Super Smash Bros General Thread

Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Red-Supernova  
At least, they gave us plenty of Dragon Warrior stuff, (though, that’s more the Enix side) and didn’t refuse Cloud’s return.

Regardless, they seem less liberal in allowing their franchise’s representation in SSBU. (Only 2 FF7 songs, taken directly from the game. Even Sonic got more then that.) Which is why many players doubt Geno will make it in. (Though, I kinda doubted Steve/Alex, and just expected them to be Mii Sworder costumes.)
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
@igotnopicks

@Beau Skunky  
It was less ending it with a Nintendo character and more having another FE sword user, and I loved Three Houses. Arms was announced as the first of the second pass and everyone was fairly happy with it, especially when it turned out to be Min Min
Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
…….well I’ll give Sakurai this: I did not see that coming.  
Other then that I’m just dumbfounded that Minecraft was able to get the Smash treatment, something that I assumed people voted for as a joke not to be taken seriously, but then again at this point I’m willing to believe anything now if Steve can get into Smash.
Background Pony #DBC2
There needs to be art of Steve and Inkling saying, “OK, Boomer” to Mario.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Dr_Osaka  
It wasn’t because of the fan-votes, nor poll, Sakurai said Nintendo themselves asked to add Minecraft to SSBU.

@Kiryu-Chan  
In fairness, Blythe at least uses other weapons, including a bow, and ax, trademark FE weapons that haven’t been used until now. So they aren’t even strictly a “sworder.” (And people were fine with DW “Hero” using a sword.)  
Saying Blythe only uses a sword would be like saying Steve only uses a sword.

Also, I don’t get why lately SSB fans are so biased against sword-users, yet never complain about SSB also having many gunners, (Fox, Falco, Wolf, Samus, Dark Samus, Bayonetta, Joker, ect.) or bare-handed human fighters, (Ken, Ryu, Terry, Captain Falcon) fire-users, (Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Kirby, Charizard, Inceneroar, Captain Falcon, Roy, ect.) magic-users, (Peach, Zelda, Robin, Hero) and such.  
So when you think about it, it’s not just “sword users” that are overdone, and would they be happier if all sworders, including Link were gone?

In fact, ironically, Ganondorf was given a sword for his Smash attacks, because fans for years complained about him not using a sword.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
@Beau Skunky  
Once again, I think it’s the prospect of another FE sword user. They all just blend too much with each other, with Robin being the only one who actually tries to differentiate
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Kiryu-Chan  
Corrin was pretty different too, in all fairness.

And ironically, Chrom whom is basically an Ike/Roy combination echo was a highly requested character, even by American FE fans.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Background Pony #91Z0  
Me too, I think the Minecraft stage looks promising too, (and looks to be randomly generated like the Mario Maker stage, or maybe it just has alts like the Balloon Fight stage) I hope chickens, and stuff spawn, and drop food when defeated. Maybe Creepers too, as a hazard.

@igotnopicks  
Yeah, but they still wanted him, and he’s a sworder.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@igotnopicks  
Or any SSB game. All the others are from one FE game. Marth is from the first.

Meanwhile, the very first EarthBound/Mother series character, Ninten has yet to ever make a SSB appearance. Though, in fairness, he’s basically just Ness without a backpack.
Red-Supernova
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Thread Starter - The Mega Man thread!
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Passionate opinionator
I never saw the appeal in Minecraft but damn I am looking forward to seeing how Steve will play!

@Beau Skunky  
I still want to find out the mystery behind why Square is so hesitant about their properties being represented in Smash Bros.  
I had a feeling Minecraft was gonna get some representation but in the form of a playable fighter? That took me by surprise.

@Beau Skunky  
I still have a hard time believing that all character decisions were all presented by Nintendo. Isn’t Sakurai a big fan of the Persona series and SNK/NeoGeo history?
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Red-Supernova  
Some like Ridley, and K.Rool were done as a fan service, but Nintendo supposedly helped decide on the DLC ones.

I was surprised too, as I expected Steve/Alex to just be Mii costumes.

Also, Minecraft is actually pretty cool.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide