Super Smash Bros General Thread

Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

I think the only character inclusion I didn’t like was Pyra/Mythra, because I don’t like Xenoblade 2 and because I think she has a very sexist design. It’s like a combination of Kill la Kill and all the worst things of Final Fantasy.

I can’t complain too much about it because the game has more than 80 fighters. I have other favourites.

But I think the next and last character will be very exciting.
Ring Team
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

I think it’s fine. I can’t imagine someone getting upset because of the absence of Smash Bros.

Speaking of fine, the new Nintendo Direct was pretty good!
Dr_Osaka
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
Jeez we gotta wait another 2 weeks before the final reveal, couldn’t they have dropped a hint or clue or something the wait is killing me.
Ring Team
Artist -

@Dr_Osaka  
I don’t wanna sound contrarian, but 2 weeks is more than enough for some people to get what the clue is.

I prefer nothing, just to make the surprise even more surprising.
Dirty Bit
Thread Starter - Hazbin Hotel Thread [Possible NSFW/Dark]
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

That's him, officer
@Dr_Osaka

This is the final reveal trailer we’re talking about, and a presentation combo, at that. If anything, Samurai’s building up hype in some folks
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
I can wait honestly, and I agree, the Direct was great. (Actraiser! FUll 3D Kirby! N64! Banjo! Another Castlevania collection! Bayonetta!)

@igotnopicks  
He has “died” the most so far.
Ring Team
Artist -

I said this in the videogame thread, but I think it fits more here:

The more I think of it, the more I believe Sora won’t be in Smash. I think the problem is the Disney characters. I can’t imagine Sora without the Disney characters, but I also can’t imagine Sora being in Smash Bros because of that reason, especially considering that Disney represents 50% of Kingdom Hearts.

Let’s face it: If Sakurai ended up putting non-videogame characters with Sora (which are Donald and Goofy) in Smash, it would open the Pandora box and people will constantly ask for Goku even though he’s not a videogame character.

I think it would be awesome to see Sora in Smash, but I think it’s impossible because of this.
Background Pony #850C
Are Pyra and Mythra sisters?

I’ve never played a Xenoblade game, so I don’t know.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Ring Team  
Yeah, I’m kinda in the camp that believes SSB should stay solely game characters.

I know non-games ones have potential, but that kinda steals character spots from legit game characters, kinda taking away the original purpose of Smash. It also might cause fans to go overboard requesting non-game characters, (more then they already do) and due to licensing issues it’d be difficult, and expensive to get those characters in.  
And being a Japanese game with mostly Japanese characters, people might get mad if they don’t include characters like “Batman,” (who aren’t very popular in Japan) and such causing more controversy, and drama.  
So for the good of the series, it might need to stay game characters only.

And Nickelodeon has their own Smash clone coming out, so that might get people to stop requesting SpongeBob, or the Ninja Turtles unironically.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide