API Deprecation Notice: We are retiring the previous version of our API. Please make sure you update your third party apps! More info

Super Smash Bros General Thread

Background Pony #14DA
I don't understand why people claim that Crash Bandicoot would be unlikely to come. Many people claim that it's impossible due to Activision possessing the IP, and being Activision one of the richest developers in the world, they wouldn't borrow their IPs to anyone…. you mean like the fact that Banjo-Kazooie is technically a Microsoft franchise? And yet the characters are in the game now. So what's so different for Crash Bandicoot? I don't see that unlikely now.

Anyway, since according Sakurai all the six new DLC characters should be released by December, I think the frequency of their announcements will be higher than the last year.
Posted Report
Background Pony #14DA
Speaking of Fire Emblem in Smash Bros… you know, I like to think that the Corrin in Smash Bros series is the one from Fire Emblem Warriors, not the one from her original game (I know that I should say their as Corrin can be male or female, but… I like her female design better so I go with her by default, lol). The reason is simple: they seem to be completely different characters. The Corrin from Warriors is a caring character that shows support to her friends but also has several inner insecurities. The one from Fates is a FU* IDIOT. I like Corrin's design and in Smash bros she has a very cool moveset. But her character in Fates is… just dreadful. In my headcanon I prefer to think that the Corrin in Smash Bros is the one from Warriors, not Fates.
Posted Report
Red-Supernova
Friendship, Art, and Magic (5 Years) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Thread Starter - The Mega Man thread!
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Passionate opinionator
@09MurphyM
I just liked fighting enemies from so many different series. Even though most of them were Miyamoto and Sakurai creations.

@Jarkes
I got some enjoyment out of Smash Tour when grinding for equipment pieces and tickets for Crazy Orders. But I know that nobody is gonna miss it.

@Jarkes
We have to go through all of this year and next year to see all of Challenger Pack #2?!

@The Equestrian Zodiac
I'm glad to see that more and more Spirits are slowly getting added into the game. Not to mention they're plugging game franchises that might not get a playable representative but still get some sort of representation anyway.
(I want to start River City Ransom over since I feel like I need a guide to complete that game.)
Posted Report
Red-Supernova
Friendship, Art, and Magic (5 Years) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - The Mega Man thread!

Passionate opinionator
@09MurphyM
Well, Sakurai does need the break after all his hard work and I knew it was eventually coming. But when things are down to the last two of the pack ho boy, the Smash community's pent-up rage is gonna hit really hard depending how long it takes between fighter reveals and if the fighter is someone they never wanted.
Posted Report
Wiimeiser
Artist -
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event

(Foil Hat)
My guesses for characters 76-100. Warning: Randomness ahead, also 100% fake. See how easy it is to make a convincing leak?

76. Cinderace
77. Tingle
78. Paper Mario
79. Nuru
80. Doom Slayer
81. Reimu
82. Ryu Hayabusa
83. Razputin
84. Giana
85. Dante
86. Crash Bandicoot
87. Klonoa
88. Arle Nadja
89. Lu Bu
90. Nina Williams
91. Master Chief
92. Another bloody Fire Emblem character
93. Mortimer Goth
94. Coaster Ant
95. Ferris Wheeler
96. Death Panda
97. Any Gen IX Starter
98. Kyrbi
99. Hazel Fitzpatrick
100. Puppysmiles Cutiebadonkadonk

All up to and including Master Chief will come with a stage, as will the last three (A'aville, Kessler Sphere and Altus Bastion) and Mortimer, all but the non-FE first-party characters will also come with 10-12 songs and 5-9 spirits (Paper Mario will come with 1 song and 999 spirits. Every PM spirit is a Toad)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Travelling Pony Museum

Derpibooru costs over $25 a day to operate - help support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: *bold* _italic_ [spoiler]hide text[/spoiler] @code@ +underline+ -strike- ^sup^ ~sub~