Star Wars General

Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@silbasa  
So you also wanted the movies to be about the OG cast and for them to never pass the torch to a newer generation, or thinks that the problems with Ray are because she was made to target women/girls and not because of bad writing?
silbasa
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

@Meanlucario  
They had the Beatles back together and then had them make solo albums. The OG cast never even got to meet back up once.

The lack of an overall plan for the story hurt it. After the first movie the new director came in and threw out everything the first movie set up. When that did not work the old guy was brought back in again to omit the second movie and take up the reins from the first one again and had to compress 2 movies into 1. This all resulted in the obliteration of the OG characters and for me an experience of overall very poor quality.

Rey. The actress is capable but the poor writing comes back to haunt the character. Not really an arc to speak of. Extremely powerful. (She can do everything instinctively, even raise the dead…) Rey was a multitool they used with their lazy writing to solve everything. And all the other characters are just useless most of the time. I never got into any of the new sequel characters because of this.

It’s overall a very shoddy piece of work the whole thing really.
Darth Prime
You are being deceived - Derpi Supporter
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Patron
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Star Wars Visions is really good.  
But honestly don’t see why most of these can’t be canon.  
Yeah there’s some that break the mechanics like || Hyperdrive Lightsaber cut || but most of them can fit fairly easy into continuity.
Darth Prime
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -

@Meanlucario  
Well first of all I don’t like the this canon baggage thing you’re talking about I don’t see it as an issue with way vast the SW Universe is which bring it to the next point.  
Secondly as I said most of them can fit there’s only like three of these nine shorts that have issues that might make it hard fitting in so this “canon baggage” argument you’re pushing is already bullshit.
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Darth Prime  
I think the creators rather have people talking about the works as they are rather than trying to place them on a canon tier list, unlike Lucasgames. It’s no worst than homebrewing in a TTRPG, only this homebrew has the support of the source material.
Darth Prime
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -

Also, canon and fandom’s version of Jedis are very different, so that’s a factor.

I don’t see what that has to do with.  
Especially since Jedi are depicted very well in these so cute what the fuck is your point?  
Also it’s Jedi as the plural(bet you say “ninjas” as well).
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Darth Prime  
Just because it feels like SW doesn’t mean it fits with the universe. Remember when Starkiller defeated Darth Vader and he turned him into the Rebels?

Because I got the impression that Jedi and Sith are in these shorts and said shorts take place during the Empire. There’s also how strict the orders were that may bring issue if trying to make a short anime involving them with canon’s version (I’m talking about Lucas’s version of Jedi).
Darth Prime
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -

Just because it feels like SW doesn’t mean it fits with the universe.

That is the absolute dumbest thing I have ever seen you say.

And no not all of these are around the Empire/Clone Wars there is one that seems more High Republic era that is Jedi vs Sith and another one that felt like it could fit circa KOTOR 2.  
Like I’ve actually watched these and as I keep saying most of them (not all) can work in canon.  
And the Jedi here are depicted well as part of the overall themes of Star Wars and I mean the individual Jedi not as the Order as like stuff Prequel Jedi Order that you call “Lucas Jedi”.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Darth Prime  
I said “Lucas Jedi” since that’s the canon version, both in Disney and Legends. Them being heroes was always EU, but fans were determined that was the “canon” version despite what the Prequels (the top tier of canon base on the canon tier list of Legends) show.

I think you may have spent too much time in Legends’s EU, where writers had practically to write whatever they wanted. Or are you going to say that Force-sensitive rocks and the Yuuzhan Vong fit neatly into the movie’s version of Star Wars? Not just Disney’s, but Lucas’s as well.
Darth Prime
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -

@Meanlucario  
Alright I think we’re getting off track here cause you’re bringing up stuff not relevant here from Legends as if to try and undercut me.

So let’s try and focus on what are actually points are.

My point is what I’m trying to say is: I really liked these it was something Star Wars that I like I like Star Wars so when I see something SW that I enjoy I wish to express that enjoyment and with these shorts they were good the understood SW they depicted it right and I wish to express disappointment that some of them can fit in canon but are not canon that is unfortunate.  
Tatooine Rhapsody, The Village Bride, The Ninth Jedi, The Elder, Lop & Ochō, and maybe The Duel if you “squint” a bit can fit, were all excellent and felt like they fit the universe as if their creators really wanted them to, as if canon was NOT a constraint.  
And even the ones were it’s tricky or impossible to be canon are still good as well.  
The Village Bride especially had me actually tearing up at just how well it got and depicted the themes of Star Wars I felt such joy at seeing the series depicted so spot on.

Now what’s your point?  
Cause it seems like you’re trying to tell me it’s a bad thing to think or want these shorts to be canon.
Dex Stewart
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@Darth Prime  
If enough people like something, it’ll become canon. Like Clone Wars. It really doesn’t fit, but enough people liked it so much that now it’s squeezed in.  
I think Visions is a bit like the old Star Wars Tales comics, plenty of those stories could fit into canon easily.  
Even Skippy the Jedi Droid. Yes that’s a real character.
Dex Stewart
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
full  
Gonna take a nap. Later maybe I’ll watch this one. Last Jedi surprised me, it’s definitely not my favorite Star Wars movie, but I’m glad I watched it.  
I don’t think this one will surprise me.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide