Religion general

Flutter_Lover
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

#WaifuLivesMatter
When William Buhlman called out religion for indoctrination of how we’re limited to our higher selves if consciousness, I knew right then and there that he had my vote. Man made beliefs are nothing but excuses and limits.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Flutter_Lover  
Khabib Nurmagomedov broke his limits and doing the near impossible due to his man-made beliefs. made him stronk. made him ridiculously tough. Mentally he rarely ever broke.

“My toes are broken by my mind is not.” He battled mumps and accidents and intense loneliness throughout the training camp yet he walked into the cage as if nothing happened, and gave his best performance to date, securing an impressive record of 29 wins, NO LOSS. Fans and opponents and coworkers respect him for his refusal to play in the trash-talk game and for his insistence in using MMA to promote other people’s good works outside the cage or highlight his opponents good characters (well, MOST of his opponents). Khabib does not fear much of anything. He’s comfortable with his own mortality, and he never gives up. He does his best in everything that he does.

It was all not despite his belief but because of it. Borderline mythical guys like him made me understand the power of belief and faith–no matter how STUPID or downright false it is.

I’m practicing Islam even WHEN it’s false, even when people are yelling at me. Why? I dunno. It keeps me focused, disciplined and I find solace in its routine and insistence on not giving into despair. Maybe I’m indoctrinated. Sure.

But hey, I support your decision to get rid of it and call it out. It IS stupid after all. I’m just absurd.
HorsesandMuchMOAR
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Gallusposting since 2019
Is it a bad thing that nowadays, I am more attracted towards pagan religions and Hinduism instead of Christianity? I like their rich cultures and artistic traditions. In fact, as I am not sure whether is God helping me (due to my lack of book sales), I sometimes pray to Buddha instead of Jesus.

@DarkObsidian

In my stories, the fox is one of several national symbols of the country of Marnos, because its people were the first in their world to domesticate foxes. Considering that the fox is also a symbol of Thor, and some Marnosyns worship Thor, this makes their beloved fox even more luckier and adorable!
tehwatever
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@HorsesandMuchMOAR  
No it’s not bad to be attracted to pagan religions. They’re awesome and making huge comeback everywhere.

Get rid of that guilty mentality. It makes you weak and exploitable. That’s the kinda excuse and limit Flutter_Lover was referring to.  
Find strength and beauty in anything that inspires you, and do not apologize for it.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@HorsesandMuchMOAR  
Islam.  
I’m very basic, you see :)

…and other things but we’re in the religion thread.

While I appreciate the aesthetic and possible entertainment (and potentially profitable) values of the more colorful religions and folklore, Islam’s personally gotten me through a lotta sheit and it’s my primary source of strength, due to its insistence on not giving into despair.

As for art, I appropriate (aka steal) anything that I find “cool.” I take the comic / japanese anime approach. I grab whatever and then secularize it, divorcing it from its REAL meanings and values, because honestly, my interest in those other religions are currently skin deep.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@HorsesandMuchMOAR  
No direct source. But I’m pretty darn sure it’s the case based on the following:

A droid is not a non-mahram male. The ruling on the hijab in front of a droid would be similar to the ruling of hijab before a laundry machine, a prepubescent child, a gay man, a neutered man, an incapacitated man, or animals.

In which she can take it off. BUT I could be wrong. Wallahu ’Alam. I’ll edit my comment. Thx for calling me out on that.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
@Dex Stewart

👍 I’ll copy/paste my last contribution to this topic here.

In order to understand the true nature of a thing, one should often try to find out the true origin of a word. Demon from ancient Greek δαίμων daímōn is initially understood as a “spirit” or a power of destiny (δαιμόνιον daimónion) as a “warning or admonishing voice of conscience)”.

In Greek mythology, the name Daimon also stood for the departed spirit of the deceased (Greek σκιά skiá “shadow”), the disembodied figures of the departed. In this respect, it seems that a positive meaning was in the foreground as long as the legend was relevant, in which the souls of the people of the golden age were called δαίμονες daimones, who represented an intermediate level between gods and humans, a second class of lower gods. In a very similar meaning exists in German the rarely used word Schemen for ghosts and spooky figures. These are based on the Indo-Germanic root word *skai- in the meaning of “to shine, lustre, reflection”.

The meaning of demon as “evil spirit, a middle being between God and man” leads back to the Greek δαίεσθαι daíesthai — to be seperated/divided/shared. One can also derive “sharer and deliver (of fate)” from this. Interesting are the further relations of δαίμων daímōn — on the one hand to the Greek word for people δῆμος dēmos (as in democracy) on the other hand and even further reaching out to “time” in the sense of “section, divided”. All these are etymologically derivations from the Indo-Germanic root word *da[i]- for “to divide, tear up, cut up”, on which also German Teufel/Daifel (devil) and Latin diabolus are based.

Demons are as actual personifications of fate or conscience, which accompany humans invisibly at all times. There is the assessment that it was only in the course of the later Middle Ages (roughly the same period as the beginning of the indulgence trade) that the term demon was associated with unpleasant ideas and thus received a shift into the negative.

Evil tongues could also claim that a “demonization” took place here to turn the fear of the people into cash. For the Roman Church was always good at increasing its own (worldly) wealth. A circumstance which Protestantism has certainly inherited.
Background Pony #D046
I know this it’s not an explanation thread, and that some may slap me for this but…

May somebody explain to me what Pastafarism it’s? And if it’s a real religion? Thanks.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@Background Pony #D046  
Pastafarism started out as a parody religion back in 2005,with the religion itself being used as a criticism towards American schools choosing to focus on teaching intelligent design and creationism in schools, instead of teaching people about evolution, with the main leader of it being the Flying Spaghetti Monster (chosen as such due to the creator of the movement sarcastically saying that this thing is responsible for changing the results of an object everytime a scientist tries to carbon-date an object)

As for if it counts as a real religion, i think it is considered valid in certain parts of the world (although Pastafarism itself seems like an extension of Atheism)
Background Pony #D046
@icey wicey 1517

Ah ok, thanks pal. I had that question bugging my head for a while (some hours actually)  
Now i imagine the guy who made the Pastafarism back in 2005 as a parody knowing that it’s kind of considered a real thing today.
FliegerFaustToP47
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Laß mich sterben
@ᏰᎯᎠᎻᎬᎯᏒᎿ

Im not sure if you comment may be taken as offensive, so be careful, as far i am aware of, there’s a religion that believes if you die you get around 40 naked virgins if you are male, don’t ask me what you get if you are a female xD. 40 T h i c c boi? I have no idea.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide