Sonic Discussion

Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
full  
So who is your favorite Robotnik/Eggman?  
Jim Carrey’s is definitely one of a kind, but I do also like Mike Pollock since he has a good voice for him and Deem Bristow I think can sound pretty intimidating.  
For me though I’d have to go with Long John Baldry as it just sounds like the perfect voice for him.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Dr_Osaka  
It’s hard to say as I like all the Robotniks & Eggmen.

I even liked Jim Cummings Robotnik, even if he was more like Dr. Claw frankly. Cummings also voiced Robotnik in the unaired AoStH promo pilot short, though with a more comical tone.  
Cummings was great, but it was probably better they went with Long John Baldry as he fit the zanier version better.
RogueBadnik
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

⌜Ω⌟
full

@Dr_Osaka  
Comic Eggman.  
Not only we are able to see more about his villanous behaviour, but you learn about what he is truly capable to do with other people who works with him.

Eggman is basically like The Joker. Not only Eggman is a pure antithesis of Sonic (With the recent movie, they know share something in common) but trying to team with him is a double-edge sword.
lasty

dead to you
@Dr_Osaka  
Pollock, if we’re talking about performances. I can buy his version as both a credible threat to Sonic and Co., and as he was in the Boom series. He’s my go-to head-voice for him when I read the comics or fill in sounds in the 16-bit games.

@[Ω]  
Civility between nerd culture movies!?! EEEEEEEEKKK!!!
Cyborg_pony
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

@Penguin Dragneel  
I’ve seen so many articles by mainstream media attacking Sonic because of BoP failing that it’s absolutely sad. This is like last year with Cpt. Marvel and Alita. They started the war, and now they don’t like the victor. Soon they’ll start using Sonic now that he’s popular for their own means.
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
Another thing I don’t understand:

When the first Sonic movie trailer dropped and showed Sonic’s original design, everyone was mocking it. I mean, we all saw the like-to-dislike ratio on that trailer. It wasn’t just Sonic fans; non-fans who just saw the trailer agreed that it looked nightmarishly bad.

Yet now that the design has been changed, people are attacking Sonic fans for criticizing it? What sense does that make?
Background Pony #9A5B
I’m not sure if this has been posted in the thread before, but here’s an old YouTube video some of you might get a kick out of: True Facts About the Hedgehog

I’d like to bring special attention to the joke at 1:03, where the narrator says “Only one hedgehog in history has farted.” Many of the comments responding to that moment (which are several years old, by the way) jokingly claim Sonic was that hedgehog, because he eats so many chili dogs. Guess what Sonic does at one point in the new movie, and what he attributes it to? A classic example of “Hilarious in Hindsight.”
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@northern haste  
@Penguin Dragneel  
Yeah, I don’t think it’s right to blame only the Sonic side.  
Which I don’t understand as honestly both movies are very different, and have different audiences, so they really shouldn’t be seen as competition. It’s like back when people were hyping up “Detective Pikachu” against Sonic. (Especially, over the original character design.)

And being a semi-sequel to the “Suicide Squad” I think is honestly the main reason “Birds of Prey” isn’t doing as well as Sonic. In fact, almost everything “DC Cinematic Universe” lately hasn’t been widely regarded as great, except ironically the one movie not part of said “canon,” which is the “Joker” movie.

@TheHappySpaceman  
Problem is, some blame the movie design for that animation studio going bankrupt, even though it’s been confirmed that didn’t cause it. (Was other reasons.)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide