Super Smash Bros General Thread

igotnopicks
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Splatoon thread

Monado User
@Random-Rambling  
Forgot about everyone else Leon’s last name is Powalski. Pigma’s last name is Dengar. Andrew’s last name is Oikonny.

The only character without a last name in Starfox is Krystal.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@igotnopicks  
In the original SNES game & Nintendo Power comic series. Fox’s Dad’s original name was “Fox McCloud Sr.,” (meaning Fox is Jr.?) but they changed it to “James” for “Star Fox 64” to differentiate it more.

@igotnopicks  
There’s also Bill Grey, and Katt Monroe.

Star Fox 2’s Miyu & Fay don’t have last names though. Some fans call her “Fay Spaniel,” but it’s not official. (And I think she’s actually a poodle.)
igotnopicks
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Monado User
@Wiimeiser  
James McCloud was a driver in F-Zero in alternate universe.

Also when you look at James McCloud you can see some starfox motif. Especially in Smash Brothers as a trophy.
Background Pony #40E6
I never got why Fox, Falco, and Wolf have “actual” last names, but the rest are like “Slippy Toad” and “Peppy Hare”.

I don’t know either. Maybe someone at Nintendo knows…oh wait.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Background Pony #6B54  
Does it matter? I assume it was to make it more obvious which animal has which name.

Some characters like Bill Grey don’t have any animal motifs in their naming though.

@Wiimeiser  
Actually, the fox James McCloud predates the human one by a year, so F-Zero was actually referencing SF64.  
Star Fox & F-Zero share alot of the same developers including art/character designer Takaya Imamura, hence this reference.

Not to mention, Octoman from F-Zero was used in the DS game “Star Fox Command” as a boss character piloting a mech. However, the F-Zero Octoman was not a villain, so maybe these are more like alternative universes?
igotnopicks

Monado User
@Prince Areo  
That’s okay. I will open a room tomorrow for people too.

I turned off stage hazards but I’ll keep items. Because I want to see if anybody can beat my Amiibo without using Ike Up B or Chrom Up B those are broken.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide