Super Smash Bros General Thread

Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
So does anyone still want the option to put unrelated music in unrelated stages in future updates?

Only ones I’d like to do really is, use the Gang-Plank Galleon remixes (K. Rool’s theme) on the Pirate Ship level, or use King Dedede’s theme in the Punch-Out!! boxing ring level.

Other then that, most probably wouldn’t feel right.
bg poni
Economist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

@WyrmSpawN  
I could see it. You mean scrolling vertically or horizontally? What I hope is this inspires them to include is a favourites tab. Similarly to how you can toggle which stages can be selected when playing random, have a third tab that displays only the stages you fav’d in that ruleset.
bg poni
Economist -

@Random-Rambling  
I think that if they make a DLC tab, they’ll stick Pass 1’s stages in there too. That’s what they did with Sm4sh’s DLC stages. Regardless of whether or not they were packaged with a character, all the DLC stages were on a separate tab.
09MurphyM

@Jarkes  
Yeah, even the milestones were never really updated to account for the DLC. I mentioned this before but I got the milestone for completing classic mode with all characters after beating Isabelle’s route. Even though I am doing them in the actual order.
09MurphyM

Apparently, one explanation for there being spirit battles featuring Kirby, despite him being the only one to escape Galeem’s attack, is that Galeem was able to analyze kirby with an unknown method.
09MurphyM

I really do love how each classic mode route in Ultimate actually has a theme or meaning. For example, Jigglypuff’s route has you fight the first 12 fighters in the series.
Red-Supernova
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Thread Starter - The Mega Man thread!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Passionate opinionator
@Beau Skunky  
Maybe some people just want to joke around with putting unfitting music in unfitting stages. But I want to put the songs that were on older stages in older Smash games back in the stages. Like the Mario Kart stages using music from other Mario related multiplayer spinoffs, 75M and Mario Bros using other vintage NES/Famicom music, the Mach Rider remix on the F-Zero levels, the SMB3 remix on Yoshi’s Island like Marx suggested, in fact, let that stage use other old school Mario music too, its a Mario level as well.  
There is so much music under Other that can work in the other stages based on the bigger series. They already worked in the previous Smash games, why can’t they be put back in their rightful places? I’m not asking for Kirby music in Dracula’s Castle. But if somebody wants to put it in there for shits and giggles, let them have it.
Background Pony #D5E8
I must admit thought, that Sakurai initiative with the Indie characters is quite nice. Even thought he’s putting them as just Mii skins, he’s doing it in a way that people can actually feel the characters. A sort of like “Young Smash Characters of tomorrow” initiative. I like it.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Background Pony #14DA  
Plus, in fairness Cuphead fits as a Mii Gunner, because honestly shooting things is practically all you do in that game.

@Red-Supernova  
Calm down, I didn’t say nobody was allowed to do it, or want it. As I said I wouldn’t mind that feature either, but it’s not a huge priority/desire for me.

It is a li’l odd you can’t use Mario music in Yoshi or MK stages though. Giving the “Other” genre music more options would be nice.  
Maybe they could add a “custom music” slot to each stage list, that way player’s don’t go overboard giving every stage unfitting music, if that’s what the developers are worried about.

A boss rush mode would be nice. (It’d be nice to fight Marx, Dracula, ect. any time you want, and time trial them.)
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
A boss rush mode would be nice. (It’d be nice to fight Marx, Dracula, ect. any time you want, and time trial them.)

IIRC Sakurai said there’ll be no more new modes. But you can always ask him yourself…
Background Pony #D5E8
Am I the only who immagine a funny scene with Waluigi and Isaac drinking about the fact that they’re still Assist Trophy, while characters like Sans and Cuphead, albeith as “fighters in training” managed to join the fight directly? A comic like that would be funny, lol.
Red-Supernova
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Thread Starter - The Mega Man thread!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Passionate opinionator
@Beau Skunky  
Well, its a big priority/desire for me since what I like in Smash is different compared to everyone else.

A custom music slot would be nice. I would probably have to change what track to put in a lot since there’s a lot of good choices for each stage.

Umm, where did I recommend a boss rush mode?

@Wiimeiser  
I want Smash Run to come back. That was a fun mode.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide