Sonic Discussion

ᎶㄖҜㄩ 乃ㄥ卂匚Ҝ
One-Star Dragon Ball - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Artist -

Zamasu
I’m kinda ticked that they used the prototype music tracks for Carnival Night, Ice Cap and Launch Base (fucking legal issues.)
On the other hand, I’m glad they actually made a new theme for Sonic 3’s Super Sonic instead of lazily using the invincibility music.
BTW, Azure Lake still sounds the same, even with that riff it borrowed from Michael Jackson’s Black or White.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Angrybrony
I’m more excited they added Gamma personally, or maybe that’s just the SA nostalgia talking. (I honestly wish they would release a SA 1&2 collection for Switch. Even with the classic low polygon Dreamcast graphics.)
So in other news IDW Sonic hit 50 issues, surprised it’s that old now. I still miss Archie, and I’m not even up to the Belle issues yet, but I’m glad Sonic is still in comic form.
Saw the Sonic 2 movie months ago, loved it.
I hear bad things about “Sonic Orgins,” and I’m sad to hear it’s getting backlash.
Now I’m less optimistic about “Frontiers.” (Then again, I still enjoyed some Sonic games half the universe hated. So maybe I’ll still enjoy both games.)
Cyborg_pony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

@Beau Skunky
Gamma’s story was probably the most impactful one.
Sonic Origins had to change some music and the ones they used are *BAD! other then that, it’s pretty much as good as the Sega ones, even added the ability to activate Super form in stead of it being instant, which really helps with Wing Fortress.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Cyborg_pony
I admit, despite what some fans say, (“I only wannaz pway az Sanik or Bluckles!”) I actually loved Gamma’s unique gameplay, and storyline. Gamma was very sympathetic for a robot.
Or a bird inside a robot.
Yeah, wonder why they didn’t use the actual prototype music? I would of accepted that.
Also, needs better screen filter options. I wanna see me some clear sharp pixels. I would like a cool CRT filter too, like Mania had to capture the good old days of crappy screens.
Maybe I’ll wait for a price drop for Orgins.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@CalypsoFantasy
Alot of people actually already called him out on that already.
On a slightly less negative note, I found out recently Ken had some TV experience. He storyboarded 3 episodes of “King of the Hill,” and he made a pilot for a political family sitcom (basically spoofing conservative families, so basically a more political “King of the Hill,” but with no subtlety) that never got picked up.
He even has an IMDB profile
Another fun fact, he was a pencil artist for the old Legend of Zelda comics, before working on Sonic. Wonder if they hired him partly because of that.
Dr_Osaka
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
@Beau Skunky
Something else I noticed while listening to Sonic 3 soundtrack off Origins, it sounds a bit more funneled then the other games.
Like when you listen to 1, 2, and CD they all sound crystal clear, but when you listen to Sonic 3 & Knuckles it sounds like they ripped it from the DS collection version. So on top of what they did to the Prototype tracks, even the regular music isn’t as fun to listen to.
I always liked Gamma’s story from Sonic Adventure, one of those moments that is surprisingly emotional especially for one of Eggman’s creations. In fact it’s so good it blows Big the Cat who I thought was gonna be one of my favorite parts of Adventure out the water (pun intended)
I’m looking forward to Sonic Frontiers both as a long time Sonic fan and supporter but also the trailer footage shown looks so cool.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide