Super Smash Bros General Thread

09MurphyM

@Jarkes  
I don’t think people are making up new rules. They are simply making assumptions and guesses based on how Sakurai has determined which characters deserved to be fighters and which ones should be spirits.
09MurphyM

@Jarkes  
If Sakurai wanted to make characters like Geno into fighters, he would have done so during the development of the game instead of randomly deciding to do it long after the game came out.
Random-Rambling
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
I hate how people keep putting this arbitrary non-existent “rules” for what makes a character viable to be added into the game. Literally the ONLY actual, legit “rule” is “must be a video game character.”

Thank you.
09MurphyM

As much as I would love to see characters like Geno and Duster become playable, I feel that it is just wishful thinking that Sakurai will suddenly decide to turn them into playable characters.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Jarkes  
@Random-Rambling  
I still think Assist trophies are unlikely though, as technically those characters are already in the game, just not playable. Plus, it’d be confusing for the players to have both a playable Waluigi, Shadow, or Krystal, (or ect.) on the field with their exact twin assist running around too.  
Still, fans argue they’re likely… But as I said before, you never know.

Still, there aren’t many requests for characters like Samurai Goroh, or Knuckle Joe to join the roster. Waluigi seems to be the only assist everyone wants. (Ones like Shadow the hedgehog or Krystal are a bit more niché.)  
As I said before, I bet Waluigi will be the first character announced for the next SSB game on the next Nintendo console. According to most SSB fan request lists, polls, ect. he’s the #1 requested character oddly.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Jarkes  
I thought they removed him? I’ll have to check again later.

Still, a Final Smash animation isn’t quite the same as an Assist character. When characters like Charizard, Isabelle, and Li’l Mac were promoted to playable, their assist summon unplayable forms were removed in their debut games.  
Also, Ridley’s no longer a “boss” character.

Taking that into account, technically Charizard & Ridley were already in every SSB game if you count their unplayable/cameo appearances.  
(Ridley cameos in the background of the Brinstar stage in the original N64 SSB, and cameos in Melee’s intro, and was a trophy. Back then, that actually lead to rumors that Ridley was a secret character in Melee. Same for Wolf O’Donnell, and Samurai Goroh.)
09MurphyM

If Kingdom hearts does somehow get chosen for smash, either as DLC or as a spirit board event, I wonder how sakurai would manage the disney side of things.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
Ridley was memed heavily for Smash.

Frankly, alot of the old Ridley memes I saw were anti-Ridley, kinda negative, and mocking those that wanted him, like the “TOO BIG” meme.

Heck, there were even some here on Derpibooru from back then. (Which are now very ironic.)

Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Jarkes  
Sort’ve, as people took something he said, twisted it, and meme’d it.

That said, I’m actually glad to see more villainous characters in SSB.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide