Religion general

tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Flutter_Lover  
Well…in islamic lore, that would not be the islamic God, not one bit.

The Islamic God literally maintains the entire existence and He could just destroy and reshape it how he wants.  
Matter fact: there is an opinion that he actually has been doing just that, even right now, without us realizing it.

Also He doesn’t have an avatar. Islam rejects the idea of a God-Avatar in its entirety. Not even the holiest of prophets are even slightly godly in a sense that they share the whole or a portion of god’s divine essence.

@Dex Stewart  
That first bit is shared by the islamic God. Multiple hadith and even the quran implies that God regularly spares the world from seeing Him because the sight of Him literally breaks the universe.

As for the living in fear of his creation? Not the islamic God. Nothing in the quran nor hadith nor classical mainstream islamic theology ever indicated that he feared his creation.
Random-Rambling
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
@tehwatever

About that….does Islam prohibit ANY depiction of The Prophet Muhammad PBUH, or just his face? Also, I’m not Muslim, do I still need to put “Peace Be Upon Him/PBUH” next to his name? I might as well, it is supposedly a respect thing.

Also, I’ve seen, like, a half-dozen spellings of his name. Is it Mohammed, Muhammad, Mohammad, Muhammed, or something else?
tehwatever
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Random-Rambling

We have written fairly detailed descriptions of his physique and physical appearance kinda quite detailed. You can more or less guess how he would have looked like based on the numerous hadiths alone.

The prohibition is for muslims. Muslims cannot commit his face into a visual media; be they print, sculpture, photo, video game etc, mostly on grounds of avoiding idolatry. Muhammad didnt want to be worshipped or be honored through glamorous statues or images, since he was as he claimed, “just a man.”

Also nonmuslims are not obligated to say PBUH. Nobody would call you out for not saying it.

His name is written Mhmd without vowels. But in english that’d be weird.

So you can get Muhammad, Mohamed, Mahomet, Magomed, Mehmet, Mahmud, Mamat, etc.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
I’ve got little love of the sand god of the big three.

So many Celtic myths were rewritten by “missionaries”, twisting our gods into heroes and monsters. All so their whore of the sands can get more credit.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Zincy  
Big three is kinda misleading considering Judaism isn’t even nearly as popular as far as followers go, considering judaism is meant only for God’s Chosen People TM

So big two more like.

Unless you count Atheism’s God. Which is…actually just the sand God with their will and personality removed, making Him a purely logical, predictable cause and effect machine.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Goku Black  
There is no god in atheism, but whatever replaces it feels to me like the sand god.

Like the followers of the sand god, the atheist reject any and all forms of gods. There is no pantheon in atheism, similar to how it is in the sand god religion.

There seems to be no room for any belief nor worship towards a specific agent of change except towards a universal, all encompassing agent. Call it nature, whatever.

There is no clash between two opposing forces of creation or destruction, or fire vs ice, or if the mountain god is upset at the beach god because the beach sees more bare tiddies than the mountains do in summer.

The sand god and the-god-that-doesn’t-exist to me, gives a similar vibe.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@Hali the Emoji girl

A lot of famous “heroes” in legend, such as in Arthurian legend, are actually personifications of various Celtic gods.

They didn’t expunge everything, just changed the wording.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Zincy

In which case your grievance is mostly with the sand god of ONE of the abrahamic.

I’m not aware of islamic heroes that are actually other ppl’s gods. Islam is allergic to idols and polytheism so much that Muhammad refuses godhood nor be treated like a god.

Hm…Could be an interesting thing to research.

Also, couldn’t gods be in a sense, just personified supernatural agents of change?

So, like, if that’s the gist of the god label then I could call the plumber the plumbing god AND plumbing hero and not contradict myself, right?

It’d be like declaring two distinct pointer variables and assigning them to same address.
Random-Rambling
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
I’ve got little love of the sand god of the big three.
So many Celtic myths were rewritten by “missionaries”, twisting our gods into heroes and monsters. All so their whore of the sands can get more credit.

I don’t know about Judaism or Islam, but Christianity did have a problem with painting anything that was different from them in an “evil” light, even with things as silly as farm animals: Christianity was all about sheep, what with their “shepherd” metaphors and Agnus Dei/ “Lamb Of God”, not like those barbarian religions and their demonic goats. Plus, the devil’s pitchfork was supposedly originally Poseidon’s trident.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide