Religion general

HorsesandMuchMOAR
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Gallusposting since 2019
Anyways, I would like to do an analysis of these two “Christian” losers.
These two are part of a minority in Malaysia, the Christians of my country, since they stated that they are Christians. So I assumed that they are Chinese city-dwellers with good internet to waste, because they might be affluent enough to be influenced by US trolling culture.
This makes me wonder: why do Christians, who are supposed to be disciplined and well-behaved, become homophobic Internet trolls? What do they want from spouting 4chan slang like “coomer”, “cope”, and “seethe”?
Random-Rambling
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
I am going to preface this with the full admittance that I am slightly prejudiced against Hinduism and here’s why. Not against Hindus themselves, or against Indians, just against the religion.
An Indian minster was recently hospitalized after drinking from a polluted holy river to prove it was “safe”. It is a common belief in Hinduism that their holy rivers, including the Ganges, are incorruptable, and this has been used as an excuse to turn their holy sites into utter refuse bins.
This offends me, greatly. Not only as just a human but as a Pagan. You have a natural holy site, a beautiful expression of nature’s power and its deep connection to us. And then you intentionally pollute the fuck out of it. They then have the gall, the absolute gall, to claim it as sacred. I find this deplorable.
And I will fully admit that it colors my perception of the religion as a whole.
You know what? I feel the same way about Islam. No hate against Muslims themselves, just their bloodthirsty and revenge-obsessed “religion of peace”.
The older folks here may remember a man named Salman Rushdie. He wrote a book, The Satanic Verses, that questioned the legitimacy of Muhammad The Prophet, Islam’s central figure. No big deal, right? Millions of people claim religion is a bunch of crap every day. Well, this little book apparently caught the attention of one Ayatollah Khomeini, a major religious leader in Iran. He declared that Mr. Rushdie must die, and that any who associate with him or his book must die as well.
This was 34 years ago.
Khomeini has been dead for years, and Rushdie is on his way out too (he’s, what, in his 70s?)
People are still hunting him down for what is, let’s be honest here, a HITJOB that is older than some of the would-be assassins!
The reason I bring this up is that Mr. Rushdie was stabbed yesterday. He survived, but may go blind in one eye, lose the function in his left arm, and his liver got punctured in a few places too. The 24-year-old man who did it (what did I tell you?) is, of course, being celebrated as a hero and martyr by many Muslims in Iran and elsewhere.
Beth
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
@HorsesandMuchMOAR
Oh that makes sense. Yeah Thor is based on a pagan god, but even pagans rarely worship thor as more than a story character.
Some people are afraid that sexuality is contagious.
Nope. Nature will always maintain a mostly straight population.
The only reason it looks like there is a rise in LGBT, is because these people used to hide and pass themselves off as straight, now in America lots of people are becoming cool with them though.
I can see people wanting to remove lets say explicit sex from a comic book movie, but if people can’t handle a butt joke or the passing mention of alternative sexuality do they really have faith?
HorsesandMuchMOAR

Gallusposting since 2019
Same thing. Muslims with this attitude don’t deserve any respect or sympathy from me - I guess they come from poorer or nationalistic backgrounds, hence their militant, forceful attitude, something like Serbia or North Korea shills and their siege mentality.
They are one reason why I dislike Islam sometimes. For Christianity, I already listed my reasons in an earlier post.
I would avoid them as more dangerous than more normal Muslims, like Malaysians. At least even though they arrest blasphemers, Malaysian Muslims won’t go as far as murder people for blasphemy and hail murderers as heroes.
Random-Rambling
Non-Fungible Trixie -

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
Speaking of Christians, even the most insane Christians don’t try to kill people. Hell, they shot down abortion rights in the US because they believe terminating a pregnancy is literal murder, so at least that bit is consistent.
HorsesandMuchMOAR

Gallusposting since 2019
I want to ask again - why do Christians, especially US conservative ones, become rabid Internet trolls? What do they get from all this?
The blasphemy-killer Muslims mentioned earlier turn to the Internet to vent away, in their case as an example, because they are like other Internet trolls and extremists - they are angry, frustrated, bored, or scared. Maybe they come from poorer and less-well-off situations (nationalism, poverty, war), driving them into such a mentality.
Beth

In digital purgatory
“why do Christians, especially US conservative ones, become rabid Internet trolls?”
Not all of them, but I think i got a good answer, that applies to a lot of religions.
There is a phenomena called ‘Spiritual narccissist’ where people are shitty assholes because they think they’re spiritually redeemed for superior beliefs. Instead of apologizing for wrong doings to the actual victim, they’ll just pray or have a meditation session, and pretend gods cool with it all.
Spiritual narcciccism is basically people being assholes because they think they’re automatically an arbitrarily redeemed by holding some spiritual belief. It’s like if I was a killer, but I thought I was better than my victims just because I meditated 30 minutes after each killing.
Random-Rambling
Non-Fungible Trixie -

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
With Islam extremists, there’s definitely an element of “they deserved to die anyway, I am simply taking out the trash”. With Christian extremists, there’s an element of “God will forgive me, He always does, that’s His whole thing”.
HorsesandMuchMOAR

Gallusposting since 2019
In the Ten Commandments, the first and second rules prohibit Christians from worshipping anyone other than God. Specifically:
  1. Do not have any other god or anything more important than God.
  2. Do not pray to any picture or worship them (idols).
Worshipping anything other than God, or using images to worship God by praying to them, is also not allowed in Islam.
Beth

In digital purgatory
If mass is the only thing that matters, I should make a religion where we worship the largest observable celestial bodies. I’m going to be the first abomination to pray to a black hole, I’m going to have more edge than bismuth.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Choosing a patron, or patrons, is not a choice to be made lightly. Depending on how serious you want to be in your worship, it can take considerable consideration and soul searching.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
I realised i have a very varied pool of friends who are religious.
Im friends with at least 3 Christians, 2 Muslims, and i used to be friends with a Satanist X)
Background Pony #8DF7
@Luca H.
It means you’re one of 4 things. A member of the Satanic temple or the Church of Satan. Both are sarcastic smart ass rebuttals to Christianity. The temple is more progressive and generally about getting along, self help, and occasional political stuff. The church is libertarian and believes in magick.
The third is a psychopath who watched too many movies and probably needs a straight jacket and mental aid. very very rare.
The fourth is someone trying to be edgy and seek attention. Mostly gone as the Satanic panic ended.
Beth

In digital purgatory
@Luca H.
The literal structure of Satanism is genuinely believing in christian theology, and worshiping the Christian Satan other than the Christian God.
Satanist follow a version of the bible covered by Rifftrax.
Yeah it’s mostly just a riff on Christianity. Satanist are rarely ever sincere. Still doesn’t seem to bright to even pretend to align yourself with a force most of society has been programmed to fear.
@Background Pony #8DF7
The amount of people who think phychopathy and sociopathy is cool is way higher than the number of actual people with these conditions. A lot of time people use notions of mental illness to act excessively angry and show no self control (not talking about people with actual anger problems). These diseases are debilitating, and usually make people the victims of crimes, not cool criminals like the Joker, or CEO’s (sometimes?)
Sociopathy itself is a defense mechanism, and you can have some degree of it without antisocial personality disorder. If I ever got shot in the chest I want a cold blooded sociopath doctor, they won’t panic as much.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide