Pokemon General [SFW, No NSFW]

igotnopicks
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Splatoon thread

Monado User
@Meanlucario  
Hop is always second banana. He can’t achieve anything. He talks about his brother more than himself. He living in his brother’s shadow. And that’s oof.

Hau is much worse than Hop.
Rabidcabbit
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Since the Beginning  -

Touch Fluffy Tail
@igotnopicks

@Meanlucario

They both suck it doesn’t matter which is “worse” they’re both shit rivals.

Bede almost made for a half decent rival, but he got disowned the Rose and got picked up by the old Fairy gym leader, and his Rival status kind of ended there.
Rabidcabbit
Since the Beginning  -

Touch Fluffy Tail
@igotnopicks

Marnie’s design is fantastic, but she almost has no personality at all.

Which is sad, because she’s like one of the best looking characters in the entire game.
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
I decided to play some Mystery Dungeon XD yesterday before bed. I was able to clear my name, and wish that they kept the line where they question Gangar’s lack of proof instead of replacing it with “we don’t need proof to trust them.”

@Littlecabbit  
I honestly think that Hau is overhated. And at least they’re both better than 3/4 of X/Y’s rivals, who are practically non-existent until the plot remembers them.

@igotnopicks  
At least Hau can talk about stuff other than his grandfather, unlike Hop whose dialogue is only there to remind us that Leon is his brother, is the undefeated champion, and has a charzard.

@Littlecabbit  
Wouldn’t Marnie being a gymleader’s sister who is thinking of replacing them also disqualify her than?
Rabidcabbit
Since the Beginning  -

Touch Fluffy Tail
@Meanlucario

Hau overhated? …yes actually, he probably is, he would be a mostly inoffensive but slightly annoying NPC if he wasn’t blatently supposed to be your rival, and the fact that he’s incapable of even taking that role seriously in Sun and Moon, along with his always nice and cheery reactions is what nets him all of that hate

Hop stops you in your tracks every fifteen minutes to tell you a whole lot of nothing, the kid would probably be despised even if he wasn’t your literal rival.

Whether Marnie and Bede remain your rival throughout the game I suppose depends on how loose your definition of “Rival” is in the context of Pokemon games, they both still want to be champion even after the fact so there’s that I guess.
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Littlecabbit  
Even the game points out that he’s so cheery because he fears losing if he takes things seriously. It’s not that hard to understand.

If the X/Y “rivals” count, than so do Marnie and Bede. I miss the pre-Black/White 2 rivals.
Rabidcabbit
Since the Beginning  -

Touch Fluffy Tail
@Meanlucario

Therein lies the problem with the pokemon games, they “tell” you everything and show you next to nothing, you’d not know that about Hau if they game didn’t tell you that he’s supposed to be insecure and afraid of failure.

Granted that’s always been an issue with pokemon games, and it wouldn’t be a problem if they didn’t try to shove a cinematic narrative down your throat when no one at Gamefreak can write a story (or good dialogue) to save their lives.

Gamefreak focuses on literally ALL OF THE WRONG THINGS when it comes to making their games anymore
Rabidcabbit
Since the Beginning  -

Touch Fluffy Tail
….Do they even express this in Sun and Moon about Hau’s character?

because you say these things about Hau all of the time, but now that I think about it, I have absolutely no recollections about any scenes concerning Hau being insecure in anything he does…

I never bothered to watch anything in concerns to the Ultra games so I suppose I don’t have any right to say anything about there story-lines, but Sun and Moon didn’t do a good job in expressing much of anything.
Red-Supernova
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Thread Starter - The Mega Man thread!
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Passionate opinionator
@Meanlucario  
Were they well received? Despite the Battle Frontier fiasco?

@Meanlucario  
I don’t know why but I love how the Sinnoh legendaries are portrayed here.

@Littlecabbit  
Gamefreak focuses on literally ALL OF THE WRONG THINGS when it comes to making their games anymore.
If they had more time to develop their game, then that probably wouldn’t be an issue. Also, I don’t mind the rivals of Gens 7 and 8.
Red-Supernova
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Thread Starter - The Mega Man thread!
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Passionate opinionator
@Meanlucario  
Which I know will satisfy someone I know because she loves Team Galactic but as far as I know, story is the least concern to most people from what they expect from the D/P remakes.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@igotnopicks  
I honestly forgot he likes fried bread. And considering how the MLP fandom is known for giving characters one trait and only focusing on that one trait, he’s far from the worst offender I’ve seen. And shouldn’t you blame people only referring to him as Bread Boy and not the character himself?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide