Religion general

Random-Rambling
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
@neutralgrey

What about it in particular do you want to know?

What you’re probably referring to is “Young Earth Creationism”, which not only claims God created the Earth and universe in six days, but He did it only around 6,000 years ago.

Even among Christians, they’re a bit of a fringe group, since they have wacky conspiracy theories like “dinosaur bones were buried deep underground and made to look very old to test our faith in God”. Which honestly sounds more like a paranoid and abusive girlfriend than a benevolent deity.
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
I never understood the thinking that dinosaurs don’t fit into the Bible. God created Earth In six days? Well what are days in God time? Why would god even judge things by time anyway?  
I dunno it’s a deep rabbit hole.
tehwatever
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@neutralgrey  
Ok. Lemme gib you some muslim perspective.

There have been pre-darwin muslim thinkers, as early as 2 centuries after the death of Mohamed, who proposed a theory whereby species became other species through some kind of mechanism. They derived this from observing that…some animals look similar enough to have been the same species, but have distinct features that separates them from each other.  
Fair. That’s practically not hard to deduce. Even greek thinkers way back when musta have figured that out.

Now. Modern muslims normally have this position:  
Breakthroughs and factual anaylysis in evolutionary science, has no censure from a quranic perspective.

However, conclusions that the world is therefore random and godless is absolutely contra to the quran, for obvious reason.
tehwatever
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Dex Stewart  
The quran also said that god created earth in six days (except he dont rest on sabbath. He dont rest period. He dont need to). The Quran mentioned that right after creation he establishes himself on The Throne, but not rest.

But muslims have always understood it as either stages, periods or some arbitrary length of time. It’s not a thing that should bother a muslim too much. Some even argues it’s still happening.

Also I as a muslim believe that the Quran is verbatim word of god, so yes we take them literally.

except in a language where ppl use the same words for different things, taking it literally is gonna different for many people.

Scholars of the quran regularly try to exhaust the meaning of every single verse, every single word and inflection just so they could understand it. Meaning. Muslims must be super wary at anybody who claims he knows that a certain verse MUST mean a certain thing, without being open to other interpretations.

No joke I heard one american scholar made a reference to a certain sci-fi franchise when he said something about reading the islamic scripture.

“What’s in there?”  
“Only what you take with you.”

Which is why I myself never read scripture without first reading up or watching tutorials, because going in raw would probably leave me bruised.
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
But muslims have always understood it as either stages, periods or some arbitrary length of time. It’s not a thing that should bother a muslim too much. Some even argues it’s still happening.

Oooh,that’s fascinating.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Dex Stewart  
The thing is, though…  
It’s ALSO okay if you actually believe that Allah created Earth in 144 hours…I know I’m not bothered or care too much about what God can or cannot do, or what he means when he describes cosmic, universal-scale miracles in human terms.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Came across a bizzarre story in islamic lore. It goes:

Salim is a grown man. He was adopted in his teens by a married couple. After having found a living, Salim left the care of his foster parents, but he would regularly visit them.  
Then the verse explaining that a foster child is not like the biological child was revealed (Quran ch. 33 verse 4 to 5). The implication: that means Salim could legally marry his foster mom.  
This made foster dad upset. Whenever Salim came visit, foster dad would give him a look of suspicion, because Salim is very close to foster mom.

Foster mom then went to the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh): “my husband looks at Salim with disgust whenever Salim enters the house.”  
Muhammad said “breastfeed Salim”  
Foster mom was totally surprised. “Salim’s got beard! (he a grown man)”  
Muhammad repeated “breastfeed him”

So she did. Foster mom breastfed Salim, who was already a grown man. This then made Salim unable to legally marry his foster mom (Quran ch.4, verse 22 to 23). Foster dad was then happy, and would welcome Salim everytime he came to visit.

Happy End? Yes. But what the hell did I just read…
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Dex Stewart  
No. That is not supposed to be poetic. That is actually just part 1 of a hadith. Well, now I’m looking forward tk reading that sonic fanfic…

@Hali the Emoji girl  
Xactly why I was like “what?”

Part 2.

After hearing the Salim story from, Aisha (Muhammad’s wife) would use to frequently ask her niece, aunts and sisters to breastfeed any grown up boy or men, whom she would like to come over to her house.  
Reasoning? So she’d be illegal for them to marry. Implication: it means she wouldnt have to wear hijab around them, and can freely speak to them as if they was family.

Muhammad’s other wives on the other hand, reject random men breastfeeding on a girl’s relatives just so they could visit her as family.

They were like “I personally don’t like it, Aisha. Could be it’s is exclusively only for Salim, so he could repair the family relationship and not so every other grown ass men could come visit us.”

Thing is: Muhammad never claimed it to be exclusive to Salim. So Aisha still does it anyway.

I think this one examples of the prophet’s companion or relative or wife basically abusing the system.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

In the early 1940s, pastor Andre Trocme and wife, and his protestant congregations in a small village in southern France, sheltered and rescued many jews.

He told his congregation to “give shelter to the People of The Book.” When questioned by nazi authority, Trocme went Badass Mode.  
“These people came to me for help and shelter. I’m a shepherd, and a shepherd does not forsake his flock. I do not know what a jew is. I know only human beings.

Man lived through world war 2 and later set up shop in morocco to help out french draft dodgers and deserters during the algerian war of independence.

Died 1971
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide