Religion general

Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
More than just about forcing others into it, but forcing the world to bend around their beliefs.
Christians should not be able to dictate who can get married, who can get abortions, and how the planet should be maintained.
Posted Report
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
You’re free to believe whatever you choose for your own personal belief system. I see no issue there, seems like a perfectly innocuous and pleasant belief that doesn’t hurt anyone.
Posted Report
ᎶㄖҜㄩ 乃ㄥ卂匚Ҝ
One-Star Dragon Ball - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Artist -

Zamasu
Something that’s always bothered me: how can you be “all-knowing” when new information is being created all the time. Does God have a magical ability to be alerted to new information, thus being “all-knowing?”
Posted Report
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
The assumption for the JeudoChristianIslamc God is that he has a “plan” that encompasses all information ever, both extant and future.
Which would, of course, beg many questions about free will being free (how can your will be your own if your creator created you with 100% knowledge of every aspect of your life that can ever and will ever happen). The nature of Satan and “evil” (God would intrinsically know of every single evil act that any evildoer would ever commit). The nature of orginal sin (God knew Adam and Eve would eat the apple). And the ineffectual nature of Christian prophecy (clearly gods word in the Bible is not perfect).
Posted Report
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
The free will part is the most interesting if you look at it from a systems level.
How can there be randomness in a predetermined system?
Let me elaborate. You have two boxes. In each box is a creature, imma call it a Smeep.
Smeeps can only do two things. They can either roll to the left, or roll to the right. They can do nothing else. And smeeps will only move when being observed. Each box contains an identical Smeep.
There are two observers of each box. This observer is the “prime observer”.
In the first box, the observer knows that their smeep can roll left or right, but does not know which way it will go. The second box has an observer that knows exactly which way the smeep will roll every time it does it. In fact, he doesn’t even need to observe it since the outcome is already predetermined.
I would argue that the first box is the “free” system. The smeep in the second box does not have “free will”, because it’s movements are entirely known by the sole prime observer of the system.
Biblical free will is the same thing. According to their doctrine, we exist within gods plan and everything we do is only done through God as the prime observer and prime mover. Meaning your actions are effectually predetermined and preknown by the singular prime mover.
God will always know which choice you will make. There is no free choice. Because if there were, then God would have to have some ambiguity on the outcome of your actions. Which he does not according to doctrine.
Ergo, it’s not free will.
Random-Rambling
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
@Zincy
And of course, there’s a goddess I believe in. She has no name though, nor does She have any real form. I guess it’s similar to God, but I prefer females, you know?
And that’s fine! In fact, God has no defined gender, people just use He/Him pronouns and call Him “Our Father” because Christianity has a habit of putting men above women.
Posted Report
blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

Half Kitsune
Mom wants to reunite with her family when she passes away, while I wanna hang out with my favorite fictional characters.
Posted Report
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Zincy
Alright so. In the Islamic article of Faith, you have what is called the Qadr.
Qadr is translated loosely as: Predestination or Predetermination. Oof. This is where the Islamic Free Will may just be identical to the Biblical one–which means No Free Will essentially, but it’s an ongoing debate.
Anyway–some argues that the root word for Qadr means “measured out” as in “allocation of resources.”
The Islamic God, has set his Qadr for Smeep. Gave Smeep a box to live in, and the ability to only roll right or roll left when observed and little else. The restrictions, limit and parameters to a Smeep has already been allocated.
And then there’s Qada
Qada is God’s Will. The divine intervention, or the divine execution. Smeep can only roll right or left when observed. God deciding to observe is His Qada. God could also make it practically impossible for Smeep to roll left by placing walls on Smeep’s left every time he rolls, forcing him to either not roll, or roll right.
On the muslim side, there’s the Du’a (invocation.) A hadith says “nothing can change Qadr (but in this case, also the Qada) except Du’a.”
or this one: “when a Du’a is made, it wrestles with the divine decree (Qadr, but in this case, also the Qada) until one overcomes the other”
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Imagine if the observer is given a particular Smeep that has a lifespan of two rolls; he dies after rolling twice. The observer would already know that the Smeep could make one of the following roll combo: left left, left right, right left, or right right, before dying–but wouldn’t know which particular combo the Smeep does. This kind of observer isn’t the Islamic God according to majority Sunni opinion.
“Not a single leaf falls that God hasn’t known about, willed, decreed, permitted to happen and made happen.”
The idea that the observer isn’t omniscient in the sense that “I didn’t know that this Smeep would roll right twice before dying” does break Aqeedah (Creed)
But if you want to square omniscience with the persistent idea of rewards and punishment, then ofc it is much easier to say that God is aware of all of your possible choices and where you could end up in (the Qadr), but has some sort of ambiguity over your choices but has the ability to make on-the-fly adjustments or long term plans (His Qada).
Returning to the 2 Rolls Smeep. The Islamic God woulda written for the 2 Rolls Smeep to roll to the right twice and dies (His Qada for this Smeep) BUT, Smeep is given the extra ability to make Du’a or make a sincere effort to roll left at any point in his lifespan, and should the du’a or the effort overrides the current Qada, the Smeep would roll left.
The Smeep wouldn’t break the limitation of his ability to roll left and right, nor does he overcome God with his Du’a. The Du’a just lobbied for Smeep and won, so God changed the previous decree and let Smeep roll left.
Not exactly Free Will but that’s what muslims got.
Posted Report
Beth
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
Giving God a gender? Doesn’t that imply mating? Who mates with God? Why is this important?
Posted Report
Beth

In digital purgatory
We need ai to make a new Bible. That would be lit. I’d listen to AI over the outspoken senior citizens with dementia.
Posted Report
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
If you’re using prayer to ask for things, then you’re treating your god like an errand boy.
I see this Christians talk about how they pray for this and that, like God’s a callboy. Seems a little disingenuous to me.
Posted Report
Beth

In digital purgatory
@Zincy
i mean god can’t really be burdened by anything. Would have no problem saying no or maybe to 9 billion people at once.
It’s obvious they don’t just obey everyone, or my life would be going great right now. Sometimes good things happen, just enough to make me work for more.
I think prayer is also a thing about mindfulness and discipline with yourself, like reinforcement of thoughts and desires. You’re talking to god supposedly, but god already knows everything, that means you’re talking to yourself?
I’m talking about many cultures, and the ritualistic things they do. Sometimes we even take medicine that doesn’t do anything, and it still does something, because of the ritual.
5 prayers a day might be a chore, but atleast i get my pants on before afternoon.
Posted Report
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
The Church of England recently gave a transgender member (who identifies as non binary) called Binho Allison the position of Priest (tge first priest of the church who is on the MB spectrum), who has been trying to help make Christianity more accepting of the LGBT community and making those who are on the LGBT spectrum feel more accepted in Church
Predictably this is causing the hard-core Christians to complain about they are going to burn in Hell abd how the Church is “losing its way”, along with other general transphobic comments
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide