Sonic Discussion

Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@pixel  
Eh, both Nintendo & Sega have good/bad things about ’em, but I love ‘em both.

I already have most of those games on Steam, but I bought Sonic Mania for $2 on Steam, despite having it already on Switch. I could never resist a sale that ridiculous.

Hilariously, the update DLC costs more. ($5)

Should I get the new Sonic Team Racing too? ($4)

@RogueBadnik  
What does he mean by that? Did you word that wrong?

@Angrybrony  
I am an Archie fan, and even I find it annoying.

I don’t know how anyone can claim Sally and Tangle are the same.  
I even saw a rather notorious Sonic fan on DA peddling that propoganda. (And frankly, getting rid of Tangle/IDW is not going to bring Sally back. I miss her too admittedly.)
pixel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

@Beau Skunky  
I know. But you do have the option of taking the ROMs from your Genesis Classics folder and running them on whatever emulator you want so you don’t have to use the Genesis Classics one if you don’t want to.

Which is good because it ran like crap for me on Linux last time I tried despite it supposedly running natively on it.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@RogueBadnik  
Hope so, I dislike how Classic and Modern Sonic have to be segregated. It keeps classic-era characters from returning.  
(Ray and Mighty were only allowed to come back in the classic style “Sonic Mania,” but they are not allowed in modern style games, or comics anymore, because of that.)

I mean, Nintendo doesn’t forbid old “Classic” Super Mario or Zelda series chatacters/enemies from returning in new games like that.

I also assume this is why old cartoon Sonic characters aren’t allowed in the comics anymore. Because the IDW series is “modern,” and characters like Sally and Bunnie are “classic” era.

I kinda understand Sega wants the canons a bit separate, to avoid fan confusion, (I remember how annoying it was when fans insisted “Sonic X” was the same canon as the games, despite having diffetent events/settings/characters) but it kinda limits the games/comics.
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@Beau Skunky  
Sounds like Sega’s overthinking this. Just allow a world where everything is collapsed into one. Power Rangers did that. And then immediately fell in love with “alternate dimensions”.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Dex Stewart  
I’m fine with having multiple canons/universes, but I wish newer canons would be more open to draw insperation from them, rather then ignore them.  
Like how the 2012 reboot of TMNT brought back some old characters, but did new things with them.

The Archie Comics canon was basically that. A combination of the classic games, modern games, classic DIC cartoons, and some new stuff.  
It was my favorite canon, because of that. I like mixing old canons together with new stuff to make a new canon.

Some fans liked it, (I did) but some felt meshing the game characters/stories with the SatA.M. cartoon’s characters, and setting/premise “didn’t work.” (Like with overexplaining Station Square as some hidden city, and such.)  
But on the other hand, the series did a few clever ways to combine the canons.

Some fans even wanted the comics to be either only game settings/characters, or SatA.M. ones.  
I dunno, I liked both. I don’t get fans that only like one Sonic canon, or try to compete them against each other.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
It’s kinda funny, even in the Archie series’ early days Sonic would visit alternative-universes long before Rick & Morty.

I even remember when Archie Sonic visited the “Sonic Underground” AU.

@LightningBolt  
Kinda did.

IDW Sonic is nice, but feels limited to only modern Sonic game stuff, and a few new faces.
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@Beau Skunky  
I just have no interest in IDW Sonic. I’m glad many people like it, but I’m still in mourning of the original archie sonic canon, let alone the revival or IDW.
Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
Just came across this YouTube user by the name Alex Yard & Knuckles who specializes in videos involving Sonic music, talking about why they are so great, long-lasting, and had so many layers to them.  
Also talks about some other interesting facts like the reason they split up Sonic 3 & Knuckles (which I thought was because of how big the game was they couldn’t fit all of it in one cartridge) apparently was because McDonald’s had toys being made and wanted the game released in time for those released (I’m not sure how much of that is true).

Anyways definitely should check ’em out if you love the Genesis songs.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@RogueBadnik  
I’m at a loss for words.

@Dr_Osaka  
I’ve heard several stories of why STH3 was split into 2 games, so even I’m not sure which is true, or if there is a little truth to them all.

@Don’t  
@Cosmas-the-Explorer  
Well, it’s not just Sega, but also Archie, and let’s not forget the Ken Penders and Scott Shaw legal incidents that have made Sega paranoid to use the Archie characters, and such.

@Dex Stewart  
The GBA game “Sonic Battle” was kinda like that.

@LightningBolt  
I understand, I was like that too for quite awhile… In fact, I still haven’t read some of my Sonic Archie collection books yet, because I’m still bummed about it too.

Also, feels especially crumby the comic ended only a few issues short of the #300 milestone. Seriously, Sega and/or Archie couldn’t let it last at least a few more issues?
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
It is possible she wears them in the majority of her outfits as she would simply be far too powerful without them.

Honestly, I’d be 100% down to believe that. It explains how she is strong enough to lift up that giant hammer (Mjölnir?) and would also explain why she’s the only hedgehog who can’t go super–her rings keep her from doing so.

A much better explanation than “Female hedgehogs can’t go super,” which honestly always kinda struck me as a little sexist NGL.
RogueBadnik
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

⌜Ω⌟
@TheHappySpaceman  
I always thought the rings were some kind of very heavy arm weights, ala Rock Lee’s leg weights.

Its all part of her training to swing her oversized big hammer with ease, maybe spent so many times swinging, much like Guts in Berserk

full

Not to mention her practice on boxing. Probably her punches are way faster to throw.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide