Sonic Discussion

Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Angrybrony
Likewise, as normally I’d support individuals then a faceless corporation. In this case, it is the so-called “little person” that is in the wrong…
It kinda annoys me some Penders fans are using that hashtag “SupportArtistaWriters” as an excuse to blindly support him.
Like that person I posted previously.
(Whom thought Ken somehow invented Sonic and Tails being on a plane… wut?)
@RogueBadnik
It would be a bad move indeed, as Paramount would fight this to the death unlike Archie.
And honestly, he doesn’t have a case as the movie has nothing in common with his comics. The judge might even just throw the case out, and Paramount could countersue, making things worse for him.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Angrybrony
I honestly hope Ken doesn’t try to sue Paramount/Sega, because regardless whom wins, Sega might overreact by making more mandates, get rid of more American Sonic characters, (like the official Whisper the wolf plushies) or forcing Paramount to edit the movie…
Heck, Namco/Bandai had to edit Ms. Pac-Man out of their recent Arcade Archives, and “Pac-Man Museum Plus” rerelease of “Pac-Land,” because sadly they’re having their own Penders-like situation with the game/character Ms. PM recently.
FerrumFlos1st
Artist -

Patron of Sonic/MLP
@Beau Skunky
I can imagine Tyson Hesse being aware of the whole situation with Penders. He did his best in making sure none of his characters get used or being too similar in the movies. The closest being the few seconds of Knuckles’s unnamed father.
I must ask. How exactly can Penders afford an attorney? Googling up his bibliography, he hasn’t done much recently and his ongoing projects are either canceled or going through financial troubles. I figured with today’s economy and inflation, he would have trouble paying the bills. Let alone afford a lawyer.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Red-Supernova
And he never will. Especially, because frankly he cares more about his OCs then any official Sonic character.
Not bashing him, he practically admitted that when asked who his favorite Sonic characters were. He only mentioned characters he made, never brought up any game characters, nor any SatA.M. Freedom Fighter characters, (makes it ironic some SatA.M. fans side with him) or not even any comic exclusive characters he didn’t create.
Imagine if a fanfic writer said their favorite Sonic characters were their OCs. They would catch all kinds of mockery.
@Dr_Osaka
Nice. Now we have 4 different Knuckles.
@FerrumFlos1st
Even said certain spoiler character looks nothing like any of Penders’ characters.
And maybe financial issues might be what’s motivating Ken. I feel a little sorry for him if that’s the case, but he’s basically chasing an ambulance, and trying to sue Paramount could make things worse for him, if he does try it.
RogueBadnik
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

⌜Ω⌟
Read the issue, and honestly I am getting worried, and tired, that they are trying to make Surge just a clone of Shadow (Funny, a clone of a clone).
She is just starting in the comics, she have time to be unique. We get it, she is trying to be like Shadow, but imo, I dont like that.
Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
I’ve had some spare time so I decided to go back and rewatch a bunch of the Sonic shows especially since you can watch them all for free on YouTube. Starting with AoStH which is always a blast to watch, despite how ridiculous it can be it’s a guilty pleasure, plus you have to give credit that the show does still incorporate some of the game elements into certain episodes. But it did get me thinking about what the show would be like if it came out today with all the source material to work with what would it be like? My assumption would be something along the lines of the Sonic Mania Adventures series of short cartoons, as for it’s cast would they still use original characters like Wes Weasely and Breezie or incorporate more the characters we actually recognize? Cause honestly I could see it working

(Yes I’m aware Eggette is a fan character not a canon character, but let’s be honest we would all want to see this)
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@RogueBadnik
I deeply hate this character and I barely even know anything about her but this cements that hate. (inb4 I’m not allowed to feel that way, well I do and I will and I’m not telling anyone else how to feel)
Don't
Thread Starter - One Piece Thread

Get up and Jump
How many “Rivals/anti sonic” does Sonic need at this point
Knuckles, Mecha Sonic, Metal Sonic, Shadow, Jet, Blaze(Technically), Silver, even mighty counts
It’s ridiculous to add another one at this point
Sparx
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

#115 Wassup Voltage!
@Cosmas-the-Explorer
They’ve only given him Eggman and Wave (lol)
I could never take the Babylon Rogue’s seriously as rivals since without their ‘extreme gear’ they can’t do ANYTHING.
Sonic doesn’t even need it. It’s the only thing Wave is more knowledgable than Tails about and she has to cheat even.
Dr_Osaka

Sata Andagi!
Apparently Breezie made appearances in the Archie comics with a slick new design that makes her look badass

Wish they would re-release the Archie comics in collection packs, oh well at least we got IDW.
@Beau Skunky
As well as 4 Black Knight characters, speaking of which it’s funny that AoStH had an episode about Sonic going back to medeival times well before Sonic and the Black Knight was ever released.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
I dunno I kinda like “ugly-yet-kinda-cute” chatacters sometimes.
I saw some fanartists give the “ugly” AoStH character designs some better/cuter and/or more Sega/Uekuwa-like redesigns on places like DeviantArt before.
I even have my own planned Warpnik redesign with a more Eggman-like face, and anime-like spiral glasses giving him a more Sega look. (I may or may not post it, if I can scan images again. I can’t in my current living conditions.)
Though, I haven’t decided how to do his fish as mutants like the show, or as robots to make him more like his cousin Robotnik/Eggman.
I also liked Archie’s redesigns for some of the AoStH characters, like Breezy, and Professor Von Schlemmer.
@Sparx
You’re forgetting Tails’ had his own games and villains like the Battle Bird Armada, (loved how the comics tied them to Bean snd the Babylon Rogues) and Wendy Witchcart.
Knuckles has had quite a few rivals too, including Egg Robo, Mecha Sonic, Dr. Finitevus, Thrash the tasmanian devil, Enerjak/Dimitri, the Dingos, his own Dad, and such.
Curious if the upcoming Knux series will give him any new rivals.
Dr_Osaka

Sata Andagi!
Just finished SatAM, I’d forgotten so much about this show but rewatching again it’s really held up; kinda like an early version of Avatar: The Last Airbender in a way. And just for fun I decided to do my personal take on
AoStH Vs. SatAM
The game’s main theme accompanied by In the Hall of the Mountain King = Original theme made just for the show
Serious plot with continuing story = Goofy episodic stories
Characters who look like they come from a different series < Characters that look offical
Squash and stretch animation = fluent and more detailed animation
Locations with the same level titles < Locations that look like the source material
Rings appear in 2 episodes < Rings are integral to the plot
Chaos Emeralds exist > Time Stones exist
Tails serves purpose to all stories > Tails only starts getting involved near the end of season 2
Literally anyone else > Antoine
Badniks exist > Robots that look like another franchise
Scratch & Grounder > Snively
Ivo Robotnik = Julian Robotnik
Robotnik is obsessed with Eggs > Not a single Egg related thing
Has a game (Mean Bean Machine) > Characters only ever make single cameo (Sonic Spinball)

Okay this made me chuckle.
It should be noted that SatAM actually borrows a lot from Sonic CD.
RogueBadnik
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

⌜Ω⌟
your acting like she won on her own and not because she had back up. also if you think she’s acting like shadow then you don’t know shadow.
Wasnt talking about how she won, but how she is being portrayed. In the first issues, her character was quite unique and interesting, but now Ian decided to make her act like Shadow and making her say quotes from SA2.
I mean, come on.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide