus for first acquirers, a different kind of DLC, and even after the offer ended it still doesn’t even cost as much as the others). Did you even think about that?
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Jarkes  
True, and Geno’s the second ally you get in SMRPG, and important to the game’s storyline.

@Background Pony #14DA  
I’d pay $5.

@Jarkes  
Agreed, remember people said K.Rool shouldn’t be in sense he’s no longer the main villain of the DKC series? Or that Ridley was “too big,” and such?

@09MurphyM  
Duster is popular?

@Kiryu-Chan  
@Beau Skunky
Honestly, I’m like, 80% sure most of the hype for Waluigi is entirely do to his meme status

Maybe, though some try to argue Ridley was “just a meme” too, even though his “too big” meme was kinda against his inclusion, or mocking fans that wanted him.
Random-Rambling
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
In the interest of fairness, here are examples of the worst of both extremes regarding the Byleth announcement.

Yep, looks about right. Saw all this during the Pokemon Sword/Shield controversy.

“GAME FREAK AND NINTENDO ARE LAZY, LYING MOTHERFUCKERS FOR THE DUMPSTER FIRE THAT IS SWORD/SHIELD! CUTTING HALF OF THE POKEMON FOR NO REASON!”

vs.

“OH BOO FUCKING HOO, THE GAME IS GREAT! WE ALL KNOW YOU’RE GOING TO BUY IT ANYWAY!”
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide