Super Smash Bros General Thread

Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@09MurphyM  
Yeah, so they’re likely going to scrap some characters, most likely some echos, or niché ones like Dark Samus, and Daisy. Or take out less popular ones like Pichu, Young Link, and Dr. Mario.

But people won’t care, ‘cause they’ll likely get Waluigi in their place in the next game most likely.  
(Heck, some are angry Ridley got in over him. Ironically, Ridley was the previous “highly requested/yet unlikely” character of the previous SSB generation, or the “Waluigi” of the WiiU/3DS era.)
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@09MurphyM  
Perhaps, but I don’t think every first-party (or second-party) will return either, as they probably don’t want the roster to be too big.

Sense “Ultimate” focused mainly on bringing every character back, as well as alot of returning stages, I think next game they’re going to focus on new stages, and stuff.
Red-Supernova
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Thread Starter - The Mega Man thread!
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Passionate opinionator
@Beau Skunky  
I think every character staying should be a permanent thing in Smash games but that’s just me. I don’t think it would be fair to leave some characters behind, especially since they have fans who main them. But I know companies like Square-Enix don’t give a fuck.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Jarkes  
I’m fine with just playing VS mode with friends, or computers, with over 80 characters, and over a hundred stages frankly.  
I’d rather have those then too many single player modes to chose from.

In fact, Brawl & WiiU had so many I usually had trouble chosing a mode sometimes. But I suppose “The World of Light” could’ve used some sidescrolling stages, maybe done more like Melee, then Brawl’s SSE mode.
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
@Red-Supernova  
I don’t think every character return. I only see third party franchises being cut, but I see only Mario, Donkey Kong, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Zelda, Pokemon, Fire Emblem, Star Fox, Metroid, and Animal Crossing still having multiple characters, and only Animal Crossing, Kirby, Kid Icarus, and possibly Donkey Kong and Metroid will not see characters cut. As for who will get cut?  
Here’s who stays in the others:  
Mario- Mario, Luigi, Peach, Daisy, Bowser, Bowser Jr  
Zelda- Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Possibly Sheik, Possibly Toon Link  
Pokemon- Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Charizard (if not Pokemon Trainer outright), Possibly Lucario, Cinderace, Gen9 fire starter stage 3; Mewtwo will be set aside for DLC  
Fire Emblem- Marth, Lucina, Ike, Possibly Roy, Chrom if Roy returns, Byleth  
Star Fox- Fox, Falco  
Metroid- Samus, Dark Samus, Possibly Zero Suit Samus, Possibly Ridley  
Also, Lucas will be set aside for DLC  
The following third party franchises will return: Sonic, Pac-man, Mega Man, Street Fighter, Bayonetta, Persona, Fatal Fury. Banjo-Kazooie will be set aside for DLC.
bg poni
Economist -

@igotnopicks  
@Beau Skunky  
The OG 12 don’t automatically get a free pass. Jigglypuff was going to be missing from Brawl originally, but made it in because it was delayed to add Sonic. It’s the reason she doesn’t appear in SSE outside of the cutscene where you unlock her. Ness was also going to be replaced by Lucas outright, but again, because they had more time he got to stay. Though Ness wouldn’t have to fear being replaced had Sakurai known Mother 3 wasn’t going to come to the west because apparently Lucas wouldn’t have been in at all had he known.
Jarkes
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@bg poni

Lucas was originally going to be in both the original game AND Melee, but because of Mother 3 being in development hell for so long it didn’t happen.
Wiimeiser
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
@igotnopicks  
@Beau Skunky  
Ness and Captain Falcon are staying, I mentioned that no first party franchises would be completely cut (except maybe one or two retro ones)  
So the complete fighters list would be:  
Mario  
Luigi  
Peach  
Daisy  
Bowser  
Bowser Jr  
Genoˤ  
Wario  
Waluigiˤ  
Yoshi  
Donkey Kong  
Diddy Kong  
Dixie Kong*  
King K. Rool*  
Link  
Zelda  
Sheik  
Ganondorf  
Toon Link*  
Tingle*  
Midna^  
Pikachu  
Jigglypuff  
Charizard  
Ivysaur*  
Squirtle*  
Lucario^  
Cinderace*  
Currently-undesigned Gen9 Fire Starter*  
Kirby  
Meta Knight  
King Dedede  
Pit  
Dark Pit  
Palutena  
Fox  
Falco  
Ness  
Captain Falcon  
Marth  
Lucina  
Ike  
Roy*  
Chrom*  
Byleth  
The new FE protagonist  
Samus  
Dark Samus  
Zero Suit Samus  
Ridley*  
Olimar  
Mr. Game & Watch  
Ice Climbers*  
Villager  
Isabelle*  
R.O.B.  
Little Mac  
Wii Fit Trainer*  
Shulk  
Duck Hunt*  
Inkling  
Mii Fighters  
Sonic  
Pac-Man  
Mega Man  
Ryu*  
Ken*  
Bayonetta*  
Joker*  
Banjo & Kazooie*  
Terry  
Spring Man  
Takamaruˤ  
Sable Princeˤ  
Dillon*  
Isaac^  
Reimu^  
Akira Howard  
The Protagonist of the rumored new Nintendo First Party IP  
Pockle (Giftpia)  
Some returning Fighters Pass 2 characters*  
Dovahkiin*  
Worm (Worms)^  
Norn (Creatures)^  
Earthworm Jim^  
Rayman*  
Shantae*  
Lloyd Irving*  
Klonoa^  
An Atelier rep*  
Quote*  
Sans*  
Cuphead*  
Hazel Fitzpatrickˤ  
Zinnia Symbolicˤ >>2249417  
Puppysmiles Cutiebadonkadonkˤ

*Viable and likely, but not certain  
^Viable but unlikely  
ˤFat chance (but not impossible)

EDIT: That’s 51 characters who have a strong chance of returning (the ones with no symbol)
Shyette
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Yuri (NSFW)
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

I want coffiee
I think Amatarsu is the “Smashiest” third party charter left to be added, but Sakari is a mad man so who knows.
Shyette
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Yuri (NSFW)

I want coffiee
My thoughts would be to have her normal A moves use the reflector, her smash attacks use glaves and her air attacks use rosary beads.

B would be Power Slash. a straight slash to attack a foe that’s straight ahead.

Maybe Fire for her side B.

Her up B would be vine a sakrua comes out of nowhere and she grapples it.

Her down be would be a cherry bomb.

She could use vine fore her grabs also.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
I’m actually surprised Spring Man, (with maybe Ribbon Girl as an echo fighter) didn’t make it.  
“Arms” is a nice quirky new Nintendo I.P. that needs more love, and could use the SSB promotion.  
I guess the long-reach punches might give him too much of an advantage, but they could maybe nerf them to about Simon’s/Richter’s whip length, or MegaMan’s A-button shots’ length. (Or a tiny bit longer.) And they could be a weakness too, as they could leave him open if they miss, or a fighter jumps over their attacks.

@Jarkes  
Banjo Kazooie was actually considered for Melee, as even developers on it wanted them. (If the Rare Microsoft buy-out didn’t happen, they probably would’ve been in Brawl.)

King Dedede & Bowser were even considered for the original.
Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
@Beau Skunky  
Yeah it’s a shame Spring Man couldn’t be playable, but hey there’s always next time cause after all the game has risen in popularity and as seen by Little Mac and Isabelle even Assist Trophies can become playable
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide