Sonic Discussion

Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Takengrin Endmmar: Taken God King of Fear  
Do you mean the old Saturday Morning (SatA.M.) cartoon?

@Red-Supernova  
An unfair assertion, as I have seen a rise in haters of the classic style games, (remember that awkward “Sonic was never guud” geek from IGN?) or sidescrollers, especially from “Sonic Adventure/Dreamcast/GameCube/PS2” era fans. (And a few years ago, a bunch of people started hating on “Sonic CD,” oddly despite it used to be a fan-favorite) I’ve seen some haters of “Mania” too on DA, whom dedicate their entire DA pages to making propoganda poster memes/rants of it, (one guy even claimed the animated promotional shorts were “bad,” just because they didn’t have dialogue) and there are some whom even dislike “Sonic 3 & Knuckles’” difficulty, or longer levels. (Despite their favorite 3D games having stages just as long/hard.)

I am curious if some of these people are just contrarians trying to “get revenge” on the annoying Classic-Sonic purists, or just people whom prefer the early 3D games, (which I sort’ve understand, as I kinda miss the floatier jumps in SA, and such) seeing as they bash modern games for having anything “classic-era/nostaligic” in them, (forgetting the early 3D games did too, remember the Metal Sonic cameos in Sonic Adventure 1?) but if you ask me, they’re no less annoying… I like some of the classic games, I like some of the early-3D games, I like some of the modern games, and I kinda tire of all the biased fans of every era, bashing constantly.

So now it’s like the “Sonic Adventure” fans are getting almost as bad as the Classic purists. (And I like SA don’t get me wrong.) It’s also ironic for them to bash modeen games for “catering to nostalgia pandering,” while at the same time, begging for a “Sonic Adventure 3.” (Something that caters to their own nostalgia.)

@Goku Black  
Yeah, I’m curious how the characters sound in Japanese for the movie. There is a brief moment in the original/english version where Robotnik (Jim Carry) says something in Japanese. Curious how that scene translates in other territories.

@[Ω]  
I miss Sally, and I wouldn’t mind her getting in the mobile games by some miracle, but I can move on.  
Also, SatA.M. and/or Archie fans bashing the game or IDW characters aren’t really helping their cause… If anything, they’re just making SatA.M./Archie fans look bad, (I am one, so that upsets me) and they’re going to create more division/anger between fans of different canons.

I never got why many Sonic fans feel you can only love/enjoy ONE canon.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
Not sure if I remember posting this, but VUDU is now having a sale on The Super Mario Brothers Super Show, Sonic the Hedgehog SatA.M., and Sonic Underground, for fans of Captain Lou Albano Mario, and Steve Urkel Sonic.

Oddly, they only have the second season of Sonic SatA.M. and no AOSTH.

@[Ω]  
Looked it up… She sounds messed up, buuuut… Still, not quite Chris Chan/Nicochi/RichardKuta levels of cringe/spaghetti.
Red-Supernova
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Thread Starter - The Mega Man thread!
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Passionate opinionator
@Beau Skunky  
I just wish the popular people on Youtube were more like you. Having good things to say about some of the Classic games, some of the early 3D games and the some of the modern games but apparently that is too much for our world to handle.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@RhodieNite  
Well, it’s apparently only canon in the “Sonic X” anime, (and even then in episodes afterwards, Sonic & Amy didn’t really behave like a romantic couple, and the moment was ignored) and apparently Sega doesn’t want SonAmy, or any ‘shipping to be canon.

In fact, Sega turned down an Archie Sonic comic book subplot by writer Karl Bollers of Sonic & Amy becoming a couple. (And apparently, Sega requested Karl to break up Sonic & Sally too.) A li’l flirting, and such is allowed, (as well as alternative non-canon, A.U. futures) but as far as Sega is concerned Sonic is single.

With how bad the fan ‘shipping wars got, (put Sonic with Sally, Amy-fans get mad… Put Sonic with Amy, Sally fans get mad, put Sonic with Mina, both get mad. Put Sonic with Elise, EVERYBODY gets mad, ect. ect. You can’t win.) I can’t blame Sega for that mandate, and it’s probably for the best, as Sonic is still kinda young, and romance was never meant to be the main focus of the franchise.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@RhodieNite  
I think Sega originally intended for them to just have a comical cat & mouse relationship.  
Even in the original “Sonic CD” official artwork of Sonic carrying/rescuing Amy, while Amy swoons over him, Sonic has basically an annoyed frown. So it goes all the way back to Amy’s game debut.
Rabidcabbit
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Since the Beginning  -

Touch Fluffy Tail
@[Ω]

The first thing I thought when I saw that was “Scratch”

Aha! Scratch was actually one of Robotnik’s first Roboticize victims!

…Though I suppose that doesn’t account for the discrepancy in body proportions
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide