Viewing last 25 versions of post by Violet Rose in The Rain in topic Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Violet Rose in The Rain
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

So I was reading through "[this YouTube video":'s](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfHXJRqq-qo's) comments and two in particular stand out to me:
[bq]

>
This argument is ridiculous to me. Arming the public wouldn’t make a difference cause the people don’t revolt when they think the problem doesn’t affect them. We had Jim Crow and no one defended blacks by overthrowing the government. We had slavery and the people who TRIED to overthrow the government were FOR slavery. Natives were forcibly removed from there homes illegally in the trail of tears and no one fought for them.

>
>
Even now the same 2A fervent supporters who say they’ll overthrow the government here a group of Americans say “we’re being killed by a police state” and people bend over backwards to say why said police state is justified.

>
>
These people wouldn’t fight a tyrannical state[/bq]
[bq]

>
As a Turkish citizen, I do not see the logic behind the idea of preventing a tyrannical government by having large number of guns. The weapons may be an advantage to fight against a tyrannical regime, but it certainly is not enough to win against the oppressor.

>
>
Here in my country, people can get different kinds of weapons if they like. They can get handguns, hunting rifles or shotguns, they can even get an AK-47 if they live in rural areas. By U.S. and European standards, Erdogan is already an authoritarian man and the country has already turned into a tyrannical regime by having the largest number of journalists jailed, poor human rights records, poor checks and balances in the government. In other words, it is a tyrannical regime in Ben Shapiro’s or Ben Carson’s word. Yet, the Erdogan’s government still has a huge number of popularities in the nation where half the country will rather die than electing another government. If the opposition groups revolt against Erdogan, it will only make his job easier to finally get rid of whatever opposition left in the country under the excuse of combating against terrorism. So, revolting against the government and shooting Erdogan’s men is equal to giving him a golden gift basket for their supports to help his cause.

>
>
Also, Erdogan has the control of the entire military, police-force, and intelligence agencies. However, if the opposition groups start a civil-war, for example, then he may not even bother to mobilize the army but rather he can give weapons to his supporters and send them to fight against the oppositions. Then, he can simply justify his actions by saying to the world that there are uprising events happening because of the opposition groups and he will remove them to protect the democracy from collapsing. So, tyrannical governments do not acknowledge themselves as they are tyrannical and claim that they are functioning democracies, republics, or something else even though they are not.

>
>
In short, there is no ultimate solution to stop a tyrannical government from gaining power because the guns which are used to prevent a tyranny can easily be used as a back bone for tyrannical regimes to rise at the same time. Look at the Syria for example, for a time the opposition groups were winning when they were supplied from other countries but once the Russia, a professional military were involved in the conflict, they began to retreat to the point that they lost all the chances of winning.

>
>
To prevent a tyrannical government, one needs more than just guns. They need a strong public popularity, allies from outside that will support and supply the oppositions against the tyrannical government, advanced weapons to combat against the government's armored divisions, air and sea dominance, professional people who knows how to fight or how to survive against the odds such as sickness, starvation, dehydration, physiological traumas or PTSD, and low morale. If an opposition group lacks any of these to fight against tyranny and rely only to their guns, that means they lost the war before even it begins.[/bq]
No reason given
Edited by Violet Rose in The Rain
Violet Rose in The Rain
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

So I was reading through "this YouTube video":https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfHXJRqq-qo's comments and two in particular stand out to me:
[bq]This argument is ridiculous to me. Arming the public wouldn’t make a difference cause the people don’t revolt when they think the problem doesn’t affect them. We had Jim Crow and no one defended blacks by overthrowing the government. We had slavery and the people who TRIED to overthrow the government were FOR slavery. Natives were forcibly removed from there homes illegally in the trail of tears and no one fought for them.

Even now the same 2A fervent supporters who say they’ll overthrow the government here a group of Americans say “we’re being killed by a police state” and people bend over backwards to say why said police state is justified.

These people wouldn’t fight a tyrannical state[/bq]
[bq]As a Turkish citizen, I do not see the logic behind the idea of preventing a tyrannical government by having large number of guns. The weapons may be an advantage to fight against a tyrannical regime, but it certainly is not enough to win against the oppressor.

Here in my country, people can get different kinds of weapons if they like. They can get handguns, hunting rifles or shotguns, they can even get an AK-47 if they live in rural areas. By U.S. and European standards, Erdogan is already an authoritarian man and the country has already turned into a tyrannical regime by having the largest number of journalists jailed, poor human rights records, poor checks and balances in the government. In other words, it is a tyrannical regime in Ben Shapiro’s or Ben Carson’s word. Yet, the Erdogan’s government still has a huge number of popularities in the nation where half the country will rather die than electing another government. If the opposition groups revolt against Erdogan, it will only make his job easier to finally get rid of whatever opposition left in the country under the excuse of combating against terrorism. So, revolting against the government and shooting Erdogan’s men is equal to giving him a golden gift basket for their supports to help his cause.

Also, Erdogan has the control of the entire military, police-force, and intelligence agencies. However, if the opposition groups start a civil-war, for example, then he may not even bother to mobilize the army but rather he can give weapons to his supporters and send them to fight against the oppositions. Then, he can simply justify his actions by saying to the world that there are uprising events happening because of the opposition groups and he will remove them to protect the democracy from collapsing. So, tyrannical governments do not acknowledge themselves as they are tyrannical and claim that they are functioning democracies, republics, or something else even though they are not.

In short, there is no ultimate solution to stop a tyrannical government from gaining power because the guns which are used to prevent a tyranny can easily be used as a back bone for tyrannical regimes to rise at the same time. Look at the Syria for example, for a time the opposition groups were winning when they were supplied from other countries but once the Russia, a professional military were involved in the conflict, they began to retreat to the point that they lost all the chances of winning.

To prevent a tyrannical government, one needs more than just guns. They need a strong public popularity, allies from outside that will support and supply the oppositions against the tyrannical government, advanced weapons to combat against the government's armored divisions, air and sea dominance, professional people who knows how to fight or how to survive against the odds such as sickness, starvation, dehydration, physiological traumas or PTSD, and low morale. If an opposition group lacks any of these to fight against tyranny and rely only to their guns, that means they lost the war before even it begins.[/bq]
No reason given
Edited by Violet Rose in The Rain