Star Wars General

TheFinite
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Shiny Bug
From a coworker whom was leaving the job for another one, apparently there’s still people who are convinced Disney is going to retcon the Sequel trilogy out of existence? I just sort of never understood that, or the reasoning behind how anyone could buy that as a thing Disney would do.
Darth Prime
You are being deceived - Derpi Supporter
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Patron
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

@TheFinite
I don’t know.
I guess since Disney shafted Legends people think they’d do it again with their own thing.
That’s just wishful thinking of course.
The optimistic or slightly more likely thing is an alternate timeline away from the Sequel Trilogy and even that’s probably never gonna happen either.
TheFinite
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Shiny Bug
@Darth Prime
I mean from my perspective, they got rid of Legends because they would likely need to step all over it to make new movies regardless.
I’m rather fond of the Sequels, actually preferring them over the Prequels, but I think it’s much more likely (and useful) that they’re going to expand upon them with side material, like had happened with the Prequel trilogy. It makes plenty of sense from a financial standpoint; Sure, the Sequels didn’t make as much money as the Original trilogy, but it did make more than the Prequels; I simply think they’re waiting for a bit of the heat to die down as they work on their existing projects first.
Darth Prime
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -

@TheFinite
I figure the reason they’re not doing anything in Sequel era is because it’d basically be the same stuff they’re doing right now with post-ROTJ: rebuilding the Jedi again reestablishing the Republic again.
They’d basically be telling the same story side-by-side in two different eras.
TheFinite

Shiny Bug
@Angrybrony
Not really how that works. Just because you aren’t able to come up with ideas doesn’t mean they don’t exist.
@Darth Prime
While I can see that there are similarities between the two era’s, I don’t think it’s impossible to tell different stories between them. The post-ROTJ era is locked-in with where it’s going, but the post-TROS era isn’t.
TheFinite

Shiny Bug
@Darth Prime
And I’m fine with that; There are issues I have with currents Star Wars as well, it’s simply that I think expanding upon it is a better idea than erasing it. The stuff around the prequels is better then the actual prequels, for example.
Darth Prime
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -

@TheFinite
Yeah but the Prequels still had its own identity its own story to it messy though it might have been in its execution thus your supplementary type stuff The Clone Wars being the most obvious was basically a refining or smoothing of edges of what was already there.
The Sequels on the other hand don’t really have its own identity and feel hollow and because of a lack of unified vision of creative differences the trilogy feels disjointed contributing to that hallow thus supplementary material like Prequel era type stuff doesn’t have anything that could be refined it would have to figure something out that could be inject into the Sequel era to make sense out of it.
And in addition to that let’s consider how much time there is between films of the Prequels and Sequels.
Prequel Trilogy: Episode I ten years Episode II three years(The Clone Wars obviously) Episode III.
Sequel Trilogy: Episode VII like an hour I guess Episode VIII like a year Episode IX.
Unlike the Prequels or even the OT there’s not a lot of time between movies in the Sequel Trilogy so there’s really not much room for there to even put in a The Clone Wars type series to try and patch things up for it.
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@Darth Prime
I’d still like to see a show with Finn as the main character. Set after Rise, may be still palling around with Rose, going on quirky adventures, saving more space horses.
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
You know what RoS needed? Palpatine scratching at a scruffy beard throughout the movie, and at one point going “This is why shaved when I was in office.”
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide