Star Wars General

Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
People need to understand that Star Wars is more than a movie, or even a set of movies.

Nothing “ruins” Star Wars except the fans.

Pull 10 SWs fans and ask them what the best movie is. Or the best game? Or the best book?

Hell, ask them for all of those and you’ll get 10 completely different combinations.

No one is a true “Star Wars fan” because such gate keeping bullshit doesn’t work in a franchise this big. If you’re dumb enough to say something “ruined” the franchise then you need to look in the mirror. The only one that ruined it is you, for yourself.
Darth Prime
You are being deceived - Derpi Supporter
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Patron
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

@09MurphyM  
But you’re missing the point of the fallacy of True Fan classification it’s a way smug pricks can be dismissive of people for liking or disliking things they don’t or do.

@09MurphyM  
@Zincy
To me, the true fans are the ones who actually enjoy all of the franchise.

That kind of statement is as bad as “If you like the Sequel/Prequel Trilogy you’re not a True Fan.”
Mad Black
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Speaking Fancy - For helping with translations

@Commune  
I miss the old EU books from Bantam, they had Superweapons that actually worked, mostly… And not a fleet of larger than average Star Destroyers with Planetkiller guns… At least Bantam spiced it up a bit with different Fractions, different kinds of Weapons, and creative ways to lay wast to a planet, new and different threads and they had an actual new Jedi Order, some competent admirals as foes and interesting plots. Also I liked Jaicen, Jaina and Anakin Solo much more than Ray and Ben/Kylo.  
Even the revived Palpatine plot was done better in the EU, thought Dark Horse’s Dark Empire series had at least three superweapons in it.

And the Backstory for Han Solo and Lando were so good, because they had so much more time to develop the backstory than a 2 hour movie.

Thought, the thing with the Death Star planes was a mess, I think the EU adresed it over half a dozen times how the rebels got them, and it was very different each time. (I think they later retconed it that the planes were split up into multiple parts and it toke a while to collect the whole thing.)
09MurphyM

@Mad Black  
I think that is part of the reason why they redid the EU to begin with. It was far too easy for the material to contradict each other, especially anything discussing Boba Fett’s pre-prequel trilogy backstory.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
The Eclipse was the closest thing in the EU to a SD with a death-ray.

It couldn’t destroy a planet in one blow, but it could wipe out a continent and theoretically could destroy one with enough shots.
Mad Black

@09MurphyM  
I know why they did it. And I could accept it if they didn’t delete the whole thing, it’s been 5 years and I am still bitter about that, since I have a whole shelf unit, an entire wall, just with star wars books and comics, literally hundreds. Thought they implemented bits and pieces of the old EU into the new Canon. Thought, they aren’t exactly the same as before. And the post Endor stuff ist vastly different, but not really explored yet.  
Still they could have left the Old Republik and Clone Wars Era stuff how it was. (Even the Clone Wars pretty much ignored the EU whenever possible, and even contradicted it’s own EU material and retconed it.) But the question about what is canon beside, I like the old EU just better than the new Canon. Generally speaking.

And I don’t even think of the Disney stuff as bad in general. Even if I didn’t consume much of the new books, comics or games. (I just don’t have the money or time to invest into it anymore. And they just could de-canonize it at any time anyway.)  
I try to avoid drama as much as possible, but some of the criticism it gets is well deserved. And still, all the excessive hate and flag it gets kinda annoys me too. So you could say I have very mixed feelings about the whole ordeal.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Mad Black

Thankfully, a lot of the individually published legends books are still in print. At least until their rights default back to the owner…which depending on the book and when it was written, could be a variable amount of time.

Dark Empire, unfortunately, does not appear to be. With most “new” copies being resales from comic stores for anywhere from 500 to 700 dollars a pop.
09MurphyM

In a way, it actually makes sense why there are very few prequel references. In both timelines, the empire was not just hunting down the remaining Jedi and separatists during the transition period. They were also erasing or altering all records of the Old republic. Naturally, the Jedi got hit the worst and lost much of their history.
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Mad Black  
Better mixed than the prequels unchallenged hate. And hopefully, the Disney EU will have its own great stories that will rival Legends’ great EU stories. Only time will tell, unfortunately.
tehwatever
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

…is that Mark Hamil as Kamille from Zeta Gundam? Did the artist seriously took Luke Skywalkers likeness? Or am I being really racist?

full

…I’m gonna go with racist. All y’all look the same to me.

Still, ngl Kamille looks great as a white dude. Wait. Is he white in the anime? Isn’t he supposed to be asian or something?

HOLD UP. Is everyone in Zeta Gundam white?! Holy shit I never realized that! Okay look I know, Roberto is latino because of his name and color but I srsly thought errbody else asian. OH MY GOD.
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@09MurphyM  
I’m aware, though that doesn’t mean they’re bring over the same quality, sadly. At least Mandalorian is better than the Holiday Special despite bring over Life Day from it.
Mad Black

@09MurphyM  
Yeah the funny thing is, in the late eighties and nineties they stayed pretty far away from that point in time, in universe pretty much for the reasons you mention. Even thought their were quiet a few eyewitnesses around at that point in time. (Also it was because Lucas forbid them to address that time, because of his planes for the prequels which were still in work, and he was still drafting that out.)  
Later after 2005 they included much more from the prequels into the EU, problem was they were at 30 ABY at this point, and the whole Yuzhang Vong war had happened. Yet all of a sudden Luke new what the Old Jedi Order was like, and he implemented more and more stuff of their teachings into his new academy. Thought he found the Outbought Flight wrack and more and more Jedi Holocrons and such things. And they found a hologram of Anakin attacking Padme on Mustafar in some hidden data in R2D2 and much more. That were some weird Implementation of retcons.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide